With their unique secure-fit ear cushions and wireless convenience, the JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones are the ideal companions for any activity. Now you can listen to the music and calls on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad while keeping pace with your run or bike ride.
- Comfortable, secure fitting, and compact Bluetooth earbuds for active sports
- Sweat-resistant earbud design directs sound into the ear for extended frequency response and deep bass
- 8 mm drivers deliver premium audio performance with warm bass to eliminate fatigue
- Up to 250 hours of standby time and 4.5 hours of talk time
- Includes three sizes of ear tips and ear cushions
- Standard micro-USB charging
- Complete music and call controls including play/pause, next/back track, answer/reject call, redial, volume up/down
- Flat cord helps prevent tangling
- Magnet-sealed hard-shell carrying case for on-the-go protection
Did you notice?The on-ear controls avoid allow you to control your music without fumbling with cords and dislodging your earbuds, meaning you can work out with no distractions.
Apple Recommends ForWirelessly listening to music and taking calls during your workout.
What's in the Box?
- JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones
- Three pair secure fit ear cushions and ear tips (S,M,L)
- Optional ear hooks
- Standard micro USB cable
- Premium protective carry case
- Other Features: Bluetooth, With Mic, Noise Isolation, Stereo Bluetooth, Sports & Fitness, Wireless
- Form Factor: Neckband, In Ear
- Connections: Wireless, Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Compatiblity: Bluetooth 2.1
- Stand By Time: Up to 250 hours
- Height: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Width: 1.6 cm
- Depth: 0.51 in./1.3 cm
- Weight: 10 g
- Length: 0.87 in./2.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: JF4MBL
- UPC or EAN No.: 855366002263
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited; lifetime warranty against sweat
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Jaybird Freedom Sprint = Awesome!
I had not purchased bluetooth headphone prior to this pair and I was somewhat skeptical based on the firsthand experiences of frie I had not purchased bluetooth headphone prior to this pair and I was somewhat skeptical based on the firsthand experiences of friends in the past and reviews I had read. I decided to take a gamble knowing that I had an extremely lenient return policy at my disposal if they didn't work out. I have used them twice since picking them up, once for music while running outdoors and once for a baseball game while on a treadmill.
Some tidbits that ran contrary to some of the reviews and made me fall in love with these headphones:
-I was listening to the baseball game over WiFi and left the room for a moment forgetting that my phone wasn't in my pocket. I walked through a set of glass doors about 6 feet from my phone, then another set about 15-20 feet from there before I had the slightest audio hiccup to remind me that my headphones weren't physically connected to my phone (also a potential downfall).
-I listened to an entire baseball game (a little over 3 hours) without the battery dying.
-The treadmill that I was using had a ledge to my left, but within arms reach and I had no trouble with connectivity.
The general things that I liked that weren't specific to any reviews:
-The over-the-ear hooks. I really prefer the hooks.
-The inserts are soft enough that there was no "ear fatigue."
-When listening to rap, the bass sounded great!!
-The carrying case is very solid and a nice addition.
The only thing that I don't like:
-When hanging behind my head the rubber cable sticks to the back of my neck when I sweat a lot (around the second hour of my run). Easily solved by switching the cable to hang in front... …
- Written by Frederick T from Lake Oswego
166 of 173 people found this useful
Absolutely Awesome! If you are a runner and like to listen to music, this one is amazing. Its super comfortable, the earphones wil Absolutely Awesome! If you are a runner and like to listen to music, this one is amazing. Its super comfortable, the earphones will never come out of your ears, sweat proof, great sound, cable will not get stuck to your neck and pull on your earphones!!! Love it! …
- Written by Vladislav M from Mount Pleasant
129 of 137 people found this useful
Great for workouts, sweat proof
Been using Jaybird for almost a year for workouts. Totally sweat proof and no wires to get tangled with.
- Written by 翰韋 馬 from Taipei City
119 of 132 people found this useful
Wire pulled out of Right Ear Piece
Disappointed to pay $130.00 for these headphones and have them fail as easily as they have. I bought them for my wife who uses th Disappointed to pay $130.00 for these headphones and have them fail as easily as they have. I bought them for my wife who uses them while practising Yoga and has never run in them. …
- Written by Don W from Canmore
2 of 3 people found this useful
short life span
I bought the JayBird Freedom in April of 2013 strictly to use while running. I thought the fit was awesome, actually stayed in my I bought the JayBird Freedom in April of 2013 strictly to use while running. I thought the fit was awesome, actually stayed in my ear, even when sweating, and the sound was decent. I was not thrilled with the battery life but since I only used them for running it was not deal breaker for me. However, that said I paid approximately hundred and twenty-nine dollars. Pricey, just to use for running but I felt it was well worth it, since they stayed in my ears and the sound was decent. But right after the year warranty was up , I am talking 13 months in May 2014 they died, that was it never to work again. So there is no review that I can give anyone to encourage them to buy these headphones. Do yourself a favor and purchase something else. I know we live in a disposable world but really 13 months they should at least last 2 years.
A very disappointed customer. …
- Written by Sandra M from New York
9 of 10 people found this useful
For about a year they were terrific. Now they take no charge. Very disappointing. I would expect more for $100.
- Written by Carl Christian S from Rye
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do they have volume and song change control?
- Asked by Juan J from Nashville
- Sep 8, 2014
No answers yet
Will this bluetooth headphones work on the iPod classic?
- Asked by Miguel S from Enterprise
- Jun 4, 2014
no, the ipod classic do not have blue tooth ability, however, I used a blue tooth transmitter and co no, the ipod classic do not have blue tooth ability, however, I used a blue tooth transmitter and connected it to the earphone port, and it worked fine. …
- Answered by Dew G
- Jun 8, 2014
iPhone 5c compatible?
- Asked by Teportia S from Newport News
- Feb 8, 2014
- Answered by Michael H from Lake Barrington
- Apr 23, 2014
Can they be used on other phones apart from that of apple? For example, a samsung phone or even for a laptop.
- Asked by Michelle C from Cebu
- Jun 4, 2014
I've used them on my Nexus 7 with no problems.
- Answered by Michael M from Merrimack
- Jun 25, 2014
Are they compatible with iPad Air?
- Asked by Helen S from Ottawa
- Feb 27, 2014
- Answered by Michael H from Lake Barrington
- Apr 23, 2014