The LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Drive provides universal connectivity: It gives you the superior speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than seven seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0. And the 7200-rpm spindle speed (500GB model only), allows speeds up to 110MB/s. Whether your goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Triple has everything you need.
Four levels of rugged protection
Conforms to military standard 810-F, and can support drops from up to two meters (6.56 ft). Carry your files anywhere with confidence, thanks to a shock-absorbing sleeve, aluminum anti-scratch casing, internal rubber bumpers and a 1000G shock-resistant hard drive.
A fifth level of data security
Standard LaCie AES 256-bit encryption software makes it easy for you to create a password-protected area on your drive where you can securely store all of your confidential information.
- Triple interface, bus powered, plug and play
- Maximum speed up to 110MB/s
- Shock-proof design
- Time Machine compatible
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Keep your data safe with a hard drive that's comfortably mounted on four independent suspensions and has a protective external bumper.
Apple Recommends ForHandle backup, video storage and large data volume exchange from your Mac wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Rugged Hard Drive Triple USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- FireWire 800 cable
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 1 in./2.8 cm
- Width: 3.5 in./9 cm
- Weight: 9.2 oz./260 g
- Length: 5.7 in./14.5 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 301984
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053822026
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Most reliable backup
This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggere This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggered backups. I have a 1TB Time Capsule too, but based on its reliability, I'm not optimistic about a long life.
What convinced to buy the first one was that the Apple Store employees were using them out on the floor.
This Lacie drives works easily with Time Machine and the older Apple Backup software.
I highly recommend it. …
- Written by E M from SOUTH PORTLAND
156 of 162 people found this useful
As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a perfect solution. The quick transfer speeds let me get my data onto the drive quickly and with backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, and Firewire interface it'll work on most of my clients' computers. …
- Written by Holden T
142 of 147 people found this useful
Sturdy Portable Drive
I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about the bumps and grinds of everyday use. It's compact and has an excellent choice of interfaces. The speeds are awesome. So five stars on all of the above. …
- Written by Rene N
132 of 137 people found this useful
Excellent fast drive
I use this drive with FCP X and it totally rocks, excellent speeds, and pretty quiet. The capacity is good, and the rugged protect I use this drive with FCP X and it totally rocks, excellent speeds, and pretty quiet. The capacity is good, and the rugged protective casing allows me to easily transport the drive in my backpack. Very happy with it! …
- Written by Elaine H
1 of 1 people found this useful
Used approximately six times and then the unit failed. It may be the cable, it may be the USB plug, it may be the unit. Nonethel Used approximately six times and then the unit failed. It may be the cable, it may be the USB plug, it may be the unit. Nonetheless, it doesn't work. The hard drive may be rugged but if information isn't stored ruggedness doesn't matter. …
- Written by Albert W from Klamath Falls
3 of 7 people found this useful
Dropped once from knee height and stopped working
Not so rugged...ive dropped others without this issue...backup backup backup
- Written by JOEL W from Clymer
5 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How do I know if my son's macpro which is probably 4 yrs old can interface with USB3? Both my kids want external drives and I like to buy the best.
- Asked by Elaine L from Kodiak
- Dec 17, 2014
Can I store video media to edit with FCP X?
- Asked by Matthew R from Knoxville
- Feb 23, 2014
Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. You'd get seamless video editing going using FCPX with the LaCie 1TB Thunderbolt drive. I have used this as my set up for editing weddings in the past. …
- Answered by Craig M
- Dec 29, 2014
is there a data recovery policy?
- Asked by Katherine P from Apache Junction
- Apr 17, 2013
If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it f If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it fails then, no. …
- Answered by Wolf M from Grafton
- Nov 21, 2013
can it be used back and forth between a Mac and pc without reformatting?
- Asked by Irina Rebeca R from Fremont
- Aug 31, 2014
Yes as long as the drive is originally formatted for cross-compatibility (NTSF)
- Answered by Chase B from Whitestown
- Nov 20, 2014
does it hold anything other than video
- Asked by Sam M from Northfield
- Apr 5, 2014
Yes, it will hold everything/anything you need to save.
- Answered by John H from Malibu
- Apr 7, 2014