Dual microphones for outstanding audio
Two microphones work together to capture your voice and limit background noise for great audio quality, whether you're on a call or listening to music.
DeepSleep power-saving mode
Marque “hibernates” when it's away from your iPhone, extending battery readiness for up to five months. So it can be ready to answer the call when you need it.
Exclusive Apple charging kit
You'll never be powerless with the exclusive Apple 2-in-1 charging kit. The combo USB cable lets you charge your headset and iPhone together from either your computer or your car.
Just say “Answer”
Now you can be truly hands-free when you need to be. When a call comes in you can just say “Answer” or “Ignore” to manage the call without pushing a button.
- Dual microphones capture your voice and limit background noise for clear, crisp conversations
- Listen to your favorite music and media from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Extend battery readiness up to six months with DeepSleep “hibernation” mode
- Just say “Answer” to take an incoming call or "Ignore" to reject it
- Exclusive 2-in-1 charging kit lets you charge headset and iPhone from computer or car
- Voice alerts tell you talk time, connection status, and more
- Ultralight design is comfortable and convenient for quick conversations or longer listening
- Headset battery level displays on your iPhone screen
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, 11 days of standby time, and up to 180 days of DeepSleep
- Guided audio pairing quickly talks you through the setup with your iPhone
Did you notice?The 2-in-1 car + USB charging system is an Apple exclusive that helps you keep your headset charged on the go.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free conversations on your iPhone with voice-driven commands and enhanced sound.
What's in the Box?
- Plantronics Marque A170 Bluetooth Headset
- Car + USB charging system
- Clip-on earloop
- Other Features: Mono Bluetooth, Multipoint Support
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- No. of Microphones: 2
- Power Source: USB
- Charge Time: 90 minutes
- Stand By Time: 11 days
- Height: 0.36 in./0.91 cm
- Width: Product (not box) Width 20mm
- Depth: 0.55 in./1.4 cm
- Weight: 026 oz./7.35 g
- Length: 1.94 in./4.93 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 88928-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 017229138735
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
I just bought this product and so far it is awesome! It displays battery life on your Iphone and it tells you how many hours of ta I just bought this product and so far it is awesome! It displays battery life on your Iphone and it tells you how many hours of talk time you have left. You can also listen to music or Netflix through it. Its charger lets you charge both the device and your Iphone. I found it also has connectivity with Mac which is even better. Bluetooth devices usually feel uncomfortable for me but this one doesn't. I highly recommend this product, I haven't found anything wrong with it so far. …
- Written by Zuleika R from Syracuse
104 of 109 people found this useful
WORKS with Iphone5
IT WORKS WITH MY IPHONE5!!! Based on that alone iI give it 4 stars. I'll have to save the 5th star if it keeps working and once IT WORKS WITH MY IPHONE5!!! Based on that alone iI give it 4 stars. I'll have to save the 5th star if it keeps working and once I figure out other features. Right now I'm happy to be able to multitask and not be stuck holding my phone. …
- Written by Rosa E from Naperville
70 of 81 people found this useful
It is work of art
Almost 1 year of using it daily out of any technical problem, congratulations to the manufacturer,
droping his attention that a Almost 1 year of using it daily out of any technical problem, congratulations to the manufacturer,
droping his attention that a wall charger 110 - 240 V 50-60 Hz is needed to reach the perfection
of that mono bluetooth headset, go ahead …
- Written by Gaby J
50 of 65 people found this useful
WORKED EXCELLENT WITH IPHONE 5S !!!!!
I loved my headset. You get different sizes to fit in your ear. A choice in or over your ear or both...it lets you know when your I loved my headset. You get different sizes to fit in your ear. A choice in or over your ear or both...it lets you know when your battery is running low. I think it is very good for the price .. I had mine for nearly 1 yr until I forgot it in my pocket and it was washed and I never bothered to use it again. :( I couldn't do without it ... :(. Overall, I would highly recommend it. Very reliable!!!!! GIVE IT A TRY FOR YOURSELF PEEPS!!!!!!!!! …
- Written by R S from Perry
3 of 4 people found this useful
Can connect 2 phones on it
A great accessory
- Written by Elias T from Beirut
2 of 3 people found this useful
Expected the sound to be crisp, and almost natural according to some of the reviews, but my brother indicated he could tell right Expected the sound to be crisp, and almost natural according to some of the reviews, but my brother indicated he could tell right off that I was on a bluetooth device. Though it was fairly good, the sound was a tad robotic.
The sound level button was also an issue. Leaving it around the middle level, it sounded OK, but once you cranked it up, the crackle in the ear piece was very noticeable and I immediately turned it down a bit.
It's very light, some what un-noticeable with it on. Did not hurt my ears on bit for the short time I talk (About 20/25 minutes or so). I would recommend this product, but will continue to look around for something more natural in sound quality for both ends. …
- Written by Stephen D from Dunedin
10 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can this device be paired to two iphones and be connected to them both at the same time ?
- Asked by Muzaakir G from San Juan
- Jun 9, 2014
What is the difference between the Plantronics A170 (exclusive at the Apple store) and the Plantronics Marque 2 M165?
- Asked by Lyna T from Lawrenceville
- Dec 18, 2012
The A170 and M165 headsets are completely identical inside and out. Same features, same performance, The A170 and M165 headsets are completely identical inside and out. Same features, same performance, same warranty. The differences are in what comes with the headset:
- The A170 includes the "exclusive Apple charging kit": a 2-in-1 charging cable, enabling simultaneous headset/iPhone charging via a single USB connection, plus a USB car charger. Together they are a $25 value. Whereas the M165 includes a standard micro USB AC adapter for connection to a wall outlet.
- The M165 includes a 1-year subscription to the online Vocalyst service, which Siri renders superfluous, so there's no point in including it with the A170.
- The A170 includes an iOS-specific manual.
For iPhone users who typically charge via USB, the A170 is a good deal. …
- Answered by Stanton S from Austin
- Jun 27, 2013
Can this be used in the left ear or is it only available for the right ear?
- Asked by Jo A T from Maryland Heights
- Feb 7, 2014
It can used in both ears. All you need to do is twist the earpiece (gel) to fit the other ear, and i It can used in both ears. All you need to do is twist the earpiece (gel) to fit the other ear, and if using the ear loop, also turn it around. …
- Answered by John B from New Albany
- Apr 1, 2014
how well does it fit in ear
- Asked by Penina M from Pittsburg
- Feb 24, 2014
I have been using mine for 4 months now & it does not stay in my ear unless I use the ear hook which I have been using mine for 4 months now & it does not stay in my ear unless I use the ear hook which is very uncomfortable & painful. …
- Answered by Philip H from Croydon South
- Apr 5, 2014
Does this device support the iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Matt B from Millicent
- Dec 8, 2013
Yes it does.
- Answered by Alan E from Upper Arlington
- Jan 7, 2014
Does this control music to start and to stop?
- Asked by Paul H from Pleasant Hill
- Aug 23, 2013