Easy to set up and carry anywhere, G-Tech's G-DRIVE mobile USB/FireWire hard drive is ideal for storing your most important documents, MP3s, digital video, and photo files. And it's bus powered, so when you're out and about you don’t need to add an external AC power supply to your MacBook case.
- Choice of USB 3.0 or FireWire for impressive performance
- Solid aluminum case and thin profile for easy portability
- Plenty of storage for documents, music, digital video, and photo files
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS
- Three-year factory warranty
Did you notice?The solid aluminum case delivers serious durability.
Apple Recommends ForA great looking and reliable hard drive that lets you back up your Mac wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- G-Tech G-DRIVE USB 3.0/FireWire mobile hard drive
- USB cable
- FireWire cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Firewire 400,Firewire 800,USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.75 in./1.9 cm
- Width: 2.3 in./5.84 cm
- Weight: 14.4 oz./408.23 g
- Length: 5.625 in./14.3 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02391
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487190687
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
Be wary of these Drives
Have about 6 of these in the 750 GB USB 2.0 / FW 800 variation. I have returned 2 under warranty with connection failures - drives Have about 6 of these in the 750 GB USB 2.0 / FW 800 variation. I have returned 2 under warranty with connection failures - drives will not boot on the FW800 port. One "repaired" drive was replaced and the replacement did not work. Two others, out of warranty, have also failed on FW800 booting but will boot on USB. All of the 6 drives have been bought within 2 years. G-Tech was a highly respected brand but I no longer trust their reliability. …
- Written by Dennis P from Palm Harbor
47 of 53 people found this useful
Amazing Hard Drive for Editing!
Outstanding speeds and the three year warranty is great!
- Written by Nick R from Tilbury
16 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I store my iTunes library, Photo's on this hard drive.
- Asked by Robert M
- Feb 22, 2013
Is the USB3.0 port backward compatible to a USB2.0 port on my 2011 mac air?
- Asked by Peter G from Surry Hills
- Nov 23, 2012
It should. USB3 is backward compatible with USB2, so it will drop down to USB2 speeds.
I used thi It should. USB3 is backward compatible with USB2, so it will drop down to USB2 speeds.
I used this method on an older Macbook Pro and it worked just fine. …
- Answered by Stephen T
- Feb 24, 2013
I have a MacBook Pro (late 2008 model) with usb 2.0 ports, will this definitely be compatible?
- Asked by Katja N from Melbourne
- Nov 20, 2012
yes not a problem and dont forget its firewire 800 too which is faster than USB2
- Answered by Ian M from Islington
- Nov 27, 2012
I have the Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 purchased late 2011 Will the
- Asked by William B
- Oct 22, 2012
Yep - no problems
- Answered by Dennis H from Bradford
- Nov 1, 2012