Dual microphones for outstanding audio
Two microphones work together to capture your voice and limit background noise for great audio quality, whether you're on a call or listening to music.
DeepSleep power-saving mode
Marque “hibernates” when it's away from your iPhone, extending battery readiness for up to five months. So it can be ready to answer the call when you need it.
Exclusive Apple charging kit
You'll never be powerless with the exclusive Apple 2-in-1 charging kit. The combo USB cable lets you charge your headset and iPhone together from either your computer or your car.
Just say “Answer”
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in you can just say “Answer” or “Ignore” to manage the call without pushing a button.
- Dual microphones capture your voice and limit background noise for clear, crisp conversations
- Listen to your favorite music and media from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Extend battery readiness up to six months with DeepSleep “hibernation” mode
- Just say “Answer” to take an incoming call or "Ignore" to reject it
- Exclusive 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status, and more
- Ultralight design is comfortable and convenient for quick conversations or longer listening
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, 11 days of standby time, and up to 180 days of DeepSleep
- Guided audio pairing quickly talks you through the setup with your iPhone
Did you notice?The 2-in-1 car + USB charging system is an Apple exclusive that helps you keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands and enhanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Marque A170 Bluetooth Headset
- Car + USB charging system
- Clip-on earloop
- Other Features: Mono Bluetooth, Multipoint Support
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- No. of Microphones: 2
- Power Source: USB
- Charge Time: 90 minutes
- Stand By Time: 11 days
- Height: 0.36 in./0.91 cm
- Width: Product (not box) Width 20mm
- Depth: 0.55 in./1.4 cm
- Weight: 026 oz./7.35 g
- Length: 1.94 in./4.93 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 88927-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 017229138766
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Truly outstanding product with minor issue you likely will never experience
Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full Most ear pieces are barely loud enough to hear others on a speaker phone on the conversation. This unit is painfully loud at full volume and plenty loud at lowest volume. Superior to all others tested in that regard (and I test many). 6 stars out of 5
Ear piece battery life is actually as stated and amazing. Lasts all day talking (not standby, actually on the phone) so now I don't need two units to carry me through the day. Superb, 6 stars out of 5
Siri integration, not a problem. Press the big button and hold, beeps and then Siri perks in and she calls people by name, finds locations on maps, launches apps, and even lets me send text messages or recite notes in Notes (or in Pages etc) all very nicely. By far the best Siri experience for bluetooth (and I compare my Infiniti in that mix). 5 stars out of 5
Bluetooth paring is a breeze and it pairs easily with multiple devices. Works with my Mac as well as with my iPhone and I use my Mac with Siri (voice recognition) for notes and similar. Only issue is that near by Bluetooth can disrupt the connection so at my desk with enough bluetooth to warm my coffee, it will sometimes burp and lose the connection to the phone. Others that I have provided same unit to in the office do not have the issue. I tested two separate ear pieces and they both do it. I do have 16 blue tooth devices connected to my iPhone so take this with that grain of salt. 4 out of 5.
Weighs nothing. 5 out of 5 stars
Comfort, never have had a 'burning ear" from having it in all day with silicon pressing on ear. 5 out of 5
Controls, much better than prior products and all other products tested to date. The on-off tactile switch is a welcome change, visual green indicator for on. Love the english accent on the woman's voice. 6 out of 5 stars.
My last favorite earpiece was the Plantronics Discovery 975 which was $129. This one scorches that product at every turn. Best $59 you can spend on a bluetooth earpiece. …
- Written by William C from Bristow
53 of 53 people found this useful
Excellent Design, Fair Sound Quality
I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the b I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the best of any I've bought: beautiful shape, compact, nice functioning buttons, nice status lights (packaging is beautiful too). And it's really easy to sync and charge. But the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Bang & Olufsen was clearly the best in sound. Bose was next. The A170 is OK for phone calls, but listening to music and podcasts with it is disappointing. I know it's not supposed to take the place of stereo ear sets, but when I walk my dogs I'd like to listen to music for a short time - and I could do that with the Bose. But other than that I'm really happy with the A170. I need to have my hands free when I'm on the phone with customers and this is perfect. I'll be buying the Parrot Zik for serious music listening. …
- Written by Robert S. K from MILWAUKEE
31 of 33 people found this useful
missed the mark
Half the point of having an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) is being able to use siri to assist. This headset did not communicate with siri at al Half the point of having an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) is being able to use siri to assist. This headset did not communicate with siri at all; It did activate siri, but siri couldn't hear commands. After a long convo with Plantronics technical support, who posit the fault is with siri, I am sending it back.
Otherwise, the headset seems sturdy and well made. I was sad it didn't work, its cute as these things go. …
- Written by Kimberly M from San Gabriel
25 of 40 people found this useful
Very satisfied with the A170
As airline pilot, I have used Plantronics headsets during my entire career. Having had a very good experience with them, I decided As airline pilot, I have used Plantronics headsets during my entire career. Having had a very good experience with them, I decided to buy the A170 for use with my iPhone and iPad. I am extremely satisfied with this headset because:
- Fits either ear very comfortably.
- It is very reliable (always connects).
- Has excellent volume to be heard in most noisy environments.
- Has very good noise canceling sound pick-up.
- Remains connected while the phone is in a central location and I move anywhere in a 4000 sqft house, or the backyard.
- Has 7-hour battery life in listening/talk operation. …
- Written by John B from New Albany
1 of 1 people found this useful
Did not perfrom as expected - returning
It's cute, and the price is good, but I will be returning this. The headset could not recognize when I was saying "Answer" so that It's cute, and the price is good, but I will be returning this. The headset could not recognize when I was saying "Answer" so that feature did not work for me. The call quality was awful, staticy and I could hear a disembodied self-echo which was very distracting. I tried to use it to listen to music while cleaning my house and I kept having to go get my iPhone and bring it into the room with me because the signal could not travel far enough. (note: small apartment.)
The earpiece was comfortable, which was nice. I liked having the selection of ear options. The multi-charge cord was a nice idea, but if it was designed specifically for Apple then why not design a white connector instead of a black one?
I used to have the Bose headset and I will be ordering it again. It's more expensive but it works way better. …
- Written by R. Gary L from Victoria
0 of 1 people found this useful
Very clear conversations
I have used other plantronic bluetooth headsets that were terrible for conversations: always distorted and hard to hear and be hea I have used other plantronic bluetooth headsets that were terrible for conversations: always distorted and hard to hear and be heard.
This A170 has fewer bells and whistles then the others, but the sound quality is as good as using the iphone microphone and the battery time is longer. …
- Written by David G from Sharon
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can this be used in the left ear or is it only available for the right ear?
- Asked by Jo A T from Maryland Heights
- Feb 7, 2014
Does this device support the iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Matt B from Millicent
- Dec 8, 2013
Yes it does.
- Answered by Alan E from Upper Arlington
- Jan 7, 2014
Does this control music to start and to stop?
- Asked by Paul H from Pleasant Hill
- Aug 23, 2013
Is this compatible with a Mac for Skype/Facetime?
- Asked by Susan O from Lafayette
- Feb 28, 2013
I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have ini I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have initiated a Skype call with it, which is great over and above a wired headset, and music from either source is picked up and over-ridden by incoming calls. During the day pairing with the Mac drops off now and then. Switching the head set off then on it re-pairs but if I were using it for a lot of Skype or Face Time it may be less than satisfactory. (In case it makes a difference I will admit I am working mainly from Windows on a Parallels Desk Top.) It is too new, and little used for me to come to a final conclusion with the Mac, but in general I am very pleased with the A170. Easy to use, comfortable fit (with three options), and the voice control "Answer or Ignore" is a great feature. BUT I had a really rough voice from a cough when I originally set it up and now that my voice is normal it seems a bit hiss and miss as to whether it responds. I'm going to post a new question on that matter. …
- Answered by Hilary A W
- Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone know the range on the Marque A170?
- Asked by Holly O from Marshall
- Dec 25, 2013