Beats Mixr Headphones are designed for DJs, so they're the lightest and loudest model Beats makes. Created for audio enthusiasts and professionals alike, these over-ear headphones reproduce accurate sound and meet the needs of the world's best DJs. And their super-lightweight design means you can pull them on and off while you're onstage without any trouble.
Industrial strength sound
Designed to be heard over parties at 100+ decibels, Mixr delivers extremely deep bass at extraordinarily high volume. Made for pros warming up the party.
DJ bells and whistles
Rotating earcups swivel back behind the ears, then rotate back for total isolation. With dual input and daisy chain connectors, it's easy to share what you're listening to.
Made for life on the road
The ultra-flexible headband was crafted to be super lightweight, and easily foldable for jetting off to your next destination.
Built to withstand the rigors of DJ life, which means creating a housing flexible and tough enough to take a beating. No worries about them breaking or fraying anytime soon.
- 40mm drivers provide low frequency range with a custom diaphragm, which produces smooth mids and highs
- Soft leatherette ear pads fit over the ear comfortably, so they're wearable for hours
- Metal construction and a molded headband keep these headphones sturdy and travel-friendly
- Ear cups pivot up to 270 degrees for single-ear monitoring with articulation and a snug fit unique to your ears
- Dual input 3.5mm jacks let you daisy chain audio with friends and other music enthusiasts for easy sharing
- Keeps ambient noise out to provide a cleaner sound while reducing leakage from your own music
Did you notice?Blocks ambient noise for clear audio playback and totally confident mixing.
Apple Recommends ForLight weight and totally accurate sound for DJing.
What's in the Box?
- Beats Mixr headphones
- 3.5mm audio cable
- Audio adapter
- Cable with in-line mic and remote that controls iOS devices
- Carrying case
- Form Factor: On Ear
- Cable Length: 7.2 ft./2.2 m
- Mfr. Part Number: 900-00031-02
- UPC or EAN No.: 848447000210
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
The Best of the Beats
I've owned these Beats for a few weeks now and I love them. They are better than the Solos (I upgraded from the Product Red Solos I've owned these Beats for a few weeks now and I love them. They are better than the Solos (I upgraded from the Product Red Solos to these) but not as ridiculously huge as the Studios or Pros. The Beats sound is great for all kinds of music with deep, rich bass and clear highs and midrange. They come with a hard case that keeps them protected as well. …
- Written by Jonah H from Winston Salem
206 of 227 people found this useful
Best of the beats by dre line up
I have tried the entire beats line of headphones these are by far my favorite. the have the highest volume threshold and dont drow I have tried the entire beats line of headphones these are by far my favorite. the have the highest volume threshold and dont drown out most of the music with excessive bass while balancing out the mids and highs with amazing clarity. Extremely well made, not plastic like most of the beats. …
- Written by John A from Hazlet
186 of 204 people found this useful
good sound quality, but not comfortable
I bought this one two weeks ago, the sound is incredibly awesome, this is the best sound effect i have ever heard. however, when i I bought this one two weeks ago, the sound is incredibly awesome, this is the best sound effect i have ever heard. however, when i wear it on my head, not too long time, i will feel very painful on my ears and i even feel it like poisonous. if you have small ears, you could buy this one, but, not regular-ear guys. …
- Written by Liang P from Boston
120 of 151 people found this useful
Terrible headphones - over rated and over hyped.
I received these for christmas and was originally excited to get them. However, they are extremely tight and have not "relaxed" o I received these for christmas and was originally excited to get them. However, they are extremely tight and have not "relaxed" one bit, they are unwearable and become very uncomfortable after a few minutes. I have tried several recommended fixes to get them to be more wearable but none have worked. Just wish I'd kept the box so I could return them. Did I mention that their sound is only average. …
- Written by Craig O from Lake oswego
1 of 5 people found this useful
Resolve Beats Mixr Pain
Hey y'all, so I got a pair of Beats Mixr's for Christmas, and I really love the sound quality and size of them! But I've also real Hey y'all, so I got a pair of Beats Mixr's for Christmas, and I really love the sound quality and size of them! But I've also realized that I too, begin getting pain on my ears after listening to my music for (like a few others have already said) about 10 - 20 minutes. They do seem to squeeze on the sides of head really tightly, to the point where I just have to take them off because my jaw was also beginning to hurt. I was wondering how some of you others that have had this same problem have dealt with it or made it better. I could really use some advise! Thanks! …
- Written by Joshua N from Colorado Springs
4 of 6 people found this useful
Apple Headphones Sound Better
Literally the biggest waste of $250. The bass completely drowns out the highs and kids which are muddy and sound terrible anyway. Literally the biggest waste of $250. The bass completely drowns out the highs and kids which are muddy and sound terrible anyway. They are also incredibly uncomfortable and squeeze your head so tightly that wearing them for more than 30 minutes is impossible. I would be embarrassed to be seen wearing these …
- Written by Carson B from Matthews
8 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this wireless?
- Asked by Natalia P from Miami
- Jul 3, 2014
These Mix'rs are not wireless, but they do come with aux cable plugins on both hear cuffs.
- Answered by Yoyo Dj 6 ( from Stanfield
- Aug 10, 2014
can you workout in them, meaning can they get wet from sweat?
- Asked by Janice A from Owens Cross Roads
- Dec 11, 2012
These are reputably very high performing headphones. They were engineered with DJ's in mind, to be u These are reputably very high performing headphones. They were engineered with DJ's in mind, to be used in the studio and on-stage. The headset design, as universal as it seems, is a really reserved design, especially this one. As mentioned in the description, they are composed with durable materials, but the involved movement of running, and the sweat, might take away from the precise design it comes as. I would not recommend to use this for any type of physical exercise.
Beats(c) however does offer some in-ear listening devices for active training! …
- Answered by Anthony C from Lasalle
- Feb 9, 2013
Is it Bluetooth or wireless?
- Asked by Vera J from San Antonio
- Jun 7, 2014
No, it uses a detachable cord.
- Answered by Kris M from Kanata
- Jul 4, 2014
Can i use mixr on iphone 5s?! Why it's not in compatibility list ?
- Asked by Armin M from Los Angeles
- Mar 5, 2014
It works with the 5c and 5s but it isn't listed because it probably was written before the 5c/5s wer It works with the 5c and 5s but it isn't listed because it probably was written before the 5c/5s were released …
- Answered by Alicia K from Keith
- Mar 15, 2014