UP by Jawbone combines a wristband and app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that together help you better understand how you sleep, move, and eat—so you can make more-informed lifestyle decisions and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/14.0 to 15.5 CM, MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/15.5 to 18.0 CM, LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/18.0 to 20.0 CM
Track your sleep
Small and comfortable to wear all day and night, UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep, and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery, or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber, and sodium.
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It also delivers personalized insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Track total hours of sleep, how long it took you to fall asleep, light versus deep sleep, and more
- Track steps, distance, intensity level, calories burned, and active versus idle time
- Log your workouts—from running to dancing to yoga—to accurately track calories burned
- Log what you eat and drink by taking a photo, scanning a barcode, or searching the UP database
- Helps you track detailed nutritional info such as calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein sugar, fiber, and sodium
- Personalized insights reveal knowledge about yourself and guide you to make informed choices
- Smart Alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family—add teammates, follow each other's progress, and have fun collaborating and competing
- Comfortable, durable, and stylish wristband you can wear all day and night
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
Did you notice?Your new smart alarm clock, UP helps you wake feeling refreshed. It silently vibrates on your wrist and wakes you at the optimal moment.
Apple Recommends ForUnderstanding your lifestyle with the help of an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and learning how to feel your best.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Height: 1.97 in./50 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight: 0.67 oz./19 g
- Length: 2.6 in./66 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBR03a-SM
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912008973
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM
UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep in the background while the app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Get insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
* Activity alerts - Receive move notifications that are relevant. Customize based on how many steps you take and time of day. Available to UP24 users only.
* Share your summary pages to Facebook & Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so, at a glance, you can understand the meaning behind your data. UP also delivers personalized insights and clear, actionable tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set multiple Smart Alarms to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you’ve been sitting too long.
A DEEPER LOOK AT SLEEP
See details about your sleep such as hours slept, time to fall asleep, and how many times you woke up. Over time, discover patterns that can affect how you feel.
KNOW HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE
Capture a complete record of your day's activity - Steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active vs. idle. See how everything from going for a run to walking the dog contributes to reaching your goals.
LOG YOUR FOOD & DRINK
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. UP keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber and sodium.
YOUR UP. YOUR APPS.
Complement your UP experience and connect to your favorite apps, or discover new ones, within UP.
Track your weight, map your bike rides, access extensive food libraries and more with apps like IFTTT, Strava and Wello, and that data will be seamlessly integrated into your UP feed, lifeline and trends. You can also view detailed UP sleep, movement, food and mood data within selected apps to make those experiences even better.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L) …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Loving My Jawbone Up
I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demogr I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demographic. However, this product has worked perfectly since I put it on about 10 days ago. It syncs immediately unlike a rival product that I tried earlier. I love seeing how active I've been and I'm beginning to see a pattern to my inactive times. I also am fascinated with the graph of my sleep patterns. In addition, the Up actually holds its charge as long as it says. Mine went the full 10 days.
Here are a few suggestions for making a super product even better:
1. I would love being able to see the time, then I could do away with my watch.
2. I realize it would be difficult, but it would be great if we could buy extra colored bands and change them to match our clothes.
3. In the future, I hope we will be able to sync without taking off the band, and plugging it in to our mobile devices. How about just touching it to the screen?
A Happy User …
- Written by Cathy D from Martin
93 of 98 people found this useful
Broke down after a month use
The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it does not work at all. Tried to reset the device without success. My (amateur) conclusion is a mechanical failure of the button. Today, I search the net and found others with the same problems. …
- Written by Håkan O from Sundsvall
74 of 80 people found this useful
Great Concept-Poor design
I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the others (the UP band is listed in several places on this site), I am now stuck with a band that will no long er charge. Apple does not stand behind their sales after 30 days so I am having to deal with the manufacturer. Too bad all around. …
- Written by Debra B from Durham
65 of 65 people found this useful
works great....for a couple months
My UP worked great for about 3 months and then stopped charging. I called Jawbone and they sent me a new one and 2 months later it My UP worked great for about 3 months and then stopped charging. I called Jawbone and they sent me a new one and 2 months later it did the same thing. …
- Written by Russell P from Downers Grove
1 of 1 people found this useful
Gave it a shot, but I want out.
Avoid it. I really liked this product and app, which is why I decided to keep exchanging for new ones when my band kept breaking. Avoid it. I really liked this product and app, which is why I decided to keep exchanging for new ones when my band kept breaking. I'll now be on my fourth band within a year, and I realize that it will never fully work for a regular product lifetime. I am stuck in an endless cycle of exchanging bands after every few months. I either have to hope each new band breaks within the three-month exchange period or hope for a non-defective band, which has not been the case after three bands. …
- Written by Roel P from Los Angeles
1 of 1 people found this useful
I would try something else
I am on my third one in less than a year. I like it but it breaks all the time. I will I could trade it in for a gift card or so I am on my third one in less than a year. I like it but it breaks all the time. I will I could trade it in for a gift card or something else. …
- Written by Jeffrey K from Gilbert
9 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this up24 or the earlier version?
- Asked by Ning Xiang K
- Dec 19, 2013
Up24 is the newer version with bluetooth installed, while this one is the older one that uses the 3. Up24 is the newer version with bluetooth installed, while this one is the older one that uses the 3.5mm audio jack to sync …
- Answered by Isaac P from Washington Dc
- Dec 29, 2013
Can I buy a replacement cap for jawbone up?
- Asked by Peter G from New York
- Nov 3, 2013
If you visit their website you can request one free replacement
- Answered by Simon E
- Nov 11, 2013
How snugly does it fit around the wrist given that there are only 3 sizes? Is the size adjustable?
- Asked by Krithika N from Saint Augustine
- Jun 11, 2013
fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts to your wrists but that's not the same as 'adjustable'. you can't make it looser or tighter than it naturally does by itself.
i had a band bracelet on when i looked at the sizes. the band of the bracelet perfectly fit the band's apparent size in the box. however, on my wrist, it's a wee bit tight and i'm debating switching it out. …
- Answered by Danielle S from Cincinnati
- Aug 1, 2013
does this checks your cholesterol level
- Asked by Rohit R from Dubai
- Oct 19, 2013
- Answered by John T from Alpharetta
- Oct 23, 2013
Does it break easily?
- Asked by Karen H
- Oct 14, 2013
That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extreme That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extremely well. I've been wearing it 24/7, rain or shine, Awake or asleep. Still looks exactly the way I bought it.
Jawbone also will replace the cap once free of charge if you loose it.
So if that's your only worry, go and buy it!
Jawbone should really use me as a BETA tester! lol. …
- Answered by Eric B from Montreal
- Oct 15, 2013