Dual microphones for outstanding audio
Two microphones work together to capture your voice and limit background noise for great audio quality, whether you're on a call or listening to music.
DeepSleep power-saving mode
Marque “hibernates” when it's away from your iPhone, extending battery readiness for up to five months. So it can be ready to answer the call when you need it.
Exclusive Apple charging kit
You'll never be powerless with the exclusive Apple 2-in-1 charging kit. The combo USB cable lets you charge your headset and iPhone together from either your computer or your car.
Just say “Answer”
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in you can just say “Answer” or “Ignore” to manage the call without pushing a button.
- Dual microphones capture your voice and limit background noise for clear, crisp conversations
- Listen to your favorite music and media from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Extend battery readiness up to six months with DeepSleep “hibernation” mode
- Just say “Answer” to take an incoming call or "Ignore" to reject it
- Exclusive 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status, and more
- Ultralight design is comfortable and convenient for quick conversations or longer listening
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, 11 days of standby time, and up to 180 days of DeepSleep
- Guided audio pairing quickly talks you through the setup with your iPhone
Did you notice?The 2-in-1 car + USB charging system is an Apple exclusive that helps you keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands and enhanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Marque A170 Bluetooth Headset
- Car + USB charging system
- Clip-on earloop
- Height : 0.36 in./0.91 cm
- Width : Product (not box) Width 20mm
- Depth : 0.55 in./1.4 cm
- Weight : 026 oz./7.35 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 88927-01
- UPC or EAN No. : 017229138766
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year
Ratings & Reviews
missed the mark
Half the point of having an iPhone 5 (6.1.4) is being able to use siri to assist. This headset did not communicate with siri at al l; It did activate siri, but siri couldn't hear commands. After a long convo with Plantronics technical support, who posit the fault is with siri, I am sending it back.
Otherwise, the headset seems sturdy and well made. I was sad it didn't work, its cute as these things go. …
- Written by Kimberly M from San Gabriel
1 of 1 people found this useful
Excellent Design, Fair Sound Quality
I've gone through almost all brands of in-ear Bluetooth ear sets. This one is firmly in the center. The design is the by far the b est of any I've bought: beautiful shape, compact, nice functioning buttons, nice status lights (packaging is beautiful too). And it's really easy to sync and charge. But the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Bang & Olufsen was clearly the best in sound. Bose was next. The A170 is OK for phone calls, but listening to music and podcasts with it is disappointing. I know it's not supposed to take the place of stereo ear sets, but when I walk my dogs I'd like to listen to music for a short time - and I could do that with the Bose. But other than that I'm really happy with the A170. I need to have my hands free when I'm on the phone with customers and this is perfect. I'll be buying the Parrot Zik for serious music listening. …
- Written by Robert S. K from MILWAUKEE
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Susan O from Lafayette
- Feb 28, 2013
I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have ini tiated a Skype call with it, which is great over and above a wired headset, and music from either source is picked up and over-ridden by incoming calls. During the day pairing with the Mac drops off now and then. Switching the head set off then on it re-pairs but if I were using it for a lot of Skype or Face Time it may be less than satisfactory. (In case it makes a difference I will admit I am working mainly from Windows on a Parallels Desk Top.) It is too new, and little used for me to come to a final conclusion with the Mac, but in general I am very pleased with the A170. Easy to use, comfortable fit (with three options), and the voice control "Answer or Ignore" is a great feature. BUT I had a really rough voice from a cough when I originally set it up and now that my voice is normal it seems a bit hiss and miss as to whether it responds. I'm going to post a new question on that matter. …
- Answered by Hilary A W
- Mar 19, 2013