Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac - Switch to Mac Edition
Seamlessly run Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting.
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Full support for Notification Center for Windows alerts
- Supports MacBookPro with Retina Display
- Use Launchpad and Mission Control with Windows apps
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, and more
- Parallels Mobile App** for on-the-go access
- Use iSight or FaceTime HD camera with Windows
- Experience 7.1 Surround Sound
- Parallels download for Macs without optical drive
- Switch to Mac Edition includes a USB transfer cable and video tutorials
- Business Edition includes five desktop software licenses
Apple Recommends For
For home users, business professionals, students, and passionate gamers who want the fastest, smartest, and most powerful way to run Windows on their Mac without rebooting.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is the fastest, most seamless, and most intuitive way to run Windows* and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Powerful performance lets you run Windows productivity applications—even graphics intensive ones—with ease. If you're new to Mac, keep the familiar Windows experience on your Mac. If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Either way, run Windows and Mac applications side by side with no compromises in performance.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion support
Run Windows applications like they were made for Mac. Experience Mountain Lion's intuitive features like Launchpad and Mission Control even while running Windows applications.
Versatile for home, work, and school
Let one Mac take care of all your computing needs. Run the Windows programs you need for work and play and the Mac applications you love side by side without rebooting.
A must-have in the Mac-based business
An office full of Macs can still run the business-critical Windows applications that you, your customers, and your partners need.
Perfect if you're new to Mac
Start with the familiar look of Windows. Then add more and more of the Mac look, feel, and experience to your Windows programs at your pace.
- Access your Mac and Windows applications from anywhere with the Parallels Mobile App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch**
- Select up to 1GB of video memory for your most graphics-intensive Windows programs
- Use a wide variety of design programs and games with DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support
- Take advantage of support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including running it as a guest OS
- Immerse yourself in your favorite games, music, and videos with 7.1 surround sound support
- Boot Windows even faster than in earlier versions of Parallels
- Full support for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, and more
- Easily copy and paste formatted text and images between Windows and Mac
- Multi-touch trackpad gestures for navigating through Windows applications like in Mac applications
- Organize multiple windows with Mission Control
- Choose from four view modes and have as much or as little Windows as you want
- Copy and paste and drag and drop between Mac and Windows applications
- New Presentation Wizard lets you easily and beautifully show presentations from your Mac on any external monitor or projector
- Switch from Safari to the same web page in Internet Explorer with a single click
- Easily use USB 3.0 devices
- Employ Mountain Lion's Dictation capabilities in Windows applications
Did You Notice?
Lets you use convenient Mac OS X features such as Mission Control and Launchpad while running Windows applications.
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link,DVD
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.3, v10.7, v10.8 or later
- 4 GB of RAM recommended to run Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of free hard-drive space for Parallels Desktop installation plus space to allocate to your virtual machine.
- Windows operating system (Sold separately)
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Product download for Macs without optical drive
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software trial subscriptions from Norton and Kaspersky and online back up and recover from Acronis
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 30 days
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829000810
- Mfr. Part Number: PDFM8L-STM-BX1-EN
- Note: *Windows and other operating systems sold separately. **Separate purchase from the App Store.
Most Useful Reviews
Provide great flexibility
- Written by Earleen H from Jacksonville
Was this useful?
Parallels 8 Move to Mac is an Excellent Product!
- Written by Robert C from Kitchener
Was this useful?
- Asked by Kenneth B
- Mar 28, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Paul M from East Greenwich
- Oct 19, 2012
I have the MacBook Pro 15” which has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. I am running Unreal Tournament 2004 in Windows 7 as a guest O/S using Parallels 8 running on OS X 10.8.2 and it works great. This is a first for any VM hosting software that I’ve used (PC or Mac) that allows use of the host GPU. Well done to the software engineers at Parallels. …More
- Answered by Anthony R from Coogee
- Oct 24, 2012
What else doI need to install. Do I need Win 07 and office 2010 for PC installed or do I just Office for Mac. Thanks
- Asked by Kenny A from Chester
- Oct 18, 2012
If it were parallels you are asking about, then you would just need a Windows XP, vista 7, or 8.
If you want Words, Power Point, excel etc. on it, then you would need Office on top of your parallel installed Windows. But Macs are also supported for Office; you can get Office pack for mac, without any help from OS Windows. You can also get iWorks, which is nearly the same as Office, just made by Apple.
If you were wondering about parallels just because of Office pack, then I highly prefer you, to not deal with it. It is better to run the system without it, depending upon, if Mac OSX fills your needs. …More
- Answered by Samad G
- Oct 21, 2012
- Asked by Miguel M from Bonita Springs
- Sep 23, 2012
I went to the Parallels web site and it looks like the Switch to Mac edition has some functionality for automatically transferring files, including web browser bookmarks, from your PC to your Mac. I guess the standard version doesn't do that for you automatically. …More
- Answered by Sam R from Tucson
- Oct 4, 2012
- Asked by Jorge G from San Francisco
- Mar 8, 2013