Built with two 10,000 RPM WD VelociRaptor drives inside, the WD My Book VelociRaptor Duo dual-drive storage system delivers extreme speed for high-end video and photo editing, 3D rendering, graphic-intensive design, and more.
Move data at unprecedented speeds
The bi-directional Thunderbolt cable provides two channels of up to 10 Gbit/s transfer rate in both directions. This allows data to travel both ways without compromising bandwidth, so you can do more work in less time. Finally, a drive that can keep up with your creativity.
Dual drive RAID storage system
User selectable RAID or JBOD modes. Set to RAID 0 (striping) for even more performance. When set to RAID 1 (mirroring), this drive provides double safe data protection by automatically generating a duplicate copy of your data. Set to JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) to use as two individual drives and select between HFS+J or exFAT per disk. Ideal for running Windows OS on a Mac.
Daisy-chain more drives for more speed
The dual Thunderbolt ports allow you to daisy-chain more drives for more speed and higher capacity. Connect a Thunderbolt display and other Thunderbolt-enabled peripherals to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity.
The revolutionary bi-directional Thunderbolt technology delivers unmatched speed for multi-tasking while video editing, 3D rendering, and completing other graphics-intensive projects.
To replace a drive simply open the case and exchange the existing drive. If you fill up a drive, you can easily remove it and replace it with a fresh drive and begin saving even more of your creative life.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, run diagnostics, manage RAID or JBOD modes, and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Extreme speeds with WD VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM drives and Thunderbolt technology
- Daisy-chain multiple storage devices or other peripherals like HD monitors, video and audio editors, and media players through the dual Thunderbolt ports for nearly unlimited workflow efficiency and productivity
- Multi-task while video editing, 3D rendering, and completing other graphics-intensive projects
- Enhance system performance by setting to RAID 0 to boost speed
- Protect your data with user-selectable RAID 1 that automatically generates a duplicate copy of your data
- Set to JBOD to use the system as two individual drives
- Select exFat to run Windows OS on a Mac
Did you notice?This is a bootable external device supported by Mac OS X.
Apple Recommends ForTake advantage of extreme speed and high capacity to power through high-end video and photo editing, 3D renderings, and more on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book VelociRaptor dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Kensington Port, RAID Support, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power: 100 - 240 VAC @ 47-63 Hz
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.91 cm
- Weight: 4.18 lb./1.9 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.75 cm
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUWZ0020JBK-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037801469
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use a wd 2tb my book velociRaptor hard drive on my 1.5 year old Mac book pro 13" laptop?
- Asked by Donna F from Thornhill
- May 21, 2013