Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II—Leather Edition
Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II—Leather Edition
OverviewThe Bose SoundLink Mobile speaker works with your Bluetooth enabled iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, while its battery keeps going for hours. The SoundLink speaker looks as good as it sounds with a gray metal grille and black or chrome trim. When you're ready to go, the integrated bi-fold cover protects the speaker in your bag. Additional covers are also available in nylon or leather, in multiple colors, to match your style.
- Share music out loud—whenever and wherever you want
- Improved audio performance brings music to life with clarity and fullness
- Connects wirelessly to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or other Bluetooth device
- Small enough to go with you anywhere
- Enjoy hours of music with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Integrated bi-fold cover protects system and unfolds into stand
- Accessory covers also available in nylon and leather to match your style
Did you notice?Protect your system with the bi-fold cover, which also unfolds into a stand.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod everywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundLink Bluetooth mobile speaker II
- Cover (either nylon or leather depending on model ordered)
- Power supply
- Connections : Bluetooth
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Power : 110 – 220v AC adapter
- Height : 130 mm/5.12 in.
- Width : 48 mm/1.89 in.
- Weight : 1.3 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : 357551-1300
- UPC or EAN No. : 017817587747
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Bose Best Of Sound Enhancement
Quality sound with portability. Crisp clean music that you definitely hear the difference.
- Written by Christopher J from WINDCREST
134 of 144 people found this useful
Superior Sound Quality
Sound quality that can be expected from Bose. Clear, warm, and therefore pleasant.
I exchanged this for the Big Jambox, having tried it for several days but couldn't quite get over the how it sounded. I wrote a review of it here too, so that people who purchase it can maximize it's potential if they need the speakerphone functionality. But this review is not a thrashing of the Big Jambox. It's about Bose.
It's reassuring when you open the box and the first thing you see is a leaflet that says "Our Commitment to You" and they back that commitment with what you hear compared to others. Even a policy that supports this commitment should you not be happy with it. I work in a company (NOT Bose, not even in the same industry) that gives similar promise and can relate.
The finishing and detail is high quality, down to the power, aux, & service connectors, and power supply. It feels like something that will last. I also have the Bose In-Ear and On-Ear headphones for a couple of years and they are still as good as when I bought them. So with that baseline, I trust this will be the same.
In the box, you only have the unit and the power supply. Very simple. Wished there was a 3mm jack connector too. But was not a deal breaker for me. I wrote on my Big Jambox review that battery life was what kept me away initially from this product. But I found that sound quality is my prime objective and therefore can 'live with' some shortcomings.
Overall, great product and hope to enjoy it for years to come. …
- Written by Ian Roy B from Houston
45 of 51 people found this useful
Soundlink II Compared to soundlink
I owned the sound link 1 since it first came out and although it was not perfect I could appreciate it's quality build and great l ooks. Lets start with a sound comparison since it is what matters the most. I found that the 1 lacked the clean mids and highs at mid to high volume and sounds slightly muffled compared to the 2. Where the 1 really shined was nighttime listening because the sound is rich at low volumes. Now the soundlink 2. There has been ample improvement in clarity for the highs and mids specially at medium to high volume. It sounds really good until sounding slightly squeezed at full volume. At low volume the low mids seemed to have disappeared compared to the 1. Bass sounds to separated from mids and highs. This seems to have improved after break in period of about 50 hrs. Two changes that have been made that I did not care for are the green light stays on after full charge now and when the the Bluetooth connection is dropped the volume returns to minimum and has to be turned up again. I bought the leather version and love the look of it and the new cover design works great. …
- Written by Brian B from North Judson
27 of 29 people found this useful
Easy to set up and use both with Bluetooth and wired, but it sounds muddy and muffled. The highs lack brilliance and the lows sou nd overdriven. Not worth 350 IMHO. Returning today. …
- Written by John B from Meridian
No other portable speaker has the sound
I did a lot of research and I could have bought one of the Bose Portable or Bose speakers or even a Jambox but no other of those i s as portable as this unit. Someone who purchases this is looking for a compromise as the larger Bose units no doubt have better fuller sound but this unit puts out excellent sound for its size and weight. You can easily put this in your carry on bag and the lithioum recharchable battery is a big plus as you can set it anywhere without the power connected. The foldable stand and the way the magnets close it on the speaker face is cool and practical. I don't believe that you need to pay the extra $50 for the leather as the nylon will do just fine. Again, if compact sound is what you want, this is the unit for you. …
- Written by Gary S from Ephrata
9 of 10 people found this useful
Battery Power retention is cr4p
The sound is OK and it does pretty much what it says on the tin, but the battery on my 6 month old Soundlink is clearly not upto t he task. I charge the unit, use it for an hour and next week there's no power left in the cell at all and It has to be recharged; hardly an endorsement of a cable-free system! Bose Customer Services weren't interested, just saying that Li-Ion batteries do that....rubbish.
I wouldn't bother with this unit again...there are better units out there at the price....and with better customer support. …
- Written by roger A from warminster
12 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Zaldy O from Quezon City
- May 2, 2013
- Answered by Jay M from Point Cook
- May 6, 2013
- Asked by Cindy M from Wildomar
- May 22, 2013
No answers yet
Can I connect Bose SoundLink speaker to my MacBook Pro via Bluetooth or can I do it another way for listening to my iTunes library?
- Asked by Robert R from Jacksonville
- Apr 25, 2013
Another difference between the speakers is that the II (second edition) has a newly designed cover f or it that Apple didn't fully show in the pictures. I have the first edition and love it, but i hate the cover on it. the second one solved this problem by making it foldable, so it takes up less space while it is open. I personally think it is the coolest, most important difference! …
- Answered by Pattie N from Ambler
- Nov 12, 2012
- Asked by Barbara L. B from De Forest
- Mar 19, 2013
Yes, there is a compatible car charger. In fact, I bought it at Costco and the car charger was prov ided in the package. …
- Answered by Robert H from Dana Point
- Apr 4, 2013
do you have to sync it with your phone or ipad each time you use it? or can it be placed out of reach?
- Asked by Nicholas R from Elma
- Feb 5, 2013
The device doesn't do any sync. It is just a speaker. You still need to play the music on your iPhon e/iPad but instead of being played in the earphones, the sound is relayed to the Bose speaker. (You can also play on both devices simultaneously if you want). …
- Answered by Alexandre V
- Feb 28, 2013