Experience premium photo printing with the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer's 3.45-inch (8.7 cm) gesture-enabled touchscreen and automatic photo paper tray with peek window. Print from virtually anywhere with AirPrint or HP ePrint, share wirelessly, and scan and copy with ease
View and edit your photos on the gesture-enabled TouchSmart 8.7cm touch screen and make lab-quality reprints. Conserve resources with automatic two-sided printing and affordable individual inks.
- TouchSmart Display with 8.76 cm (3.45 in.) gesture enabled touch screen
- Photo editing and lab-quality printing
- Wireless connectivity and HP Wireless Direct
- Affordable individual inks
- HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint to wirelessly print from your iPhone or iPad
- Scan to email and Scan to features
- Separate automatic photo paper tray
- Automatic two-sided printing (duplex)
Did you notice?Tap and swipe the color touchscreen to easily print, copy, scan, and access web content.
Apple Recommends ForPrint wirelessly from nearly anywhere using AirPrint.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
- HP 564 Black Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Cyan Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Magenta Ink Cartridge; HP 564 Yellow Ink Cartridge
- Software CD; Reference Guide; power cord
- Display Size: 8.76 cm/3.45 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 6.3 in./16 cm
- Width: 17.32 in./44
- Depth: 552 mm/21.73 in.
- Weight: 13.67 lb./6.2 kg
- Length: 21.73 in./55.2 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 12 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Color print speed: Up to 8.5 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 20-sheet photo tray, 20-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 11 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS x v10.6, v10.7, v10.8
- Intel Core processor
- 1GB hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2)
- AMD or Intel
- 2GB hard-drive space
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX017A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112774059
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support
- *Web-based fax service requires an Internet connection to the printer and registration with third-party service. Up to 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages per month.
Ratings & Reviews
Good Quality Prints
I have now had the HP Photosmart 6520 for about a month and am very pleased with its performance. I have printed several 8x10 pho I have now had the HP Photosmart 6520 for about a month and am very pleased with its performance. I have printed several 8x10 photos that I have framed and placed in various locations in my home. As a semi-professional photographer, photo quality is very high on my list of expectations.
I currently have my HP Photosmart 6520 connected to an iMac via wifi. Because it is an e-printer I am also able to print from my iPad and that has been a great capability when I want to print a hard copy of what I am reading.
As a word of advice - use the high capacity ink cartridges. Quick and easy to remove and replace cartridges. …
- Written by John E from SAINT JOSEPH
851 of 887 people found this useful
Best Printer Ever
I can print wirelessly from my iPad mini from any where in my house. Great price. Worth it. Buy this printer.
- Written by Justin P from Stoneham
690 of 744 people found this useful
Best home printer ever.
I've owned a lot of home printers. The HP Photosmart 6520e-All-in-One is hands down the best for our needs. From multiple devices, I've owned a lot of home printers. The HP Photosmart 6520e-All-in-One is hands down the best for our needs. From multiple devices, from multiple locations, it's never missed a beat...It should be in the 'Workforce" line of HP printers.
As far as ink usage? Much better than average, but I do recommend buying the XL. Then you don't need to worry about it for awhile.
If your in the market for a great home printer? Buy this one! …
- Written by Michael J from Atascadero
587 of 622 people found this useful
An HP customer no longer - after decades of HP printers
For a printer we purchased through the Apple store with our new Mac, this printer couldn't have been a bigger disappointment.
1. For a printer we purchased through the Apple store with our new Mac, this printer couldn't have been a bigger disappointment.
1. Impossible to keep a wireless connection - the thing disconnects constantly. If you want to print, you've got to physically go to the printer and play with it (turn it on and off, etc) so it reconnects to your wireless network.
2. HP no longer makes the correct ink cartridges. The company recommended "substitutes" don't seat correctly in the slot and give "ink low" error messages. This doesn't even address the fact that you get very few pages per cartridge and the cost is outrageous.
3. Support. Surely you jest.
We're now using a much older Cannon that puts this disaster to shame. I'd give the photosmart negative stars if I could. …
- Written by Karen S from Alpharetta
2 of 3 people found this useful
Didn't last long
I purchased this printer in January of 2013 and the ink head has already gone out on the black ink. I expected it to last longer I purchased this printer in January of 2013 and the ink head has already gone out on the black ink. I expected it to last longer than that! …
- Written by Kelly F from Maple Grove
2 of 5 people found this useful
I bought this printer because it says it has AirPrint (had a previous printer from HP that wasn't AirPrint compatible which also h I bought this printer because it says it has AirPrint (had a previous printer from HP that wasn't AirPrint compatible which also had issues). My first day setting it up, it worked fine and was able to print from all of my Apple devices. I'm pretty tech savvy but ever since day one, I can only print wirelessly from my computer - I constantly get the error message "No AirPrint printers found" when I try printing wirelessly from my iPhone and iPad. I will never buy an HP product again as I always end up having issues with their products. I've tried setting up wireless direct from the printer (as well as turning off wireless direct), going through the set up wizard, installing new drivers, powering off and unplugging/plugging back in and nothing seems to work. For a split second while going through the wireless setup wizard on the printer, my iPhone actually found the printer but than once the wizard completed and it showed connected to my wireless server, my iPhone lost the connection and couldn't find the printer again. It's the one time I actually threw away the box to something so I can't return it - only option remaining is to take it out to a field and re-enact the scene from Office Space then go buy a new printer from a different manufacturer. …
- Written by Erik M from Bountiful
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I print from my iPad Air? What printer do you recommend for the best quality for pictures?
- Asked by Annette L from Zolfo Springs
- Sep 13, 2014
Yes you can no problem, i use HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-one printer which is very good although th Yes you can no problem, i use HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-one printer which is very good although the ink's can be expensive. Hope this is helpfull. …
- Answered by Flynte V
- Sep 19, 2014
Is the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-one printer rated as highly energy efficient (Energy Star)?
- Asked by Eleanor A B from Crozet
- Jul 29, 2014
yes it is. It has several energy power features that can be on or off, your choice.
- Answered by John K from West Bloomfield
- Jul 30, 2014
does it work wireless with windows 8?
- Asked by Ronald W from Coxs Creek
- Jul 4, 2014
Can this printer be connected by cable if unable to do so wirelessly?
- Asked by Susan S
- Sep 28, 2013
Yes, you can use a USB Printer Cable.
- Answered by Robert B from Lancaster
- Oct 30, 2013
is this printer work with os x 10.9.3 ?
- Asked by Danv T from Philadelphia
- Jun 5, 2014
Yes, works great.
- Answered by John K from West Bloomfield
- Jun 6, 2014