With their unique secure-fit ear cushions and wireless convenience, the JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones are the ideal companions for any activity. Now you can listen to the music and calls on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad while keeping pace with your run or bike ride.
- Comfortable, secure fitting, and compact Bluetooth earbuds for active sports
- Sweat-resistant earbud design directs sound into the ear for extended frequency response and deep bass
- 8 mm drivers deliver premium audio performance with warm bass to eliminate fatigue
- Up to 250 hours of standby time and 4.5 hours of talk time
- Includes three sizes of ear tips and ear cushions
- Standard micro-USB charging
- Complete music and call controls including play/pause, next/back track, answer/reject call, redial, volume up/down
- Flat cord helps prevent tangling
- Magnet-sealed hard-shell carrying case for on-the-go protection
Did you notice?The on-ear controls avoid allow you to control your music without fumbling with cords and dislodging your earbuds, meaning you can work out with no distractions.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly listening to music and taking calls during your workout.
What's in the Box?
- JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones
- Three pair secure fit ear cushions and ear tips (S,M,L)
- Optional ear hooks
- Standard micro USB cable
- Premium protective carry case
- Other Features: Bluetooth, With Mic, Noise Isolation, Stereo Bluetooth, Sports & Fitness, Wireless
- Form Factor: Neckband, In Ear
- Connections: Wireless, Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours
- Stand By Time: Up to 250 hours
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 1.6 cm
- Depth: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Weight: 10 g
- Length: 0.87 in./2.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: JF4MBL
- UPC or EAN No.: 855366002263
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited; lifetime warranty against sweat
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Jaybird Freedom Sprint = Awesome!
I had not purchased bluetooth headphone prior to this pair and I was somewhat skeptical based on the firsthand experiences of frie I had not purchased bluetooth headphone prior to this pair and I was somewhat skeptical based on the firsthand experiences of friends in the past and reviews I had read. I decided to take a gamble knowing that I had an extremely lenient return policy at my disposal if they didn't work out. I have used them twice since picking them up, once for music while running outdoors and once for a baseball game while on a treadmill.
Some tidbits that ran contrary to some of the reviews and made me fall in love with these headphones:
-I was listening to the baseball game over WiFi and left the room for a moment forgetting that my phone wasn't in my pocket. I walked through a set of glass doors about 6 feet from my phone, then another set about 15-20 feet from there before I had the slightest audio hiccup to remind me that my headphones weren't physically connected to my phone (also a potential downfall).
-I listened to an entire baseball game (a little over 3 hours) without the battery dying.
-The treadmill that I was using had a ledge to my left, but within arms reach and I had no trouble with connectivity.
The general things that I liked that weren't specific to any reviews:
-The over-the-ear hooks. I really prefer the hooks.
-The inserts are soft enough that there was no "ear fatigue."
-When listening to rap, the bass sounded great!!
-The carrying case is very solid and a nice addition.
The only thing that I don't like:
-When hanging behind my head the rubber cable sticks to the back of my neck when I sweat a lot (around the second hour of my run). Easily solved by switching the cable to hang in front... …
- Written by Frederick T from Lake Oswego
187 of 197 people found this useful
Absolutely Awesome! If you are a runner and like to listen to music, this one is amazing. Its super comfortable, the earphones wil Absolutely Awesome! If you are a runner and like to listen to music, this one is amazing. Its super comfortable, the earphones will never come out of your ears, sweat proof, great sound, cable will not get stuck to your neck and pull on your earphones!!! Love it! …
- Written by Vladislav M from Mount Pleasant
151 of 161 people found this useful
Great for workouts, sweat proof
Been using Jaybird for almost a year for workouts. Totally sweat proof and no wires to get tangled with.
- Written by 翰韋 馬 from Taipei City
136 of 152 people found this useful
Low Volume and Poor Connectivity
While the headphones connect very easily to my iphone 5 upon powering them on, they often cut out while using them. The instructi While the headphones connect very easily to my iphone 5 upon powering them on, they often cut out while using them. The instruction manual clearly states that listening will be interrupted by placing your device in your pocket or anywhere but in front of your body. Then what is the point of using bluetooth headphones if you have to hold your phone or keep it directly in front of you to have your music play continuously?
Also I noticed the volume limit is too low and there is no way to increase it even while the volume on my phone is turned all the way up. I understand that keeping the volume low for running outside would be helpful in order to be mindful of your surroundings but while in the gym I can still hear the treadmills next to me and the music playing from the gym. Personally, while in the gym I like to tune out the rest of the gym (not at a volume where it bothers the people next to me just so I can't hear the noise of the other treadmills) but unfortunately the volume on these headphones does not allow me to do that.
As far as comfort, the JayBird Headphones offer a lot of options to fit your ears and they stay put without falling out. They are useful if you are working out on machines or doing weights and can put your phone within range (3-5ft from you) so they don't cut in and out and therefore don't have to carry your phone on your body. The sound quality is good it's just too quiet for me! …
- Written by Jacquelyn C from West Hollywood
Ehh - Doesn't stay put when running.
I can't go running or jogging with these because they keep falling out. Very annoying. Otherwise really good range from phone.
- Written by Michelle K from Evans
3 of 3 people found this useful
I bought these in December 2013 from Apple online and 8 1/2 months later they stopped working. I've tried using the USB slot on se I bought these in December 2013 from Apple online and 8 1/2 months later they stopped working. I've tried using the USB slot on several computers to charge them but no luck. For the price I would have expected them to last quite a lot longer. …
- Written by Sean D from Kensington
10 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the product come with over ear holder like shown in pictures as i didnt see that holder on other websites selling same product?
- Asked by Amit D from Baroda
- Dec 5, 2014
Are they compatible with iMac computer
- Asked by Sandra B from Fresno
- Aug 16, 2014
Yes they are. They've worked perfectly fine watching DVDs or iTunes music hooked up to them. Great q Yes they are. They've worked perfectly fine watching DVDs or iTunes music hooked up to them. Great quality sound too...Just make sure to sync it up properly. …
- Answered by Phill D from Uttoxeter
- Nov 24, 2014
Do they have volume and song change control?
- Asked by Juan J from Nashville
- Sep 8, 2014
The on-ear controls avoid allow you to control your music without fumbling with cords and dislodging The on-ear controls avoid allow you to control your music without fumbling with cords and dislodging your earbuds, meaning you can work out with no distractions. …
- Answered by Mark B
- Nov 14, 2014