Built with two 10,000 RPM WD VelociRaptor drives inside, the WD My Book VelociRaptor Duo dual-drive storage system delivers extreme speed for high-end video and photo editing, 3D rendering, graphic-intensive design, and more.
Move data at unprecedented speeds
The bi-directional Thunderbolt cable provides two channels of up to 10 Gbit/s transfer rate in both directions. This allows data to travel both ways without compromising bandwidth, so you can do more work in less time. Finally, a drive that can keep up with your creativity.
Dual drive RAID storage system
User selectable RAID or JBOD modes. Set to RAID 0 (striping) for even more performance. When set to RAID 1 (mirroring), this drive provides double safe data protection by automatically generating a duplicate copy of your data. Set to JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) to use as two individual drives and select between HFS+J or exFAT per disk. Ideal for running Windows OS on a Mac.
Daisy-chain more drives for more speed
The dual Thunderbolt ports allow you to daisy-chain more drives for more speed and higher capacity. Connect a Thunderbolt display and other Thunderbolt-enabled peripherals to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity.
The revolutionary bi-directional Thunderbolt technology delivers unmatched speed for multi-tasking while video editing, 3D rendering, and completing other graphics-intensive projects.
To replace a drive simply open the case and exchange the existing drive. If you fill up a drive, you can easily remove it and replace it with a fresh drive and begin saving even more of your creative life.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, run diagnostics, manage RAID or JBOD modes, and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Extreme speeds with WD VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM drives and Thunderbolt technology
- Daisy-chain multiple storage devices or other peripherals like HD monitors, video and audio editors, and media players through the dual Thunderbolt ports for nearly unlimited workflow efficiency and productivity
- Multi-task while video editing, 3D rendering, and completing other graphics-intensive projects
- Enhance system performance by setting to RAID 0 to boost speed
- Protect your data with user-selectable RAID 1 that automatically generates a duplicate copy of your data
- Set to JBOD to use the system as two individual drives
- Select exFat to run Windows OS on a Mac
Did you notice?This is a bootable external device supported by Mac OS X.
Apple Recommends ForTake advantage of extreme speed and high capacity to power through high-end video and photo editing, 3D renderings, and more on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book VelociRaptor dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Connections : Thunderbolt
- Power : 100 - 240 VAC @ 47-63 Hz
- Height : 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width : 3.9 in./9.91 cm
- Weight : 4.18 lb./1.9 kg
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number : WDBUWZ0020JBK-NESN
- UPC or EAN No. : 718037801469
- Warranty : Three-year limited