The LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Drive provides universal connectivity: It gives you the superior speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than seven seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0. And the 7200-rpm spindle speed (500GB model only), allows speeds up to 110MB/s. Whether your goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Triple has everything you need.
Four levels of rugged protection
Conforms to military standard 810-F, and can support drops from up to two meters (6.56 ft). Carry your files anywhere with confidence, thanks to a shock-absorbing sleeve, aluminum anti-scratch casing, internal rubber bumpers and a 1000G shock-resistant hard drive.
A fifth level of data security
Standard LaCie AES 256-bit encryption software makes it easy for you to create a password-protected area on your drive where you can securely store all of your confidential information.
- Triple interface, bus powered, plug and play
- Maximum speed up to 110MB/s
- Shock-proof design
- Time Machine compatible
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Keep your data safe with a hard drive that's comfortably mounted on four independent suspensions and has a protective external bumper.
Apple Recommends ForHandle backup, video storage and large data volume exchange from your Mac wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Rugged Hard Drive Triple USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- FireWire 800 cable
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 1 in./2.8 cm
- Width: 3.5 in./9 cm
- Weight: 9.2 oz./260 g
- Length: 5.7 in./14.5 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 301984
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053822026
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Most reliable backup
This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggere This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggered backups. I have a 1TB Time Capsule too, but based on its reliability, I'm not optimistic about a long life.
What convinced to buy the first one was that the Apple Store employees were using them out on the floor.
This Lacie drives works easily with Time Machine and the older Apple Backup software.
I highly recommend it. …
- Written by E M from SOUTH PORTLAND
98 of 102 people found this useful
As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a perfect solution. The quick transfer speeds let me get my data onto the drive quickly and with backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, and Firewire interface it'll work on most of my clients' computers. …
- Written by Holden T
88 of 90 people found this useful
Sturdy Portable Drive
I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about the bumps and grinds of everyday use. It's compact and has an excellent choice of interfaces. The speeds are awesome. So five stars on all of the above. …
- Written by Rene N
89 of 94 people found this useful
I bought one of these drives a while back, and I love it. It's fast and works great. I've never had any issues with it, either tra I bought one of these drives a while back, and I love it. It's fast and works great. I've never had any issues with it, either transferring files or carrying it around. The rubber sleeve protects the drive very well. I'm satisfied with it thus far. …
- Written by Nicolas M
Works as expected
I have plenty of media files spread across different computers, tablets and phones, and this drive allows me to access all of the I have plenty of media files spread across different computers, tablets and phones, and this drive allows me to access all of the media whenever I want and regardless of what computer I'm using. …
- Written by Matthiew A
1 of 1 people found this useful
Quick secure drive
I previously purchased the Thunderbolt version of this Lacie rugged hard drive and was unpleasantly surprised at how slow the tran I previously purchased the Thunderbolt version of this Lacie rugged hard drive and was unpleasantly surprised at how slow the transfer was from the drive to my MBP especially for the money I paid for it. It was nowhere close to the proposed transfer rate. I quickly returned it and bought this Firewire version and it was cheaper and very fast compared to USB 2.0 - this is a great external drive...rugged and fast and well worth the money. You won't be disappointed. …
- Written by Miguel S from Waterdown
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I use this Hard Drive with the Firewire800 to Thunderbolt adaptor the conection will provide enough power? work fine?
- Asked by Matheus Henrique A from New York
- Sep 20, 2013
Can I store video media to edit with FCP X?
- Asked by Matthew R from Knoxville
- Feb 23, 2014
No answers yet
does LaCie 500GB hard drive work with IMAC
- Asked by Lucretia P from Philadelphia
- Jan 1, 2014
can you transfer pictures from iPhone to this device?
- Asked by Reuben J from San Francisco
- Dec 6, 2012
No. You can't physically plug your iPhone in and transfer pictures. The only way is to download the No. You can't physically plug your iPhone in and transfer pictures. The only way is to download the pictures from your iPhone to your computer, then transfer the pictures from your computer to the hard drive. …
- Answered by Carson D from Belleair
- Dec 31, 2012