The iHome iW3 is an AirPlay enabled speaker system for streaming digital audio wirelessly over Wi-Fi from iTunes, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch to anywhere in your house. The internal rechargeable battery makes it a truly wireless and portable audio solution that you can take anywhere you have Wi-Fi. The iW3 also supports USB docking for iPad, iPod, and iPhone charging and music playback via any iPod USB sync cable and dock.
- Works with AirPlay wireless audio
- Four active speakers with custom Reson8 speaker chambers
- SRS TruBass digital sound processing for dynamic audio performance
- Convenient charging base and integrated carrying handle
- Wi-Fi certified
- Works with iHome apps (available from the App Store) for easy network setup, access to device settings, fun alarm features, and more
- Experience wireless multi-room audio by adding iHome AirPlay enabled speakers around the house
Did you notice?The built-in power switch helps save battery life in transit by preventing inadvertent activation of buttons.
Apple Recommends ForListen to the music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac wirelessly anywhere in your house.
What's in the Box?
- iHome iW3 wireless speaker
- USB sync cable
- Charging base
- 100-240 V universal voltage AC adapter
- Start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power, USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 9.38 in./23.83 cm
- Width: 4.61 in./11.7 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Length: 4.61 in./11.7 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: iW3SVC
- UPC or EAN No.: 047532900460
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- To take advantage of AirPlay functionality, the iW3 must be connected to a Wi-Fi network with networked access to a Mac or PC running iTunes 10.1 or later; or an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch running iOS 4.2 or later.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the iW3 work with the Apple TV?? I'd like to set these up around my apartment and AirPlay the Apple TV's audio to multiple units. Thanx!
- Asked by Jess H from Daytona Beach
- Mar 11, 2013
I just tested it and yes it does. However, the Apple TV can only play to one AirPlay device at a tim I just tested it and yes it does. However, the Apple TV can only play to one AirPlay device at a time. So if you get several of these units around your house, the Apple TV can't play to all of them. You can stream music from iTunes to multiple speakers, so that would be a better source for multi-room audio. …
- Answered by Bryan S from Sugar Land
- Jun 1, 2013
Run several speakers simultaneously? Only with iTunes never with iOS devices.
- Asked by Benjamin N from Long Beach
- May 3, 2013
Can't play but one at a time using my ipod 5, but using the REMOTE app on the ipod I can access my l Can't play but one at a time using my ipod 5, but using the REMOTE app on the ipod I can access my library on my PC and play to multiple devices including computer, apple tv, and multipld ihome speakers …
- Answered by Patricia M from Hanson
- Aug 29, 2013
Does this product work with a new Airport Express?
- Asked by Giampaolo B from Brooklyn
- Feb 6, 2013
Does it work for the new ipod nano
- Asked by Diane V from West Chicago
- Nov 23, 2012
For the iPod Nano, it will only work via sync or stereo cable. It is not a bluetooth speaker, and t For the iPod Nano, it will only work via sync or stereo cable. It is not a bluetooth speaker, and the iPod Nano does not have WiFi. So it has to be plugged in in order to work.
So yes it will work, but the Airplay functionality will not work. …
- Answered by Derrick B from Austell
- Dec 25, 2012