Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2393
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005274
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Do not recommend
Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed on Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed onto my carpet floor and it was fine. I would not recommend because the case itself causes these black hole indentations on my Mac, sometimes even scratches not many though, and dirt will still build up in the space in between the case and the Mac so you have to remove it from time to time to clean it off, especially in the vent area. I'm going to most likely replace it with an InCase soft shell case, my brother has it in black and his is scratch less so far. …
- Written by Tahisha V from Ottawa
110 of 136 people found this useful
I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very ea I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very easy, every port and the superdrive is easily assessable it looks good and does protect the macbook pro.I have no marks on the case or the mac,it does add some weight(not much but you'll notice),there are no issues with heat,it will allow fine dust to get in between the case and the mac,just pop it off and hit it with a blast of compressed air,put it back on and you're good. It is pricey for a piece of plastic,but worth the protection.I highly recommend this case …
- Written by Hector C from ellenwood
76 of 87 people found this useful
Sticky stuff won't come off
I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for hours but it won't come off. We will be returning. I guess these guys have never heard of electro static film. …
- Written by Daniel H from Toronto
65 of 104 people found this useful
"macbook pro's second skin"
Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing eac Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing each shell case is very convenient . Just a reminder that before placing the smart shell case,make sure to dust and clean your macbook first since after placing the case..it would be really a challenge to remove it. Overall the smart Shell is a perfect option to prevent the macbook from scratches and dirt. It also closes without any gaps. …
- Written by Ponciano O from Vancouver
I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, but the flat part that covers the top and bottom of the laptop barely touch the computer. With that being said, it is SOOO squeaky! I put the laptop with the case on it in my backpack and it sounds horrible! I removed the case and the problem went away. …
- Written by Amanda Z from Cincinnati
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not durable at all!
I've given the Speck Macbook case two chances, and each time resulted in disappointing results.
The first time, the top part of I've given the Speck Macbook case two chances, and each time resulted in disappointing results.
The first time, the top part of the case was loose. Not loose in how it attached, but lose in the way that the lighted Apple logo on my Macbook looked extremely blurry when you looked at it. This annoyed me so much. The fact that there was a huge space in between the top shell and the actual lap top. To add to that, the case cracks at the point where it hooks on to the Macbook.
I bought another one, and the same thing happened except the new one didn't have a gap in between the case and Macbook. It did develop cracks within a month. …
- Written by John H from Daly City
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013