The iHome iDM9 speaker fits in your car's cup holder for easy access to music and hands-free mobile calling from your iPhone on the road. The rechargeable speaker with Bluetooth and speakerphone capability looks and sounds great anywhere. The speaker provides great sound that's perfect for your music, games, or apps.
An auto-pairing and-linking feature makes Bluetooth setup simple and fast. The built-in lithium-ion battery is rechargeable, so you can enjoy music on the go without worrying about batteries. Built-in mic, ATI SoundClear® voice echo cancellation, and answer and end controls make speakerphone use a pleasure. USB charging cable and car charger included.
- Perfect for iPad, iPod, iPhone, Mac, notebook computers, mobile phones, portable game devices, MP3 players, and more
- Wirelessly stream music within 30 feet (10 meters) from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or other Bluetooth-enabled device
- ATI SoundClear voice echo cancellation and Music 3D sound enhancement technology for clear calls and great-sounding music
- LED charging/pairing indicator
- USB charging cable included
- SRS TruBass for fuller, richer sound
- Line-in jack for any audio source—works with any 3.5 mm headphone jack or Bluetooth-enabled device
- Travel lock to save battery life and preserve settings during travel
Did you notice?The travel lock helps save battery life in transit by preventing inadvertent button activation.
Apple Recommends ForListen to the music on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in your car, boat, or RV—wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- iHome iDM9 speaker (1)
- 12-volt car charge adapter
- USB charging cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Batteries: Lithium Polymer
- Height: 7.99 in./20.3 cm
- Width: 4.53 in./11.51 cm
- Weight: 1.14 lb./0.52 kg
- Length: 5.91 in./15 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: iDM9GXC
- UPC or EAN No.: 047532898378
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
THIS SPEAKER ROCKS FOR A FRACTION OF THE COSTS !!!
THIS SPEAKER ROCKS WITH SUCH A RICH BASS SOUND, AND CELL PHONE TECHNOLOGY!!! I'VE USED THIS SPEAKER FOR OVER 12 HOURS FROM CAR TO THIS SPEAKER ROCKS WITH SUCH A RICH BASS SOUND, AND CELL PHONE TECHNOLOGY!!! I'VE USED THIS SPEAKER FOR OVER 12 HOURS FROM CAR TO CAR ! I RETURNED A SIMILAR JBL SPEAKER DUE TO CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS. I LOVE THE CELL FEATURE WHILE DRIVING WITH THE LARGE ILLUMINATED ANSWER/END BUTTONS. IT FITS IN MY JACKET POCKET WHICH IS GREAT FOR CAR RENTALS AND MY HOTEL ROOM STAYS !!! I JUST LOVE THE SOUND !!! …
- Written by STEVEN T
92 of 101 people found this useful
Rollin' with the iDM9 on the West Coast!
I've been using this cup holder speaker for the last couple of months, and I totally dig it. I'm constantly on the phone and able I've been using this cup holder speaker for the last couple of months, and I totally dig it. I'm constantly on the phone and able to easily respond to incoming calls and conduct business with ease. I truly enjoy the design and vibe as it never leaves my cup holder and has made it's permanent home in my car. It charges quickly and fits snug, no rattles, etc... …
- Written by Stephen M from San Diego
83 of 88 people found this useful
Speaker with a Cell Feature Fits in a Cup Holder !
Great Sound ! Great Bass! This speaker replaced the stereo in my car ! I use this awesome speaker with hands free cell phone featu Great Sound ! Great Bass! This speaker replaced the stereo in my car ! I use this awesome speaker with hands free cell phone feature in my beverage holder on my bikes on the lake front, and on my mopeds! , After all who wouldn't want a stereo sound and a cell phone function on their bike. Easily fits in my purse ! Not to mention the ease of carrying it around the house, office, and on my boat. A big speaker sound ! What great bass technology! Just go for this! You will love it ! …
- Written by Jan S
84 of 90 people found this useful
This little speaker overall works great. My iPhone connects via Bluetooth within 5 seconds of turning it on. Works well up to 10- This little speaker overall works great. My iPhone connects via Bluetooth within 5 seconds of turning it on. Works well up to 10-15 feet away from my iPhone. Sounds really nice in my home or office - surprisingly rich base. The hands-free phone also works great with good sound quality. The only complaint I have is that sometimes in my car (a Prius) it is difficult to hear when placed in the center consol cup holder - just a little more power would have made this a 5 star review. …
- Written by Christopher L from South Strafford
1 of 1 people found this useful
Junk, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!!!
Worked twice - at a very low sound, exchenged it and same thing 2nd time around. don't waste your money here. Save the extra mon Worked twice - at a very low sound, exchenged it and same thing 2nd time around. don't waste your money here. Save the extra money for the Bose - sound link you won't regret it. …
- Written by Annette D from Chicago
5 of 6 people found this useful
I just got this today and decided to plug in to charge. I plugged in the USB cable and plugged it into my USB wall port. The instr I just got this today and decided to plug in to charge. I plugged in the USB cable and plugged it into my USB wall port. The instructions stated that the iDM9 would have a light when charging..... well nothing. So I took it to my computer and nothing. I decided to let it sit for a little bit on the charge at the computer. After about two hours and the already previous frustration, I really wanted to see if the thing would work. So I turned it on and yay it had lights. Okay I thought we were going somewhere. I tried to get my iPhone5S to connect Bluetooth to it and my phone could not locate it. I then grabbed an auxiliary cable and plugged it into my phone an the iDM9. I connected to Pandora and okay I hear sound. VERY LITTLE SOUND. I hit the volume key and nada... that is as loud as it gets. My iPhone plays music louder then this by it's self. I am going to call Apple in a few moments but so far.....this is a piece of junk. I will add more when I speak to Apple about this item to see what they say. …
- Written by Amber G from Macon
6 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I play the new ipod nano through it's bluetooth feature on this?
- Asked by Megan B from New Albany
- Jan 17, 2013
Yes, you can. It works great, but the iPod battery will run down pretty quickly.
- Answered by Josh R from Waitsfield
- Jan 24, 2013
Will this significantly improve the quality of the sound on a handsfree phone call? I am not looking to just play music as a speaker.
- Asked by Dan P from Dallas
- Apr 26, 2014
How many of these speakers can be linked up with your device via Bluetooth?
- Asked by Rashan R from Port Chester
- Sep 15, 2013
Per iHome technical support regarding this question: answered 11/19/2013: "you can only pair 1 spea Per iHome technical support regarding this question: answered 11/19/2013: "you can only pair 1 speaker at a time" via Bluetooth. (iHome support case 68262(1go6). …
- Answered by Thomas K from Anderson
- Nov 19, 2013
does this work with facetime or skype? EOM
- Asked by Robert T from North Las Vegas
- Aug 2, 2013
works perfectly with Skype
- Answered by Santiago E from Ny
- Oct 11, 2013
does this work with iPad mini?
- Asked by Linda H from Mt. Sterling
- Feb 15, 2013
absolutely, you can stream via Bluetooth or plug in directly to your iPad mini's headphone jack in a absolutely, you can stream via Bluetooth or plug in directly to your iPad mini's headphone jack in aux-in mode with the included cable. …
- Answered by Michael L from Norfolk
- May 3, 2013