A minimalist design and flexible placement options means you’ll easily find a spot for the BeoPlay A9 Sound System next to the rest of your high-end furniture. Just plug it in, connect it wirelessly to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch via AirPlay and BeoPlay A9 starts streaming. The sound is big enough to fill a spacious loft or room and three pre-set sound modes—for wall, corner, or freestanding positions—optimize acoustic performance depending on how you choose to fit the BeoPlay A9 into your home.
The tactile controls are simple—swipe a hand across the touch sensor to control volume or mute the system by resting a hand on top of it. You can also select tracks and adjust volume with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
With two 3/4-inch tweeters and two 3-inch midrange units you’ll get sparkling highs and spaciously defined middle tones. An 8-inch bass unit, powered by 160 watts from its own class D amplifier, adds to the sound with powerful yet tightly controlled bass performance.
- Minimalist circle design
- Bass reflex port with handle for easy carrying and wall mounting
- Front sound grille hidden behind the fabric cover
- Three pre-set options to optimize sound according to speaker location
- Wireless streaming with Apple AirPlay
- Audio playback via mini jack and phono connector
- USB connector to charge your iPad, iPod, or iPhone while you listen
- Integrated touch-sensitive volume and muting controls
Did you notice?With three pre-set sound modes for wall, corner, or freestanding positions, the BeoPlay A9 will sound great wherever you decide to place it.
Apple Recommends ForRediscovering all your favorite tracks—they’ll never have sounded so good.
What's in the Box?
- Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A9 AirPlay Sound System
- Main cable
- 3 x legs
- Frequency Response: 33.1 Hz - 25,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay, USB
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 1 x 8-inch woofer, 2 x 3-inch midrange, 2 x 3/4-inch tweeters
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 27.6 in./70.1 cm (35.75 in./908 mm with legs)
- Width: 8.4 in./21.3 cm
- Weight: 30.86 lb./14 kg (32.41 lb./14.7 kg with legs)
- Length: 27.6 in./70.1 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1200099
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260041118
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years (When you register your BeoPlay product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic sound, fantastic look
I recently purchased this stereo from the B&O store near my apartment in New York City and have loved it. I decided to place it on I recently purchased this stereo from the B&O store near my apartment in New York City and have loved it. I decided to place it on the floor of my living room, but I was told it works great mounted on your wall as well. You can't beat the gorgeous audio, and I control it all from my couch on my iPhone. …
- Written by Brian N from New York
134 of 179 people found this useful
Great design and impressive sound
We recently bought this airplay system and after having listened to it for a couple of weeks we've decided to discard our existing We recently bought this airplay system and after having listened to it for a couple of weeks we've decided to discard our existing stereo system (Denon receiver, cd player and iPod dock together with two bulky Bowers & Wilkins loud speakers). It is not just so much more beautiful to look at, the quality of the sound is also much better. It is very easy to set up and it works perfectly with our different Apple gadgets (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). Another advantage is that you can place it almost anywhere in the room without compromising the quality of the sound (when setting up the system, the output can be adjusted to different positions – corner, wall, free-standing). We've placed it on the floor in our living room, but you could also hang it on the wall. …
- Written by Jørgen Peter B from Copenhagen
106 of 145 people found this useful
Good but not great
For an Airplay speaker it is a great system with a decent sound, but not as good as a normal stereo setup, like Peter from Denmark For an Airplay speaker it is a great system with a decent sound, but not as good as a normal stereo setup, like Peter from Denmark said in his review.
Maybe he works for B&O... maybe this is why he mentioned that the A9 replaced Bowers & Wilkins and Denon equipment...
But back to the system.
Setup is easy, design and build quality is good but the sound is not worth the nearly 3k. I listened to the system at a B&O store in Hamburg.
It can fill a large room with sound but mono sound. It even become a little unaccurate at higher volumes like the Beoplay A8.
To say it clear 2 middle priced bookshelf speaker around 1k and e.g. a Marantz Melodie Media which is also Airplay capable performs better in clarity, volume and Stereo separation for less than 2k.
If you need the all in one design, go for an Zeppelin Air or the Marantz Consolette and still saving 2k without loosing sound and power qualities.
If you're a B&O lover go for it instead of the Beoplay A8. …
- Written by Sascha H from Wedel
124 of 183 people found this useful
great sound - airplay dropout......
The sound is great. Some reviews express the opinion that the sound would be better from two smaller speakers - this is not my op The sound is great. Some reviews express the opinion that the sound would be better from two smaller speakers - this is not my opinion. The sound is stereo although the speakers are of course near each other. It can be VERY loud, room filling and still very clear.
Ours in on the wall and so far - about a year - its great.
HOWEVER- like others - airplay drops out annoyingly?! Seems to relate a bit to the position of the wireless router??
Can plug in your apple device of course. …
- Written by Robert J from SPRING HILL
4 of 5 people found this useful
Sound top, design top - airplay flop
Sound as well as the design is really good! there is a issue with airplay connection. after couple of minutes the connection stops Sound as well as the design is really good! there is a issue with airplay connection. after couple of minutes the connection stops - we cannot use it like this.. :-( …
- Written by simon B from Zürich
3 of 5 people found this useful
Sounds great, died 30 min in
Well the first 30 minutes were amazing... the sound quality was awesome. However, after that it simply broke. I can hear a faint f Well the first 30 minutes were amazing... the sound quality was awesome. However, after that it simply broke. I can hear a faint flicker on and then flicker off. No sound, whether it's airplay or even wired connection.Getting a replacement in 3 days... may change review after that, but I am seriously disappointed about the craftsmanship of this thing right now. …
- Written by Ting S from Vancouver
6 of 19 people found this useful