Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2402
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005304
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Not worth it.
I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 1 I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 15 inch with retina display. It's a good product, but the company recommends that you remove the case and any dust that has collected in between the case and your laptop. When I went to remove the case, I found that it was very difficult to do and there was an excellent chance that it was going to scratch my brand new laptop-that cost me a $3800! Also, the screen for retina display laptops are super thin and I felt that removing the shell could damage the screen because it so hard to take off. Needless to say, I bought an Incase sleeve instead. $50 gone to waste, but at least I know my laptop won't be damaged by the case that is supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Raj S from Brampton
112 of 139 people found this useful
SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE TOO AND FOR 10 DOLLARS MORE THINK IT FAR SUPERIOR IN FEEL, STYLE AND FITS THE MACBOOK FAR BETTER. …
- Written by Andreas R from New York
55 of 67 people found this useful
HANDS DOWN THE ABSOLUTE BEST CASE FOR YOUR MBP RETINA
From my experience the Speck SmartShell is the best overall case for your Macbook Pro. I originally purchased this case for my Mac From my experience the Speck SmartShell is the best overall case for your Macbook Pro. I originally purchased this case for my Macbook Pro 17" and again for my 15" Retina and thought it's a good case but it does show scratches since the plastic is glossy clear and the feet underneath the case will get slightly yellow with time (at least the one for my MBP 17" did after a few years). I looked at the reviews for the Moshi 15" iGlaze Shell case and thought I should give it a try instead since so many people highly recommend the iGlaze over the SmartShell. It turns out they're very wrong and here's why. Most people said the iGlaze does not show scratches. They're wrong, if you look closely, only a few times after handling the case you can see the hairline scratches... you just see them a bit less because the case is "glazed" but trust me they're there. The biggest problem with the iGlaze is the finish of the plastic. It's extremely slippery in your hand, compared to the Speck SmartShell which has the gloss finish and is extremely sticky to the touch. If you hold both of them in each hand you will see how the Speck SmartShell actually grips better. Even if you only close your MBP and insert it in a bag or like me carry your MBP up a flight of stairs you will take the Speck SmartShell any day over the Moshi iGlaze Shell because it has a better feel in the hand that's safer to carry in one hand. Simply put the Moshi 15" iGlaze Shell case is a straight up fail compared to the Speck SmartShell case. …
- Written by Joseph D from Ottawa
36 of 51 people found this useful
Case is broken in more places than it's not
This is an absolutely terrible case. I have had it for less than a year, and already all four of that tabs that are supposed to ke This is an absolutely terrible case. I have had it for less than a year, and already all four of that tabs that are supposed to keep it on have broken off, and I had to velcro the bottom on. There's a huge crack all the way down the middle, and this is all from day to day use, it get transported gently from my university to my desk, and thats all. 0/10, would not recommend to anyone. …
- Written by Kevin E from Edmonton
Do not buy
Do not recommend at all. Very fragile, it breaks easily and it come off.
- Written by Connie A from Santa Ana
Better than Moshi
IMO the Speck case is the better shell case for the MBP. I have three shell cases; Moshi, Speck, No name brand. The Moshi fits a l IMO the Speck case is the better shell case for the MBP. I have three shell cases; Moshi, Speck, No name brand. The Moshi fits a little too snug to the point that it may put stress points on your mac and in my case it ends up putting stress cracks on itself (the shell) and that was only in a month time of usage!!! The Speck fits perfectly for me its not too snug but not even close to being loose. It may scratch a little easier than the Moshi but thats the whole reason you get a shell and in 6 months of use I have no stress crack unlike my Moshi shell which happened in a months time. …
- Written by Sergio A from Fort myers
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 18, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013