Experience premium photo printing with the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer's 3.45-inch (8.7 cm) gesture-enabled touchscreen and automatic photo paper tray with peek window. Print from virtually anywhere with AirPrint or HP ePrint, share wirelessly, and scan and copy with ease
View and edit your photos on the gesture-enabled TouchSmart 8.7cm touch screen and make lab-quality reprints. Conserve resources with automatic two-sided printing and affordable individual inks.
- TouchSmart Display with 8.76 cm (3.45 in.) gesture enabled touch screen
- Photo editing and lab-quality printing
- Wireless connectivity and HP Wireless Direct
- Affordable individual inks
- HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint to wirelessly print from your iPhone or iPad
- Scan to email and Scan to features
- Separate automatic photo paper tray
- Automatic two-sided printing (duplex)
Did you notice?Tap and swipe the color touchscreen to easily print, copy, scan, and access web content.
Apple Recommends ForPrint wirelessly from nearly anywhere using AirPrint.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
- HP 564 Black Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Cyan Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Magenta Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Yellow Ink Cartridge
- Software CD; Reference Guide; power cord
- Display Size: 8.76 cm/3.45 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 6.3 in./16 cm
- Width: 17.32 in./44
- Depth: 552 mm/21.73 in.
- Weight: 13.67 lb./6.2 kg
- Length: 21.73 in./55.2 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 12 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Color print speed: Up to 8.5 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 20-sheet photo tray, 20-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 11 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS x v10.6, v10.7, v10.8
- Intel Core processor
- 1GB hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2)
- AMD or Intel
- 2GB hard-drive space
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX017A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112774059
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support
- *Web-based fax service requires an Internet connection to the printer and registration with third-party service. Up to 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages per month.
Ratings & Reviews
Good Quality Prints
I have now had the HP Photosmart 6520 for about a month and am very pleased with its performance. I have printed several 8x10 pho I have now had the HP Photosmart 6520 for about a month and am very pleased with its performance. I have printed several 8x10 photos that I have framed and placed in various locations in my home. As a semi-professional photographer, photo quality is very high on my list of expectations.
I currently have my HP Photosmart 6520 connected to an iMac via wifi. Because it is an e-printer I am also able to print from my iPad and that has been a great capability when I want to print a hard copy of what I am reading.
As a word of advice - use the high capacity ink cartridges. Quick and easy to remove and replace cartridges. …
- Written by John E from SAINT JOSEPH
773 of 803 people found this useful
Best Printer Ever
I can print wirelessly from my iPad mini from any where in my house. Great price. Worth it. Buy this printer.
- Written by Justin P from Stoneham
619 of 666 people found this useful
Best home printer ever.
I've owned a lot of home printers. The HP Photosmart 6520e-All-in-One is hands down the best for our needs. From multiple devices, I've owned a lot of home printers. The HP Photosmart 6520e-All-in-One is hands down the best for our needs. From multiple devices, from multiple locations, it's never missed a beat...It should be in the 'Workforce" line of HP printers.
As far as ink usage? Much better than average, but I do recommend buying the XL. Then you don't need to worry about it for awhile.
If your in the market for a great home printer? Buy this one! …
- Written by Michael J from Atascadero
515 of 544 people found this useful
HP 6520 all in one
Printer was easy to set up, the wireless interface lets me print from my computer or phone from anywhere in the house, touch scree Printer was easy to set up, the wireless interface lets me print from my computer or phone from anywhere in the house, touch screen display easy to navigate, printer has everything you need including scanner and photo paper tray as well as slots for other memory cards and devices! …
- Written by Lea F from Farmingdale
2 of 2 people found this useful
I have had this printer for about 2 years now. I bought it for school because I would be doing most of my homework on my iPad at t I have had this printer for about 2 years now. I bought it for school because I would be doing most of my homework on my iPad at the time. It works great when I'm printing from my iPhone - never has a problem. However, whenever I print from my iPad, my MacBook Air, or my iMac, I have to physically unplug and replug the printer! I'm loosing my mind! …
- Written by Rachel M from Midvale
8 of 10 people found this useful
Best Printer I have Ever Owned!
This printer is perfect for those who love wireless printing! You can print wirelessly from your laptops, desktops, iPhones, iPads This printer is perfect for those who love wireless printing! You can print wirelessly from your laptops, desktops, iPhones, iPads, and iPods. I think it is also compatible with other smart phone and tablets (non apple products). This printer even gives you the option to create an email that pretty much lets you print from anywhere! (Say you are at work or any other place--you can send whatever document/photo to the email you have created with HP and it will instantenously start printing from your printer at home! It prints fast! I highly recommend this printer to anyone who complains about having cables everywhere, having just one computer to print from b/c of their printer being connected to that one computer. Once you have tried wireless printing, you will never want to use a non-wireless printer. I have nothing bad to say about this HP Photosmart 6520 printer. GET IT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT! …
- Written by Karla D from Valley Stream
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will hp photosmart 6520 hook up to the macbook air
- Asked by Dawn F from Clayton
- Jan 13, 2014
yes you can use it via a usb or your wireless network
- Answered by David F
- Jan 15, 2014
does this printer support maverick operating system
- Asked by Shelly P from West Seneca
- Jan 20, 2014
Yes, I'm using it now with Mavericks. Also, HP recently released a new Maverick software download f Yes, I'm using it now with Mavericks. Also, HP recently released a new Maverick software download for this printer which I installed. …
- Answered by John K from West Bloomfield
- Jan 21, 2014
can it print on a CD or DvD?
- Asked by Jeffrey C from Arlington
- Dec 25, 2013
- Answered by John K from West Bloomfield
- Dec 27, 2013
can you replace only the color ink you need to use?
- Asked by Brenda H from Eureka
- Jun 20, 2013
Yes as the cartridges are all individual.
- Answered by Flynte V
- Sep 10, 2013
Does this printer allow printing in draft format or black only in a color document?
- Asked by Les P from Hanover
- Mar 27, 2013
i have the newest version of iMac. is this printer compatible
- Asked by Thomas R from Chickasha
- Jun 1, 2013
Yes, Just make sure you download the updated drivers. It took me awhile to get it set up to my Mac Yes, Just make sure you download the updated drivers. It took me awhile to get it set up to my Mac i just got. …
- Answered by Dianna K from Layton
- Feb 10, 2014