UP by Jawbone combines a wristband and app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that together help you better understand how you sleep, move, and eat—so you can make more-informed lifestyle decisions and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/14.0 to 15.5 CM, MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/15.5 to 18.0 CM, LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/18.0 to 20.0 CM
Track your sleep
Small and comfortable to wear all day and night, UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep, and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery, or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber, and sodium.
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It also delivers personalized insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Track total hours of sleep, how long it took you to fall asleep, light versus deep sleep, and more
- Track steps, distance, intensity level, calories burned, and active versus idle time
- Log your workouts—from running to dancing to yoga—to accurately track calories burned
- Log what you eat and drink by taking a photo, scanning a barcode, or searching the UP database
- Helps you track detailed nutritional info such as calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein sugar, fiber, and sodium
- Personalized insights reveal knowledge about yourself and guide you to make informed choices
- Smart Alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family—add teammates, follow each other's progress, and have fun collaborating and competing
- Comfortable, durable, and stylish wristband you can wear all day and night
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
Did you notice?Your new smart alarm clock, UP helps you wake feeling refreshed. It silently vibrates on your wrist and wakes you at the optimal moment.
Apple Recommends ForUnderstanding your lifestyle with the help of an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and learning how to feel your best.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Battery life: Up to 10 days
- Charge Time: Up to 90 minutes
- Height: 1.97 in./50 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight: 0.67 oz./19 g
- Length: 2.6 in./66 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBR03a-SM
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912008973
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
UP - Band Required (UP/UP24)
[Requires UP/UP24 band. Connects with Apple Health (iOS 8.0.2+ only) to share steps and sleep information between UP and Apple Health*] UP® is a revolutionary system that guides you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, UP gets to know you—tracking your activity, diet and sleep. Next, it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, add up to a whole new you.
- Share data between UP and Apple Health app to provide richer activity tracking and personalized insights.
- Get personalized insights to help you set & achieve your goals
- Track your sleep & physical activity
- Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
- Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
- Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
- The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
- Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
- Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
- Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
- Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
- Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
- Activity alerts - Receive move notifications when you want them. Available to UP24 users only.
- Share your insights via email, message, Facebook or Twitter
*Historical data will not be posted into Apple Health from UP. UP Step and Sleep data will be shared into Apple Health starting when you connect UP and Apple Health.
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP's Insight Engine will deliver personalized, actionable insights that guide you towards healthier choices as UP learns about you over time.
Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight. And whether you want to shed a few pounds or just eat healthier, tracking food is now even easier. New features include frequent meals, an enhanced calorie counter, and an expanded library of restaurant menus. There’s even a Food Score, so you can quickly see how healthy your food is.
More than any other fitness tracker, UP gives you an in-depth picture of your sleep. Sleep graphs let you see the good, the bad and the rapidly improving. Use bedtime reminders, Power Naps* and Smart Alarms* to get to sleep and wake up at optimal times. UP intelligently analyzes your sleep, diet and exercise, then suggests simple adjustments that lead to more rest and happier days.
UP is like a coach that gets to know you, then guides you to make simple decisions that lead to a more active life. With precise step tracking, workout logging and Insight Reports, UP is way more than a pedometer. Use Idle Alerts* to remind you to move throughout the day and add friends to your team to cheer and be cheered.
CONNECT TO YOUR FAVORITE DEVICES AND APPS
UP works with over 100 apps and devices, and counting. Whether you’re adjusting your NEST thermostat, biking with Strava, working out with Wello or jogging with RunKeeper, track it all with UP for the most complete picture of your day and night.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
- Can be used with the UP App to enable sleep tracking and wrist based notifications.
- Designed to be worn 24/7
- Features advanced motion sensor technology
- Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
- Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L)
* Some features require UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Apple Health features are not available on the iPad …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Loving My Jawbone Up
I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demogr I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demographic. However, this product has worked perfectly since I put it on about 10 days ago. It syncs immediately unlike a rival product that I tried earlier. I love seeing how active I've been and I'm beginning to see a pattern to my inactive times. I also am fascinated with the graph of my sleep patterns. In addition, the Up actually holds its charge as long as it says. Mine went the full 10 days.
Here are a few suggestions for making a super product even better:
1. I would love being able to see the time, then I could do away with my watch.
2. I realize it would be difficult, but it would be great if we could buy extra colored bands and change them to match our clothes.
3. In the future, I hope we will be able to sync without taking off the band, and plugging it in to our mobile devices. How about just touching it to the screen?
A Happy User …
- Written by Cathy D from Martin
106 of 113 people found this useful
Broke down after a month use
The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it does not work at all. Tried to reset the device without success. My (amateur) conclusion is a mechanical failure of the button. Today, I search the net and found others with the same problems. …
- Written by Håkan O from Sundsvall
98 of 106 people found this useful
Great Concept-Poor design
I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the others (the UP band is listed in several places on this site), I am now stuck with a band that will no long er charge. Apple does not stand behind their sales after 30 days so I am having to deal with the manufacturer. Too bad all around. …
- Written by Debra B from Durham
89 of 92 people found this useful
I work in healthcare and take great pains to make sure I do not wet my Jawbone every day. It still has broken down on me 4 times. I work in healthcare and take great pains to make sure I do not wet my Jawbone every day. It still has broken down on me 4 times. I refuse to get another; it's very disappointing to deal with the same problem over and over. …
- Written by Jennifer B from Harlingen
Complete waste of money.
It's the cutest fit band out there in my opinion. But the product doesn't last, I went through 2 of these in less than 4 months. It's the cutest fit band out there in my opinion. But the product doesn't last, I went through 2 of these in less than 4 months. Then it died any way in the end. And it seems like few people I know had the same issue. The concept is great, and the applications is very cool. But c'mon, it has to last a little longer. …
- Written by Paweena C from Catonsville
don't do it - no matter the price
15 months -- my 4th up band just died. If you want to deal with customer service (and it's pretty good I'll admit - as long as yo 15 months -- my 4th up band just died. If you want to deal with customer service (and it's pretty good I'll admit - as long as you call and don't just rely on email) every 3-4 months for a replacement, then this band is for you. Is the up24 better? I hope, but I hoped that each generation of my disappointing UP band would be better. They weren't. Spend your money elsewhere. …
- Written by Andy B from Saint Paul
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use two jawbones at same time from one device?
- Asked by Gayle L from Marietta
- Jul 28, 2014
Can I use more than one jawbone up band (different colors) at a time and still record my data? OR, two different sized bands, based upon activities?
- Asked by Kenneth H from Dansville
- Jun 28, 2014
If you try to add a band in the app, it asks if you would like to unlink the old band. So, no, you c If you try to add a band in the app, it asks if you would like to unlink the old band. So, no, you cannot add multiple bands to the app at this point. …
- Answered by Karyn S from Marlboro
- Jul 4, 2014
can it check heart rate?
- Asked by Stella L
- May 24, 2013
no. it only tracks movement.
- Answered by Wassida W from New York
- Jun 4, 2013
can i wear it on my ankle?
- Asked by John G from Flower Mound
- Jul 17, 2013
Well, unless you have very skinny ankles, then the answer is a disappointing no. They range from 14- Well, unless you have very skinny ankles, then the answer is a disappointing no. They range from 14-20 cm, and are meant to be worn on the wrist. (Meaning that they are shaped "generally" like the wrist.) i guess theoretically like it could work, but i feel like it would mess around with the sleep tracking feature, and it would be a pain in the behind to take on and off to sync. So theoretically, possible. would i recommend it? no, i would look for something that is meant to be worn around the ankle, and save yourself the trouble. …
- Answered by Cole P from Discovery Bay
- Jul 18, 2013
How snugly does it fit around the wrist given that there are only 3 sizes? Is the size adjustable?
- Asked by Krithika N from Saint Augustine
- Jun 11, 2013
fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts to your wrists but that's not the same as 'adjustable'. you can't make it looser or tighter than it naturally does by itself.
i had a band bracelet on when i looked at the sizes. the band of the bracelet perfectly fit the band's apparent size in the box. however, on my wrist, it's a wee bit tight and i'm debating switching it out. …
- Answered by Danielle S from Cincinnati
- Aug 1, 2013
Can I buy a replacement cap for jawbone up?
- Asked by Peter G from New York
- Nov 3, 2013
If you visit their website you can request one free replacement
- Answered by Simon E
- Nov 11, 2013