Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9223 hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can rapidly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9223 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9223, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape. There's 3mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for your Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated portable storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9223 mobile drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.6 in./1.5 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.7 cm
- Weight: 8.47 oz./240 g
- Length: 5.1 in./13 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000293
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003265
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Couldn't be happier..
I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me it looks great. I'm a real fan of brushed aluminium look. It's also quiet, doesn't buzz or make annoying sounds and it doesn't overheat even after several hours of continuous work. …
- Written by Gary G
315 of 334 people found this useful
I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I plug it into the USB port. The drive is whirling away as though it was working but nothing! Have to purchase a new drive to perform backups on and not really happy. …
- Written by Vivek S from Lansing
324 of 395 people found this useful
Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommen Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommend this product …
- Written by Julian P from Vancouver
206 of 231 people found this useful
Not reliable. Poor support
After almost a year I no longer was able to mount my 1TB Porsche external drive. After seeking help from Apple, LaCie, and online After almost a year I no longer was able to mount my 1TB Porsche external drive. After seeking help from Apple, LaCie, and online forums I was not able to fix whatever the problem was and lost all my data. The same thing happened with the 4TB Porsche external drive approximately 8 months after I purchased it. I lost months worth of work organizing my media library and adding all the metadata. This is the last LaCie product I am going to purchase. …
- Written by Dan R from Airdrie
Cool, but frustrating
I love the product, but it simply doesn't work...
although the cable is plugged in correctly it sporadically disconnects causin I love the product, but it simply doesn't work...
although the cable is plugged in correctly it sporadically disconnects causing issues to my photo library causing me to repair the library and delays me from editing, adding or email my pictures while iPhoto repairs the library. the cable seems like the issue but it could be the connector in the hard drive. either way when i need it, it doesn't work. I would not recommend this product to my enemies. …
- Written by Matthew A from Toronto
3 of 4 people found this useful
Not working at all
After 1 or 2 years this product was self disconnecting from my MacBookPro, saying that i had to eject the drive before disconnect. After 1 or 2 years this product was self disconnecting from my MacBookPro, saying that i had to eject the drive before disconnect. But I did nothing. It happened twice, losing all the work on iMovies. Now I connect and the MacBookPro does dot recognize it! The white light that should be blinking is now continuous and soft. After reading some reviews I see that I`m not the only one. It`s sad, because I bought in Brazil and I paid more than US$400,00 at the time with all the taxes! …
- Written by LEONARDO K from Rio de Janeiro
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it quiet? Silent?
- Asked by Iain H
- Mar 19, 2015
I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to my wife, I don't hear her so well (lol). If there is any sound, it's got to be minimal. I have never appreciated that it was performing back-ups other than by seeing the white light flickering. …
- Answered by Carl I from Pebble Beach
- Mar 29, 2015
I am looking for a device to download my videos from iTunes and save them. I have a mid 2012 IMac with 1 TB but its not enough. Will this device work?
- Asked by Cary C from Sunny Isles Beach
- Dec 24, 2014
Is it compatible with Carbon Copy Cloner
- Asked by Suzanne S from Toronto
- Mar 26, 2015
No answers yet
can i daisy chain the drive
- Asked by Jim F
- Feb 13, 2015
No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add additional devices. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Feb 15, 2015
How can I tell if my Porsche LaCie hard drive is working?
- Asked by Gerald G from New York
- Jan 18, 2015
There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and connected to a device, and flashes when data is being accessed/written to the HD. …
- Answered by Joe B from Troy
- Jan 25, 2015
what is the speed of the disk in rpm ? or is it SSD?
- Asked by Thomas P from Nyc
- Dec 30, 2014
Took some searching but looks like it's 5400 rpm which makes sense in terms of price-point.
- Answered by Hakim S from San Franciscoi
- Jan 16, 2015