Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2393
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005274
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Do not recommend
Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed on Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed onto my carpet floor and it was fine. I would not recommend because the case itself causes these black hole indentations on my Mac, sometimes even scratches not many though, and dirt will still build up in the space in between the case and the Mac so you have to remove it from time to time to clean it off, especially in the vent area. I'm going to most likely replace it with an InCase soft shell case, my brother has it in black and his is scratch less so far. …
- Written by Tahisha V from Ottawa
99 of 124 people found this useful
I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very ea I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very easy, every port and the superdrive is easily assessable it looks good and does protect the macbook pro.I have no marks on the case or the mac,it does add some weight(not much but you'll notice),there are no issues with heat,it will allow fine dust to get in between the case and the mac,just pop it off and hit it with a blast of compressed air,put it back on and you're good. It is pricey for a piece of plastic,but worth the protection.I highly recommend this case …
- Written by Hector C from ellenwood
68 of 79 people found this useful
Sticky stuff won't come off
I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for I bought this for my wife for Xmas. When we removed the sticky film it left glue all over the case. We've soaked and scrubbed for hours but it won't come off. We will be returning. I guess these guys have never heard of electro static film. …
- Written by Daniel H from Toronto
58 of 92 people found this useful
Not durable at all!
I've given the Speck Macbook case two chances, and each time resulted in disappointing results.
The first time, the top part of I've given the Speck Macbook case two chances, and each time resulted in disappointing results.
The first time, the top part of the case was loose. Not loose in how it attached, but lose in the way that the lighted Apple logo on my Macbook looked extremely blurry when you looked at it. This annoyed me so much. The fact that there was a huge space in between the top shell and the actual lap top. To add to that, the case cracks at the point where it hooks on to the Macbook.
I bought another one, and the same thing happened except the new one didn't have a gap in between the case and Macbook. It did develop cracks within a month. …
- Written by John H from Daly City
So I've always used Speck for anything from my iPhone to my iPad to my macbook air...When I got my MBP the first thing I purchased So I've always used Speck for anything from my iPhone to my iPad to my macbook air...When I got my MBP the first thing I purchased with this case but in black, fast forward to a year later and the side broke off. I don't travel much so there should be ZERO reasons for it to break. Okay I'll give them one more chance so I pick up this case at the apple store on 1/21/13 and last week 1/28/14 a corner broke off!!! So i'm out of warranty and that's another 54.45 wasted, I just bought a CASE MATE case for my iPhone 5s and I REALLY hope they get into the macbook case game, I refuse to purchase another 50+ dollar case to have it break in less than a year. STAY AWAY if you must have this case buy it used or on ebay or something, not worth the 54.45 it goes for …
- Written by Juan M from Pasadena
1 of 1 people found this useful
When I first got the case for my mac is was working very well. It kept it safe from major scratches or dents from abuse. Yet, over When I first got the case for my mac is was working very well. It kept it safe from major scratches or dents from abuse. Yet, over time parts for holding the case on started to fall off. I took the case off and on the corners of the top shell of my mac were several marks where the case rubbed the finish off of my mac leaving visible marks. Overall, it protected from bigger marks, but the case itself caused marks. …
- Written by Caleb S from Columbia Station
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 17, 2014
Yes, it does.
- Answered by Kharla A from Airdrie
- Aug 27, 2014
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
- Jul 18, 2014
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
- Aug 23, 2014
is this case also suitable for a macbook air 11" from mid 2012?
- Asked by Noa B
- Aug 22, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 11, 2014
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 19, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014
Does it fit the MacBook Pro without the retina display?
- Asked by Denise M from Bellaire
- Jun 11, 2013
Yes, just be sure to select that specific model before purchase.
- Answered by Brandon S from Abbeville
- Jun 12, 2013