Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2393
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005274
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Do not recommend
Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed on Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed onto my carpet floor and it was fine. I would not recommend because the case itself causes these black hole indentations on my Mac, sometimes even scratches not many though, and dirt will still build up in the space in between the case and the Mac so you have to remove it from time to time to clean it off, especially in the vent area. I'm going to most likely replace it with an InCase soft shell case, my brother has it in black and his is scratch less so far. …
- Written by Tahisha V from Ottawa
111 of 138 people found this useful
I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very ea I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very easy, every port and the superdrive is easily assessable it looks good and does protect the macbook pro.I have no marks on the case or the mac,it does add some weight(not much but you'll notice),there are no issues with heat,it will allow fine dust to get in between the case and the mac,just pop it off and hit it with a blast of compressed air,put it back on and you're good. It is pricey for a piece of plastic,but worth the protection.I highly recommend this case …
- Written by Hector C from ellenwood
78 of 89 people found this useful
Sticky stuff won't come off
I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for hours but it won't come off. We will be returning. I guess these guys have never heard of electro static film. …
- Written by Daniel H from Toronto
66 of 105 people found this useful
Corners Break Off
I am on my second case. Speck customer service is great and I received the second one from them without any cost. However, I could I am on my second case. Speck customer service is great and I received the second one from them without any cost. However, I couldn't get the color that I had originally. I've had the second one for less than three months (maybe less than two) and the corner just fell off yesterday. I am very careful with my computer, never taking it anywhere without a neoprene sleeve. I could probably deal with Speck again and get a new one--it was fairly painless--but I'm wondering if it is worth the effort. I purchased the case through Apple but had to go through Speck for the warranty. I see that "my" color is still on the Apple site but I couldn't get it from Speck. The same corners also broke off the first case. Definitely a design/materials flaw. …
- Written by Dana M from Meadville
"macbook pro's second skin"
Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing eac Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing each shell case is very convenient . Just a reminder that before placing the smart shell case,make sure to dust and clean your macbook first since after placing the case..it would be really a challenge to remove it. Overall the smart Shell is a perfect option to prevent the macbook from scratches and dirt. It also closes without any gaps. …
- Written by Ponciano O from Vancouver
I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, but the flat part that covers the top and bottom of the laptop barely touch the computer. With that being said, it is SOOO squeaky! I put the laptop with the case on it in my backpack and it sounds horrible! I removed the case and the problem went away. …
- Written by Amanda Z from Cincinnati
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
- Feb 25, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015