LaCie 3TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'9233 Desktop Hard Drive
LaCie 3TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'9233 Desktop Hard Drive
Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9233 desktop hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can move a 700GB file in just under seven seconds. Quickly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9233 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9233, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape that's built to last. There's 5mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated desktop storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9233 desktop drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick Install Guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 1.5 in./3.8 cm
- Width: 4.7 in./12 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Length: 7.5 in./19 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000302
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003333
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Great Design. Great Performance.
I've got tons of files, photos and video and I've been running low on storage space lately. Besides I got tired of managing multip I've got tons of files, photos and video and I've been running low on storage space lately. Besides I got tired of managing multiple backup drives, so I've opted for this 3TB baby. It's quite heavy due to the thick aluminum enclosure. The design and the build quality are awesome. Transfer speeds are great. I also love that there is a data encryption option, which gives me peace of mind knowing that even if I leave the drive behind somewhere the information contained cannot be accessed and is totally secure. …
- Written by Hugo H
189 of 211 people found this useful
It is decently fast and quite, nice industrial design with a big thick aluminum heat sink on top, works like a charm with the new It is decently fast and quite, nice industrial design with a big thick aluminum heat sink on top, works like a charm with the new usb3 macs, it's second gen usb3 allowing scsi over USB protocol. Very happy with the fanless design, great for musicians or anyone who hates noise. …
- Written by Bashar A from Vancouver
142 of 157 people found this useful
I'd recommend this drive to anyone who needs a simple, and easy backup system. It was plug-and-play for me and so far I haven't ha I'd recommend this drive to anyone who needs a simple, and easy backup system. It was plug-and-play for me and so far I haven't had any issues with it. The backups are faultless with Time Machine and I don't have to worry about my data security, since it can be encrypted with this drive, nor about running out of space - 3TB is an enormous amount of storage capacity to safely save all my files, music, video and photos.. …
- Written by Wesley H
105 of 111 people found this useful
it simply works
My iMac was fast filling up with all my audio and video recordings and I really needed a second backup drive. Having looked around My iMac was fast filling up with all my audio and video recordings and I really needed a second backup drive. Having looked around, I opted for this one, and I haven't been disappointed. It works perfectly, looks great and I've experienced absolutely no issues with it. I might buy another for my son's computer. …
- Written by Addison P
2 of 2 people found this useful
Reliable and easy to use
This drive is perfect for storing photos and music. I've set it up for daily backups with Time Machine. It was easier than I thoug This drive is perfect for storing photos and music. I've set it up for daily backups with Time Machine. It was easier than I thought (I'm an utter technophobe). This is the first real plug and play I've had. It works well and is very fast. …
- Written by Selena J
3 of 3 people found this useful
I found myself needing more TBs of storage space for my media collection. I wanted the new drive to be fast to transfer files to m I found myself needing more TBs of storage space for my media collection. I wanted the new drive to be fast to transfer files to my Macbook Pro and also iPad for when I travel. This unit is well designed and constructed. Works just as advertised, very fast and easy to use. The data transfer speeds are very good with USB 3. Very happy with this. …
- Written by Chris G
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this automatically back up with time machine?
- Asked by Helen G from Staten Island
- Jul 24, 2013
Go into the Time Machine section of System Preferences to select the drive you want Time Machine to Go into the Time Machine section of System Preferences to select the drive you want Time Machine to use. After that, yes, Time Machine will automatically back up to the drive you chose. …
- Answered by Patty W from Menlo Park
- Aug 11, 2013
Can this drive be formatted so that it (or a partition) is bootable with Mountain Lion.
- Asked by Dale G from Liberty
- Dec 7, 2013
No answers yet
can this be connected to my time machine and run wirelessly
- Asked by Alan J from Hereford
- Aug 6, 2013
can I use this as a time machine for two iMacs and a Notebook Pro at the same time
- Asked by Bill T
- Oct 8, 2013
Yes, can be used as a Time Machine volume for multiple machines by sharing the LaCie disk over a net Yes, can be used as a Time Machine volume for multiple machines by sharing the LaCie disk over a network (wired or wireless) via a AirPort Extreme Base Station.
You need to:
1. Have an Airport Extreme Base Station connected as part of your home network (read above);
2. Plug the LaCie drive into the USB port on the Airport Extreme;
3. Use 'Airport Utility' application to set up the LiCie unit as a shared drive;
4. Back in the Finder, select your Airport Extreme in the sidebar of a folder window to mount the LaCie (network) drive;
5. In System Settings / Time Machine, select the LaCie (network) drive as one of your back-up drives;
6. Repeat items 4 and 5 above on your other Macs and they will all utilise the same LaCie drive as Time Machine volume.
[This works reasonably well but is much slower that directly connected Time Machine drives (via FireWire or USB2/USB3, etc. The initial full back-up of each machine may therefore take several hours but after that it's not so noticable.]
The drive can be partitioned, however that does not mean that it can be simultaneous connected to multiple machines (via USB) other than as a network share, as outlined above. Windows 7 should also be able to the available network shared disk, but I'm not certain how well this would work.
Since USB does not support daisy chaining, USB external drives have only one USB port to connect to. [This can be seen in the photos of this model in the Apple Store – see photo of backplane showing USB port (rectangle with blue centre) and power adaptor connection (circular port on RHS). …
- Answered by Matthew C from Carseldine
- Oct 9, 2013
La cir 4 tb Porsche how Much movies or DVD and Music Can it Hold
- Asked by Paul S from Pleasanton
- Aug 21, 2013
Your iPad doesn't have a USB port. You may be better off subscribing to Music Match for $25 and usi Your iPad doesn't have a USB port. You may be better off subscribing to Music Match for $25 and using your iPad to access cloud-stored media via WiFi. …
- Answered by Marsha A from New York
- Sep 30, 2013