Enjoy your favourite music on the move with OCX 685i Sennheiser headphones which deliver a clear natural sound with lightweight premium ear-buds and earhooks for an ergonomic fit. Designed in conjunction with Adidas, these durable and reliable sports headphones also boast Sennheiser quality sound and can keep up with your workout.
A moisture protection system means you can exercise in challenging conditions with your favourite tunes, and rinse the headphones clean under running water. Carefully selected materials absorb shock and minimise wear. Noise isolation and comfort are achieved with a choice of ear-bud sizes so you can hear just musical detail and not the surrounding noise.
Adjust the volume, skip tracks, answer phone calls and activate Siri with the included smart remote for iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Ear-canal fit with earhook for active sports use
- Premium earbuds in three sizes – Small, Medium, Large
- In-line remote and mic to change volume, skip tracks and take calls
- Durable materials to absorb shock and minimise wear
- Acoustically fine-tuned for punchy sound and high volume
Did you notice?These headphones are durable and can be rinsed under running water.
Apple Recommends ForUpping your game while listening to your favourite tunes and taking iPhone calls using the integrated remote.
What's in the Box?
- Sennheiser OCX 685i In-Ear Sports Headphones
- Ear adapter set (S, M, L)
- Storage pouch
- Cable clip
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 16 Ohms
- THD: <0.5 %
- Other Features: With Remote and Mic,Noise Isolation,Stereo,Sports & Fitness
- Form Factor: Ear Hook
- Cable Length: 120 cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 615104221468
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Great for Running!
Just wanted to chime in and add that I've been using these for my runs, which go for about 30 min across various terrains. Overall Just wanted to chime in and add that I've been using these for my runs, which go for about 30 min across various terrains. Overall I'd recommend them if you're primary use for them is working out, they give decent sound and stay put. Please feel free to read on for more details:
1. They stay in the ear canal comfortably. I had to switch to the larger silicone inserts but after that, they work great. I wear them on 30 min. runs with no problems at all. I also wear them at work for roughly 4 hours increments and they're still comfortable.
2. They don't jostle around while on the move. I was worried that while I was running they would move up and down and rub the ears, but they feel like they're staying put.
3. They have a controller at the y split. One of the things I didn't care for with the stock iPhone 5 headphones is that the sound controls/mic were on one side. With it on the y split of this I can get to the controls easily with either hand.
4. Low profile. I was also concerned that since they went over the ear that they'd have a really big profile, but once you get it behind the ear they aren't all that noticeable, especially when compared w/ other IEMs.
The Bad (or why it didn't get 5 stars)
1. The bass is lacking. I listen to trance and EDM, so a lot of my stuff loves having a nice full bass. While the bass isn't terrible, it could be better. I've had some IEMs that can make my head rumble while listening.
Due to the lower bass, I end up having to turn up the volume a bit more than on some other headphones. This isn't an end of the world thing at all, but I can't give these buds a 5 star with this shortcoming.
Overall, I would recommend these headphones if you're looking for a good workout pair. They'll also do for day to day use, but you might want some more bass. …
- Written by Stevan S from Seattle
36 of 39 people found this useful
Great build quality and sound but...
This may be a bit of a personal preference, the headphones have great sound quality (pretty good high, mid and low range) - as lon This may be a bit of a personal preference, the headphones have great sound quality (pretty good high, mid and low range) - as long as you put them in your ear properly, these being the in-ear variety of headphones. The build quality is very good i find, and the wrap around the ear design is excellent, and will not come loose under stress (perfect for the running/gym going which i use these for). And the mic sounds great for calls.
So Sennheiser got it right this time? Well, almost...
First, the location and size of the i-controller/mic. The controller is too small, and buttons too close together without enough separation or height to tell the difference - you will frequently miss the play/pause button for either of the volume up/down; which is an annoying distraction while running and want to skip songs, and dont want to look for the button.
Second, the location of the controller, which is located where the cables for the left/right earpieces split. I would prefer the controller be higher up on the right earpiece (like the Apple headphones) so its easy to get to (other workout headphones do this). Size wouldnt be as much of an issue, but i usually tuck my headphones under my shirt/jacket for running/gym so the cable doesnt get in my way. Sweatproof headphones are awesome like that. The location of the controller makes it so i have to have an unusual amount sticking out at the top so i can get to the controller (worst while running and wearing a jacket, make it difficult to get to the controller). That, or keep the headphones on the outside bouncing around during your workout...
Would i recommend these? If you can get past the ergonomics/use of the size/location of the controller, these make great sport headphones. …
- Written by Mateusz B from Toronto
33 of 42 people found this useful
Super comfortable and they stay put!
I really like these headphones! They replaced the Monster iSports that I had.
Great over the ear design keeps them in no matter I really like these headphones! They replaced the Monster iSports that I had.
Great over the ear design keeps them in no matter what you're doing. The cord doesn't pull them out and this also keeps it away from your face. They are really light and the most comfortable phones I've ever had. Controls are easy to access and click.
The sound is pretty good, but the upper mids are a bit harsh. I'm not a huge fan of sound signature, but I can live with it because the design makes up for it and the bass is good. Cable is a little thin but the build quality is great so they should last. A little better sound and these would be perfect. Worth the money. …
- Written by Daniel L from Los Angeles
20 of 22 people found this useful
I've been through 2 of these now, having returned one malfunctioning pair already. Despite the claims, they are not sweat-resistan I've been through 2 of these now, having returned one malfunctioning pair already. Despite the claims, they are not sweat-resistant, and, after a few weeks the remote switches (on/off and volume) break down. But it gets worse! The switches go haywire and start to make the mp3 player itself malfunction. So they worked and fitted me well for a while, but they soon become worthless. Don't waste your money on them. …
- Written by Grant D from Auckland
Sound quality good, but poor durability
I bought these as was looking for a good running headphones and something that would stay put. Have been pretty disappointed. The I bought these as was looking for a good running headphones and something that would stay put. Have been pretty disappointed. The sound quality and fit is great, but the remote is iffy and then after about a month of use, I have a constant buzz in one side of the headphones that make them unusable about 50% of the time. Would not recommend. …
- Written by Zennon K from Elmira
So disappointed with these. My last sennheisers lasted 2-3 years with no problems but the remote control on these packed it in aft So disappointed with these. My last sennheisers lasted 2-3 years with no problems but the remote control on these packed it in after 2 weeks. Shame because the sound is quite good. Very frustrating given the relatively high price. …
- Written by Stephen M from MALAHIDE
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the mic work with the MacBook Air? My other earbuds / mic work fine with my iPhone and iPad, but the mic doesn't work with my 2013 MacBook Air.
- Asked by Greg J from Milton
- Jul 5, 2013
No answers yet