Thule's Gauntlet is a slim-line envelope-style case that keeps your MacBook Air safe and sound without overwhelming its sleek design.
- Tapered shape provides a precise fit for MacBook Air
- Stitch-free, heat-welded seams
- Semi-rigid EVA foam construction creates a glove-like fit and the padded protection of a sleeve
- Nylex-lined interior lets MacBook easily slide in and out, preventing scratches
Did you notice?Semi-rigid EVA foam construction creates a glove-like fit and the padded protection of a sleeve.
Apple Recommends ForTapered to provide a perfect fit, this envelope safeguards your MacBook Air with style.
What's in the Box?
- Thule Gauntlet Envelope Case for MacBook Air
- Form Factor: Sleeve
- Material: Fabric
- Height: 8.7 in./22.1 cm
- Width: 0.7 in./1.78 cm
- Weight: 0.66 lb./0.3 kg
- Length: 13.2 in./33.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: TGAE-211
- UPC or EAN No.: 085854225830
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 25 years
Ratings & Reviews
Great if it didn't peal apart
So I've loved this sleeve for the three weeks I've had it, but today the bottom peeled apart. It's either glued or laminated and I So I've loved this sleeve for the three weeks I've had it, but today the bottom peeled apart. It's either glued or laminated and I couldn't believe it just peeled apart in my hand while I was carrying it. I'm not going to exchange it for another because if that happened again and I hadn't noticed so quickly it could just FALL OUT directly onto the ground.
I'll give it 2 stars for the sweet design, and hopefully mine was a fluke, but I seriously doubt that I'll be getting another Thule case for anything important. …
- Written by Andrew S from Rochester
31 of 35 people found this useful
Thule Gauntlet Envelope Case
After reading various reviews about the other Macbook Air cases, I decided to take a trip to the Apple store to do my own research After reading various reviews about the other Macbook Air cases, I decided to take a trip to the Apple store to do my own research. I spent about 30 minutes talking with an Apple store employee about all the cases, prices and protective qualities. The apple store employee allowed me to apply every case to my own 11" MB Air, and I chose to purchase the Thule Gauntlet... IMO, it provides the greatest amount of protection without adding too much bulk. I prefer not to use a "snap-on" case on my 11" Air, (due to overheating, UN-cleanliness and lack of impact protection) the Thule Gauntlet was the best option for me. Although the Thule Gauntlet doesn't provide any additional storage for cables, I have plenty of extra space in my messenger bag and briefcase for accessories, because the Gauntlet is form fitted and doesn't take up a lot of space. As far as the looks and function, the Thule Gauntlet has a sleek, minimalist appearance, provides the cosmetic protection of a "snap-on" case and provides the impact protection of neoprene cases, without all of the extra bulk. Not to mention, I get to enjoy the sleek and minimal design of my 11" Air every time I take it out of the case. The Velcro enclosure that secures my 11' Air inside the case is sturdy, unobtrusive, non magnetic and won't jeopardize my screen as the opening is in a downward orientation when stored. Overall, I'm very happy with the price, quality, appearance and functionality of the Thule Gauntlet and highly recommend it. …
- Written by DENTON R from Egg Harbor City
41 of 44 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this exclusive to the Apple Store (Guessing thats why it says Exclusive)?
- Asked by Tyler S from Clinton
- Jul 19, 2014
Can it fit a macbook air 13 with shell case on?
- Asked by Daphne L
- Feb 19, 2013
The 13" MBA will fit the 13" Gauntlet Envelope nicely with a thin shell case, as will an 11" MBA fit The 13" MBA will fit the 13" Gauntlet Envelope nicely with a thin shell case, as will an 11" MBA fit in the 11" Gauntlet Envelope. The tapered design of these cases allows for a hardshell case or a few papers to be added without any trouble. Don't try to shove a magazine in though - that will put undue stress on the seams. …
- Answered by Andrew B from Boulder
- Feb 28, 2013
Is the envelope case sealed? Does it protects from the device from rain?
- Asked by Gerardo L from London
- Mar 27, 2013
This case is heat sealed on 3 sides, but the top is open and only partially covered (about 1/3) by t This case is heat sealed on 3 sides, but the top is open and only partially covered (about 1/3) by the Velcro closure. …
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Apr 1, 2013
does it fit into the case with the wireless mouse still inserted in the USB port?
- Asked by James E from Melbourne
- Dec 25, 2013