3M™ Privacy Filters help prevent anyone from viewing your on-screen data from the side, while maintaining impressively high clarity when viewed straight on. Each Privacy Filter is custom-cut for the relevant MacBook Pro or MacBook Air model. Each package includes two filter application systems, along with an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens.
- Helps keep on-screen information private; screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Reversible with glossy finish on one side and a matte finish on the other
- Glossy side offers highest clarity for viewing; matte side offers reduction in screen glare
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
- Made in USA
Did you notice?Safeguards your display and gives you the choice of a glossy or matte surface.
Apple Recommends ForUse your Mac in coffee shops, airports, and other public places while keeping on-screen text private.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Height: 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Width: 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight: 1.1 oz./31.2 g
- Length: 7.06 in./17.93 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMAR13
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829110
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Not Very Effective
I've been using the screen filter for several months, and every time I ask my peers in lectures to test whether the filter actuall I've been using the screen filter for several months, and every time I ask my peers in lectures to test whether the filter actually makes it harder for them look at what I'm doing, they are able to tell me exactly what I am doing at that moment. This is done without them having to turn their face towards my screen; all it took for them was to just shift their eyes and my screen was completely vulnerable. I usually have my screen light on low setting, so again, I tried to make it as hard as possible for them to look at my screen. I DO NOT recommend this product. …
- Written by Theodore L from Valencia
21 of 30 people found this useful
Works well, but...
Product installs easily and works as described. Travel extensively for work and this is a great privacy filter screen product. Gla Product installs easily and works as described. Travel extensively for work and this is a great privacy filter screen product. Glad to see 3M quality in the Apple store.
It ships with 12 attachment adhesive strips, and this option is an easy install. But, the instructions that are in the the inbox material also include instructions for privacy slide mounting adhesive tab strips as well. Unfortunately this is not part of the in box whatsoever. Found myself thinking I was missing part of the product. From there, I took another look at the packaging. Unfortunately the packaging doesn't really tell you exactly what is in the box, other than "4 ITEMS".
For $34.95, I'd think you could include both installation product options for the customer. …
- Written by Mike W from Charleston
26 of 29 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
- Nov 14, 2013
No answers yet
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 10, 2013
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
- Jul 23, 2013
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 19, 2013
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
- Jul 26, 2013
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
- Apr 9, 2013
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 14, 2013
What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?
- Asked by Edith E from Alexandria
- Jan 22, 2013
3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for 3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for your need. …
- Answered by Eric N from Coquitlam
- Feb 28, 2013