Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9223 hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can rapidly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9223 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9223, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape. There's 3mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for your Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated portable storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9223 mobile drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.6 in./1.5 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.7 cm
- Weight: 8.47 oz./240 g
- Length: 5.1 in./13 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000293
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003265
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Couldn't be happier..
I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me it looks great. I'm a real fan of brushed aluminium look. It's also quiet, doesn't buzz or make annoying sounds and it doesn't overheat even after several hours of continuous work. …
- Written by Gary G
273 of 289 people found this useful
I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I plug it into the USB port. The drive is whirling away as though it was working but nothing! Have to purchase a new drive to perform backups on and not really happy. …
- Written by Vivek S from Lansing
270 of 337 people found this useful
Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommen Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommend this product …
- Written by Julian P from Vancouver
188 of 209 people found this useful
Not worth purchasing
I purchased this device hoping to use it for a long time. Unfortunately not even a year, it is already giving me issues. It no lon I purchased this device hoping to use it for a long time. Unfortunately not even a year, it is already giving me issues. It no longer mounts to my MBP. I have tried everything. It recognizes on a friends MB Air which I am currently backing up my data to another external HD (not LaCie) which works perfectly fine with my MBP. I contacted LaCie customer service, which I am still under warranty. They sent me a new cable (which the first cable was really loose) and the new cable (much better) but still the same issue - not recognizing it. I've been informed that they will send me a 2nd cable (Y cable) so the device can get more power. The whole point is being able to utilize my other ports for other things if necessary. Its not worth spending your money. Find a company who has high energy of power with their cable so you won't have this issue moving fwd. …
- Written by Janet M from Woodbridge
This mobile hard drive has been problematic from the start, and now it is no longer recognized by my Mac. I have to purchase a ne This mobile hard drive has been problematic from the start, and now it is no longer recognized by my Mac. I have to purchase a new external hard drive and hope that nothing happens to my laptop in the meantime because I will have to back up everything on the laptop again.. Apple needs to rethink selling this product. …
- Written by Joanne C from Browntown
1 of 1 people found this useful
Don't hesitate to buy this.
At first I read the reviews for this hard drive before buying it. I read that the device crashed immediately and it was extremely At first I read the reviews for this hard drive before buying it. I read that the device crashed immediately and it was extremely loud. Despite all the negative reviews I read I purchased it to see for myself. I'll tell you I am not disappointed at all. I've had this drive for months now and it has gotten the job done. It hasn't crashed once and it's quieter than a butterfly. I recommend buying this drive. …
- Written by Ali R from lawrenceville
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can this hard drive play cd/dvd and burn cds?
- Asked by Alex D from Pasadena
- Dec 17, 2012
- Answered by Barrie C from Kingston
- Dec 18, 2012
My iMac has 1TB HDD. Is this lacie enough for the time machine ? Thnaks
- Asked by Wei W from Regina
- Dec 15, 2012
- Answered by Rob D from Fulton
- Jul 13, 2014
Will this mobile hard drive work with Windows 8?
- Asked by Ove Eirik S
- Dec 5, 2012
You have several possible ways to use this drive:
- to use exclusively with Windows, simply Yes.
You have several possible ways to use this drive:
- to use exclusively with Windows, simply format the drive using the Setup Assistant when first connect to your Windows 8 laptop. Or you can use Disk Management within Computer Management Administrative Tools to partition and format this drive as an NTFS volume
- to use drive both with a Mac and Windows 8, you can use Setup Assistant to partition the drive into two secitions: one section for sharing between a mac and Windows, and the other to use exclusively with OS X
- if you want to use a Mac formatted drive on Windows, there is a third option, that rquires purchase of MacDrive from Mediafour. This is an application that you can install on Widows that will let you read/write to any Mac formatted drive. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Mar 27, 2013
Can you use this drive on appletv to pull your movies/music from?
- Asked by Tara H from Indianapolis
- Dec 2, 2012
I'm afraid not unless you have a hacked version of atv
- Answered by Ellis L
- Jan 1, 2013
Can I store movies on this when I use my Apple SuperDrive to download my movies onto my Macbook?
- Asked by Beau J from Ludington
- Apr 23, 2014
will this drive work with my 2007 imac on OS 10.4.11
- Asked by Larry F from Velarde
- Jan 24, 2013