OverviewSpeck’s SmartShell Satin case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A1490
- UPC or EAN No. : 875912026956
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Terrible Case, Waste of Money
I bought the initial product and the tabs that hold the case in place broke off. I have no idea how they did as a rarely take the computer off my desk. After a dozen emails with customer service I got a replacement case. This case lasted only two months before I noticed the missing tabs. They are now refusing to replace it because it was out of warranty. Extreme wast of money, buy any other case. …
- Written by Eric A from Stevensville
26 of 30 people found this useful
Case broke in the back after a month
At first, the case looked nice and fit like an average case would. The vents on the bottom work well with the retina macbook pro, but the bottom back corners are a bit flimsy. After a month of use, the left bottom back corner broke off. I'm a student and I use my computer regularly in class, but I don't throw it around or anything. The warranty doesn't cover broken parts so now I'm out fifty. Wait for a better case to come out because there is no way this case can last longer than a year for a regular user. …
- Written by Aaron C from Riverside
13 of 16 people found this useful
Waste of Money
It has only been 1 week since I purchased this case from my local Apple store and the little tabs that make the case stay on, have broken off. I really hope I can get a refund. …
- Written by Janice G from Palm Springs
13 of 18 people found this useful
Only lasted 2 Months.
I gave this Speck case a try since Incase didn't have a case for the 15" Retina what a waste of money it only lasted 2 months at l east let it last a year, same problem as other reviews the tabs on the back bottom broke off. If your looking for a case look elsewhere because this one is going to disappoint. …
- Written by ANTHONY J from AZUSA
1 of 3 people found this useful
The case fits nice and has a nice feel but the bottom cover clips have broken off of mine and now loosely fits.
- Written by Rich A from Tukwila
1 of 2 people found this useful
So I read the reviews, I took a chance and ordered this case for my brand new 15" macbook pro. After seeing that everyone was comp laining about "clips" breaking I was concerned, but then again most all Apple users are nit pickers. Here is what I found upon roughly 3 weeks of ownership:
Does NOT scratch your macbook pro as others have listed.
Protects your laptop, but would most likely break if dropped.
The "clips" others reviewed as breaking can occur if - you are not careful with the install, OR you are ruff with opening the lid. Be sure to carefully install this case.
The case does NOT look like the picture (I expected an iphone "ottor box" style material).
This case is a gel-like polyurethane material.
I would buy it again, but only to protect from scratches not drops. If you drop it-it will probably break. It is overpriced as all Apple products are. Lastly, stop taking off stars do to your non-tech incompetence! …
- Written by James C from Hurricane
7 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Reece K
- May 14, 2013
- Asked by Jennie S from Calgary
- Dec 11, 2012
No, the new generation off macbooks are thinner than yours, and im not too sure that they sell them anymore …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
- Dec 16, 2012
- Asked by Keefe M
- Feb 7, 2013
The case comes in two separate parts that clip onto the side of the MacBook
- Answered by Thomas P
- Mar 7, 2013
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
- Dec 2, 2012
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
- Feb 4, 2013
- Asked by Rhoda C from Virginia Beach
- Jan 10, 2013
It's more purple than pink.
- Answered by Kimi K
- Jan 15, 2013