OverviewSpeck’s SmartShell Satin case keeps your MacBook protected with its super-thin and lightweight two-piece design. The silky-smooth matte coating gives this case a great grippy feel. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin (1.5mm) hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, matte two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The Apple logo shines through the soft-touch frosted finish.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A1480
- UPC or EAN No. : 875912026857
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
Ratings & Reviews
Waste of Money
Absolute waste of money. Dust gets caught between the case and your Mac and leaves little scratches all over it; does more damage than good! Furthermore, clips on bottom shell fell off in less than 3 weeks. I got a replacement under warranty and the same thing happend again. Ruined Mac, ruined case, save your money! …
- Written by Amin K from Victoria
47 of 68 people found this useful
DO NOT BUY YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Do not buy this product. The whole purpose is to protect your laptop from scratches and damage but instead it damaged my laptop le aving black ugly marks. Dust get caught in between the laptop and the case and it is a pain to get off and put back on. It does fit perfectly but will only damage your laptop in the long run! …
- Written by Elizabeth C from Omaha
26 of 40 people found this useful
Fell off the roof of my car
Long story short, I forgot my macbook on the roof of my car. Shortly after merging onto the freeway I heard a crash as it bounced along my the roof, and when I looked in my rearview I witnessed my beloved Mac Pro 13" smashing into the shoulder and sliding for about 30' after a 50mph fall. Thankfully it went to the right and not into traffic.
I exited, went around, and pulled over then ran to what I expected to be the carcass of a once beautiful machine. To my complete shock it was still in one piece, showing only minor damage. I got back in the car, held the power button... and it turned on! This case saved it's life. There is no scratching to speak of, the only damage is a dent in the corner of the screen where it landed and a little scratch on the corner of the body. The glass is not cracked, and it runs just fine. I will replace the screen just because the dent annoys me and reminds me of my own stupidity. The case is utterly mangled, so I promptly bought a new one when I got home (I also called and told them my story).
Do not listen to ANYONE that says this product does not provide adequate protection. …
- Written by Corey W from Carlsbad
17 of 23 people found this useful
Worth it. Don''t believe the negative remarks.
In all honesty, I bought this to HIDE my first (and only) scratch on the cover of my MBP. If you occassionally remove it and clean the dust, I can't see how it could possibly make things worse for you. (My guess is that some folks on here are way too rough with their $1000+ machines. I've had it for over 2 years and--other than the initial scratch before having the case--my laptop literally looks brand new. My only gripe is that a couple of the clips where the computer snaps in actually bent and broke when removing it. …
- Written by Adam R from Fayetteville
2 of 2 people found this useful
I cannot recommend this product.
It damaged my laptop with scratches from the dirt that got caught inbetween the cover and the laptop. Also, the hinge that holds the screen got damaged because of the cover. If possible I would rate this product with zero stars. …
- Written by Simon L from Aalborg
3 of 5 people found this useful
I love this case! Keeps my mac scratch free and inconspicuous in public. The texture also makes for slip-free handling. To all the negative reviews regarding scratching, the box the case comes in says to take the cover off once a month and clean the build up of dust and small particles... if you follow these simple directions (takes less than 5 minutes), scratching will not occur. …
- Written by Shea T from Irvine
7 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Reece K
- May 14, 2013
- Answered by Elaine D from Hallett Cove
- May 19, 2013
- Asked by Jennie S from Calgary
- Dec 11, 2012
No, the new generation off macbooks are thinner than yours, and im not too sure that they sell them anymore …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
- Dec 16, 2012
- Asked by Keefe M
- Feb 7, 2013
The case comes in two separate parts that clip onto the side of the MacBook
- Answered by Thomas P
- Mar 7, 2013
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
- Dec 2, 2012
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
- Feb 4, 2013
- Asked by Rhoda C from Virginia Beach
- Jan 10, 2013
It's more purple than pink.
- Answered by Kimi K
- Jan 15, 2013