Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical Desktop Stand
Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical Desktop Stand
Twelve South's BookArc Pro is a simple, elegant stand that literally turns your MacBook Pro into a mini tower while creating a less cluttered workspace. Slide your MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina Display into BookArc Pro and park it at the back of your desk to free up space, or next to your external monitor and you’ll have a clean, modern Mac desktop.
Create a less-cluttered workspace
With a footprint of just 10 by 4 inches, BookArc Pro takes up a fraction of the space your MacBook Pro uses laying flat. Soft, silicone footpads keep it stable and your desk free of surface marks or scratches.
Fits your Mac like a glove
Two different-sized scratch-free, silicone cushions provide a perfect fit for your Mac while it's in BookArc Pro. They gently grip your MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina Display and are super easy to install and remove.
You can actually boost the performance of your MacBook or MacBook Pro by running it closed in the BookArc. How? When you close your MacBook, your system automatically dedicates 100% of its video memory to the external display rather than splitting it with the built-in display. Depending on your MacBook model, you can see snappier graphics and faster screen refreshes, especially when working in graphic-intensive applications like Aperture and Photoshop. BookArc didn't create the feature, but it can teach your MacBook the trick.
- Free up valuable desk space by elevating MacBook off the desk
- Includes two silicone inserts with built-in cable management
- Compatible with MacBook Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Did you notice?You can use your MacBook Pro closed when it's connected to an external display; just add a mouse and keyboard.
Apple Recommends ForReclaim valuable desk space while using your MacBook Pro at the office and at home.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookArc Pro desktop stand
- Silicone insert for MacBook Pro (unibody)
- Silicone insert for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Height: 10.1 in./25.65 cm
- Width: 4.5 in./11.43 cm
- Weight: 1.2 lb./0.54 kg
- Length: 3.0 in./7.62 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1224
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002597
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.twelvesouth.com/warranty/)
Ratings & Reviews
Useful and sexy!
I've recently bought one of these for my Retina MacBook Pro 15". I've read many places online that it mostly just saves space and I've recently bought one of these for my Retina MacBook Pro 15". I've read many places online that it mostly just saves space and looks cool, but many people have also mentioned that it doesn't really keep your MacBook much cooler. However I've noticed that my MacBook runs considerably cooler in this stand as well!. I often had the lid closed lying flat on my desk connected to a Thunderbolt Display and according to iStat my SSD and CPU would fluctuate between 50-60C and GPU would be around 60 C when I'm just using it for light work and browsing the net, etc. and even sometimes my fan would speed up to 2500 RPM on hot days. However since I got the BookArc my SSD has been hovering around 35 C, CPU around 40 and GPU between 45-50 C and my fans no longer speed up when just using my mac lightly! I'm more than impressed!!
- Stylish minimalistic design.
- Has a bit of weight to it; keeps MacBook sturdy on the desk.
- Saves a lot of space (duh!)
- Has cable management under the stand.
- Silicone inserts can be replaced and bought from Twelve South.
- Keeps MacBook MUCH cooler than lying flat on table.
- You won't find any other MacBook stand that looks quite as good as this.
- A little bit pricey for just a piece of aluminium; although the other alternatives and similar products cost about the same.
- Stand is a little bit long and wide (has a large footprint than I expected), It would probably be about the length of a MacBook Air 11" …
- Written by Yosphol S from Leichhardt
84 of 106 people found this useful
Causes Wi-Fi problems for certain macbook models
This is a nice looking product, and I have set the bookarc for macbook air up with no problems. The macbooks fit snugly in the arc This is a nice looking product, and I have set the bookarc for macbook air up with no problems. The macbooks fit snugly in the arc (I have an early 2011 15" macbook pro) and the build quality is nice, as is the weight and feel of the product.
However, one thing that is not addressed is the wi-fi problems caused by operating in 'clamshell' mode, i.e. with the lid closed and an external display connected.
My wi-fi quality decreases significantly when nested in the bookarc, sometimes to the point of being unable to connect. When I remove the macbook from the bookarc and open the lid, I am able to connect flawlessly.
I urge you to check your return policy before buying, as this has turned an otherwise spectacular product into a completely unusable piece of junk. …
- Written by Wesley P from Perth
56 of 79 people found this useful
Doesn't function entirely as advertised
I received two inserts - one for Unibody MacBook Pro and one for 13" white MacBook Pro. Nothing for MacBook Pro with Retina displa I received two inserts - one for Unibody MacBook Pro and one for 13" white MacBook Pro. Nothing for MacBook Pro with Retina display, but no loss as I don't have one.
The unibody insert does not "fit like glove" and in fact, sitting horizontally, my unibody Pro leans sideways a bit. Further, cable management with my 15" Pro is worthless. It is not possible to place the MacBook Pro into the stand vertically as the arc blocks both the power connector and the Ethernet port. Plus, given the fit, this seems a bit high risk anyway. Horizontally, it works and does free desk space, but no cable management.
Overall, a very average product. …
- Written by STAN W from San Jose
70 of 111 people found this useful
Great Design, but Flawed for New Retina MacBook Pros
A great design for the the earlier unibody MacBook Pro, but the retrofit approach using a different rubberized gasket to hold a MB A great design for the the earlier unibody MacBook Pro, but the retrofit approach using a different rubberized gasket to hold a MBPr misses the mark. My MBPr fits in the BookArc Pro sloppily and tilts to one side.
Twelve South needs to retool the design exclusively for the MBPr or successfully redesign the gasket. When this correction is successfully made it will be worthy of 5 stars, but not now. …
- Written by Richard N from Ottawa
1 of 1 people found this useful
Excellent, Works Incredibly Well.
This is a perfect companion to my new Retina MacBook Pro with my 27" LG monitor. I can run graphic intensive games on Boot Camp wi This is a perfect companion to my new Retina MacBook Pro with my 27" LG monitor. I can run graphic intensive games on Boot Camp with full GPU dedication to my monitor.
This stand fits perfectly and no WiFi problems as a fellow beforehand has mentioned. It saves a lot of room on my table, having this item stand up.
The cable management slots are perfect! I have my HDMI cable, keyboard USB, power and audio cable run through them. It helps me organize the cables and avoids tangling them up.
An excellent product and an excellent purchase if you are playing to run an external display. …
- Written by Kevin L from ROWLAND HEIGHTS
6 of 7 people found this useful
Excellent stand for MacBook
This simple, metal stand does an excellent job at holding my MacBook securely in place when I have it connected to a separate moni This simple, metal stand does an excellent job at holding my MacBook securely in place when I have it connected to a separate monitor and keyboard/mouse. When I bought it, I thought is was a bit pricey, but don't anymore. It is very stable and doesn't slip on my desk. It makes it very easy to connect my laptop when I get to work and disconnect at day's end. Well-designed product, well worth the money. …
- Written by Randy D from Plantation
11 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have BookArc from 2011 and have been using insert #4 for 2011 Unibody - however, just bought the 15.4 MBP Retina - can I purchase just new insert?
- Asked by Craig H from Las Vegas
- Jan 11, 2014
Speck case on 13" macbook pro retina..
- Asked by Graeme W from London
- Dec 26, 2013
No answers yet
Is this compatible with the MacBook Aluminium 13 inch 2009?
- Asked by Melissa C from Camp Hill
- Dec 21, 2013
Can you use this with MacBook Air 13 inch?
- Asked by Robert G from Tenafly
- Apr 8, 2013
No you can't. You need a book arc for Macbook Air.
- Answered by Jinho B from Cambridge
- Sep 15, 2013
how do you turn the power on if the lid is closed
- Asked by Kevin D from New York
- Jun 6, 2013
we it fit snugly with the 15" macbook retina?
- Asked by Yew Hung T
- Dec 4, 2012
It fits pretty snugly but it does move a little so it is not perfect
- Answered by Elon M from Dallas
- Jan 24, 2013