Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2402
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005304
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Not worth it.
I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 1 I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 15 inch with retina display. It's a good product, but the company recommends that you remove the case and any dust that has collected in between the case and your laptop. When I went to remove the case, I found that it was very difficult to do and there was an excellent chance that it was going to scratch my brand new laptop-that cost me a $3800! Also, the screen for retina display laptops are super thin and I felt that removing the shell could damage the screen because it so hard to take off. Needless to say, I bought an Incase sleeve instead. $50 gone to waste, but at least I know my laptop won't be damaged by the case that is supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Raj S from Brampton
122 of 150 people found this useful
SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE TOO AND FOR 10 DOLLARS MORE THINK IT FAR SUPERIOR IN FEEL, STYLE AND FITS THE MACBOOK FAR BETTER. …
- Written by Andreas R from New York
59 of 75 people found this useful
HANDS DOWN THE ABSOLUTE BEST CASE FOR YOUR MBP RETINA
From my experience the Speck SmartShell is the best overall case for your Macbook Pro. I originally purchased this case for my Mac From my experience the Speck SmartShell is the best overall case for your Macbook Pro. I originally purchased this case for my Macbook Pro 17" and again for my 15" Retina and thought it's a good case but it does show scratches since the plastic is glossy clear and the feet underneath the case will get slightly yellow with time (at least the one for my MBP 17" did after a few years). I looked at the reviews for the Moshi 15" iGlaze Shell case and thought I should give it a try instead since so many people highly recommend the iGlaze over the SmartShell. It turns out they're very wrong and here's why. Most people said the iGlaze does not show scratches. They're wrong, if you look closely, only a few times after handling the case you can see the hairline scratches... you just see them a bit less because the case is "glazed" but trust me they're there. The biggest problem with the iGlaze is the finish of the plastic. It's extremely slippery in your hand, compared to the Speck SmartShell which has the gloss finish and is extremely sticky to the touch. If you hold both of them in each hand you will see how the Speck SmartShell actually grips better. Even if you only close your MBP and insert it in a bag or like me carry your MBP up a flight of stairs you will take the Speck SmartShell any day over the Moshi iGlaze Shell because it has a better feel in the hand that's safer to carry in one hand. Simply put the Moshi 15" iGlaze Shell case is a straight up fail compared to the Speck SmartShell case. …
- Written by Joseph D from Ottawa
42 of 61 people found this useful
Might be damaging my MACBOOK?
After i installed the case, i think that the upper half of my macbook pro is bending!! I'm just going to keep it on for a bit long After i installed the case, i think that the upper half of my macbook pro is bending!! I'm just going to keep it on for a bit longer and see if it does anything bad to my laptop, the bottom half doesn't fit properly too! …
- Written by Sherman L from Richmond
do not buy!!
This was the worst purchase that I have ever made. I do not travel with my MacBook Pro, it generally remains on my desk at home b This was the worst purchase that I have ever made. I do not travel with my MacBook Pro, it generally remains on my desk at home but I liked the color of the case and decided to purchase it. The shell case cracked within 2 weeks. Then the base constantly slide off the bottom. Finally, the top piece started coming apart bit by bit. I finally just threw it in the trash. …
- Written by Gayle D from North Potomac
Don't Waste Your Money
This is a terrible case. I had it for two weeks before I noticed chips. Within a few months I had a huge crack right down the midd This is a terrible case. I had it for two weeks before I noticed chips. Within a few months I had a huge crack right down the middle, I have never dropped it or misused it, I was shocked the quality was so poor. Save your money and buy a better case! …
- Written by Laura V from Richmond Hill
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I can't tell if this Speck 13" SmartShell case for MacBook Air is pink or orange. (I've seen a lot of pinks around, but never an orange.)
- Asked by Jodi J S from Minneapolis
- Jun 14, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 6, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 9, 2013
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015