OverviewExperience premium photo printing with the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer's 3.45-inch (8.7 cm) gesture-enabled touchscreen and automatic photo paper tray with peek window. Print from virtually anywhere with AirPrint or HP ePrint, share wirelessly, and scan and copy with ease.
- TouchSmart Display with 8.76 cm (3.45 in.) gesture enabled touch screen
- Photo editing and lab-quality printing
- Wireless connectivity and HP Wireless Direct
- Affordable individual inks
- HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint to wirelessly print from your iPhone or iPad
- Scan to email and Scan to features
- Separate automatic photo paper tray
- Automatic two-sided printing (duplex)
Did you notice?Tap and swipe the color touchscreen to easily print, copy, scan, and access web content.
Apple Recommends ForPrint wirelessly from nearly anywhere using AirPrint.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
- HP 564 Black Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Cyan Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Magenta Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Yellow Ink Cartridge
- Software CD; Reference Guide; power cord
- Color resolution : Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Connections : AirPrint ,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Height : 6.3 in./16 cm
- Width : 17.32 in./44
- Depth : 552 mm/21.73 in.
- Weight : 13.67 lb./6.2 kg
- Mac OS x v10.6, v10.7, v10.8
- Intel Core processor
- 1GB hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2)
- AMD or Intel
- 2GB hard-drive space
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number : CX017A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No. : 886112774059
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support
- *Web-based fax service requires an Internet connection to the printer and registration with third-party service. Up to 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages per month.
Ratings & Reviews
Good Quality Prints
I have now had the HP Photosmart 6520 for about a month and am very pleased with its performance. I have printed several 8x10 pho tos that I have framed and placed in various locations in my home. As a semi-professional photographer, photo quality is very high on my list of expectations.
I currently have my HP Photosmart 6520 connected to an iMac via wifi. Because it is an e-printer I am also able to print from my iPad and that has been a great capability when I want to print a hard copy of what I am reading.
As a word of advice - use the high capacity ink cartridges. Quick and easy to remove and replace cartridges. …
- Written by John E from SAINT JOSEPH
440 of 454 people found this useful
Best Printer Ever
I can print wirelessly from my iPad mini from any where in my house. Great price. Worth it. Buy this printer.
- Written by Justin P from Stoneham
277 of 294 people found this useful
Best home printer ever.
I've owned a lot of home printers. The HP Photosmart 6520e-All-in-One is hands down the best for our needs. From multiple devices, from multiple locations, it's never missed a beat...It should be in the 'Workforce" line of HP printers.
As far as ink usage? Much better than average, but I do recommend buying the XL. Then you don't need to worry about it for awhile.
If your in the market for a great home printer? Buy this one! …
- Written by Michael J from Atascadero
194 of 207 people found this useful
HP is great when running with PC's. The printer is great when you plug directly into it. The wireless is a constant fail. Everytim e I need to print it's a project to get the MacBookPro and the printer to talk without plugging in via usb. I have given up all hope after another evening of fighting and have bought an Epson which all my Mac/Apple peeps say works everytime. Sorry HP. …
- Written by Heather N from Derry
3 of 4 people found this useful
I looked at the reviews when I ordered this printer/scanner. One review said the scanner didn't work. I call Apple and asked if I should be concerned with this problem. They assured me it would not be a problem. I received the printer/scanner yesterday and set it up the wireless scanner from the computer to scanner worked great today it's getting hung up and freezes my computer and I have to reboot. The HP help tells you to run the HP utility to make sure the network is "good" and not coming back with an "unknown" status. I have a good status and it still gets hung up. I will call Apple to find out about the return policy. …
- Written by Amelia O from Berlin
5 of 6 people found this useful
As an IT Tech I was thrilled how quickly I was able to set up this printer. The installation went smoothly from tapping into my i nternet for wireless to testing all the functions. Works like a dream and can't beat the price. …
- Written by Geralyn G from EAST HAVEN
55 of 56 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have an IPAD 4 with wifi. I also have a Verizon wifi hot spot that I use as my I telnet. Will this printer work off the hot spot?
- Asked by Sue L from Saginaw
- May 14, 2013
No answers yet
- Asked by Marcus S from Jackson
- May 13, 2013
No answers yet
Can I print directly from ipad 4 to the printer without going through a router?? I don't have a router.
- Asked by Michael P from Plainwell
- Jan 3, 2013
The printer has to be connected to a wireless network and your iPad has to be connected to that same network. You can't have wireless internet without a wireless router...unless you're using some other hotspot feature that provides wireless internet via cellular technology or something like that in which case both devices would still need to be connected to that network. …
- Answered by John G from Arvada
- Jan 22, 2013
On several other printers, and on the one I have now (Canon Pixma) the scanner function simply does not work. Does anyone know if this one works?
- Asked by Madeleine M from Austin
- Feb 21, 2013
I had a similar problem with a HP Photosmart. I found that it was easier to open "Preview" in the co mputer and from the file menu select "Import from scanner" than to work from the printer. …
- Answered by Jorge G from San Diego
- Mar 9, 2013
Air printing is wifi printing. Apple calls it air print but it means the same just different words.
You send your printing over wifi via a router from your iPad iPhone computer or laptop. To your printer. No cables needed.
And yes you will need to have a wifi router of some sort. Weather your internet be wireless like verizon or cable Internet the routers still needs to be wifi.
Verizon wireless mifi jet pack will work as your router.
Hope this helps. …
- Answered by Nancy W from Starke
- Jan 31, 2013