UP by Jawbone combines a wristband and app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that together help you better understand how you sleep, move, and eat—so you can make more-informed lifestyle decisions and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/ 14.0 to 15.5 CM
MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/ 15.5 to 18.0 CM
LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/ 18.0 to 20.0 CM
Track your sleep
Small and comfortable to wear all day and night, UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep, and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery, or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber, and sodium.
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It also delivers personalized insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Track total hours of sleep, how long it took you to fall asleep, light versus deep sleep, and more
- Track steps, distance, intensity level, calories burned, and active versus idle time
- Log your workouts—from running to dancing to yoga—to accurately track calories burned
- Log what you eat and drink by taking a photo, scanning a barcode, or searching the UP database
- Helps you track detailed nutritional info such as calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein sugar, fiber, and sodium
- Personalized insights reveal knowledge about yourself and guide you to make informed choices
- Smart Alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family—add teammates, follow each other's progress, and have fun collaborating and competing
- Comfortable, durable, and stylish wristband you can wear all day and night
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
Did you notice?Your new smart alarm clock, UP helps you wake feeling refreshed. It silently vibrates on your wrist and wakes you at the optimal moment.
Apple Recommends ForUnderstanding your lifestyle with the help of an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and learning how to feel your best.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Height : 1.97 in./50 mm
- Width : 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight : 0.67 oz./19 g
- Mfr. Part Number : JBR03a-SM
- UPC or EAN No. : 847912008973
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Broke down after a month use
The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it does not work at all. Tried to reset the device without success. My (amateur) conclusion is a mechanical failure of the button. Today, I search the net and found others with the same problems. …
- Written by Håkan O from Sundsvall
Great Concept-Poor design
I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the others (the UP band is listed in several places on this site), I am now stuck with a band that will no long er charge. Apple does not stand behind their sales after 30 days so I am having to deal with the manufacturer. Too bad all around. …
- Written by Debra B from Durham
Really awesome app my wife so happy and it really works quickly than she expected. Highly recommended.
- Written by Peter P from SJETNEMARKA
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Zulkifli M
- May 8, 2013
No, the jawbone up doesn't have Bluetooth or WiFi built in. You sync all your data using the 3.5mm h eadphone jack under the cap on the Up. …
- Answered by Ryan B from Shafter
- May 9, 2013
It isn't totally waterproof but it is water resistant. You can shower, do the dishes, wear it in the rain, etc without worrying about it but I wouldn't swim with it.
This is what I have heard online. …
- Answered by Zachary F from Lubbock
- May 6, 2013
- Asked by Daveena J from Moose Creek
- May 7, 2013
The Up is always on unless it dies. But yes every night before you go to bed you have to make sure t o put it in sleep mode. You can do this using the silver square on one of the sides on the Up. …
- Answered by Ryan B from Shafter
- May 9, 2013
- Asked by Amy L from Fayetteville
- Mar 14, 2013
- Answered by Vadim P from Los Angeles
- Mar 22, 2013
- Asked by Jennifer M from Brampton
- Jan 3, 2013
Yes you can. You can press the button twice quickly to indicate it's recording a workout.
From J awbone's FAQ's:
Will it work if I cycle, do yoga, or other non-step-based workouts?
The UP app allows you to log the duration and effort level of a variety of different workout types, so you get credit and estimated caloric burn for non-step-based activities. Additionally, the UP band has a Stopwatch mode that lets you "tag" the start and end of your activity Once you've synced your band, you can enter the details of your workout. …
- Answered by Janelle G from Regina
- Jan 8, 2013
- Asked by Jiayun P from Perth
- Apr 16, 2013
I have the rich blue and my friend has the sky blue/mint green band. It can pick up some grime, but it doesn't stain. I always wipe it down with a baby wipe or something similar and it comes up like new :) …
- Answered by Stephanie B from Greater London
- May 3, 2013