Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
The LaCie P'9223 hard drive's USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer files faster than ever before. With speeds up to 5 Gbit/s you can rapidly back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, or make sure that your important files are kept safe.
Designed for your Mac
Created especially for Mac computers, the P'9223 features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish that matches your new MacBook. It's also Time Machine compatible for seamless backups using built-in Mac software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
With the P'9223, Porsche Design and LaCie have produced an exclusive and timeless shape. There's 3mm of solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk inside—for truly solid data protection. Use it anywhere with confidence that you're getting peak performance.
- Designed for your Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- USB 3.0 connectivity for significantly faster file transfers or backups
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft or unauthorized access
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Solid aluminum casing surrounds the disk to keep your data safe.
Apple Recommends ForSophisticated portable storage specially designed to match your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P’9223 mobile drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 0.6 in./1.5 cm
- Width: 3 in./7.7 cm
- Weight: 8.47 oz./240 g
- Length: 5.1 in./13 cm
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000293
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003265
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Couldn't be happier..
I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me I needed storage for my media and iTunes library, and this drive fitted the bill. It's large and fast, but most importantly for me it looks great. I'm a real fan of brushed aluminium look. It's also quiet, doesn't buzz or make annoying sounds and it doesn't overheat even after several hours of continuous work. …
- Written by Gary G
229 of 245 people found this useful
I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I I purchased mine about a year or so ago and it worked fine in the beginning but now my Macbook Pro does not read the drive when I plug it into the USB port. The drive is whirling away as though it was working but nothing! Have to purchase a new drive to perform backups on and not really happy. …
- Written by Vivek S from Lansing
237 of 299 people found this useful
Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommen Really nice clean look matches any macbook beautifully. Functions as it should transfer rate is very high. I would highly recommend this product …
- Written by Julian P from Vancouver
170 of 191 people found this useful
Works great, very satisfied.
It's great to have that much storage in such a compact pocket hard drive. I really like its design, and the solid feel is very com It's great to have that much storage in such a compact pocket hard drive. I really like its design, and the solid feel is very comforting. It works very well. File transfers between my MacBook and this drive are very fast, and there's rarely any noise. …
- Written by Vincent M
Just what I needed
I don't have all that much data that's drop-dead sensitive, but there's enough of it to where I'm glad that I can both keep it sec I don't have all that much data that's drop-dead sensitive, but there's enough of it to where I'm glad that I can both keep it secure (which I can do with the military grade encryption software that comes on the drive), and keep a backup copy in the cloud, too (on the Wuala storage system, which is encrypted as well). …
- Written by Benjamin B
3 of 3 people found this useful
This hard drive is very good. Going 1 year strong so far. Works well with Time Machine. Very fast transfer speeds through USB 3 an This hard drive is very good. Going 1 year strong so far. Works well with Time Machine. Very fast transfer speeds through USB 3 and no noise at all. …
- Written by Vincent L
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it solid state?
- Asked by Caedan L from Dunedin
- Mar 9, 2014
No, this model has a hard drive inside. LaCie does have a model with a 120GB SSD, but it is not carr No, this model has a hard drive inside. LaCie does have a model with a 120GB SSD, but it is not carried by the Apple Store, so you would need to find another reseller. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Mar 10, 2014
can it be used on an imac
- Asked by Robert S from Dallas
- Jan 30, 2014
YES it is a great stylish portable hard drive. You only need a USB port to connect it to your IMAC.
- Answered by Andrew S from Main Beach Qld
- Apr 14, 2014
will this drive work with my 2007 imac on OS 10.4.11
- Asked by Larry F from Velarde
- Jan 24, 2013
wil this mobile hard drive work with both my MAC and my Windows PC?
- Asked by Clifford M from Las Vegas
- Sep 10, 2012
Yes if you partition the drive properly. To use it for Windows machines, you will need a MS-DOS part Yes if you partition the drive properly. To use it for Windows machines, you will need a MS-DOS partition which will also work with Mac. However the Mac formatted partition , which only works with Mac machines, is faster than the MS-Dos formatted partitions. The solution I recommend is to have several (at least 2) partitions formatted in different formats (using the Disk Utility in Mac or using Lacie's setup utility). …
- Answered by Keivan S
- Sep 21, 2012
Can I use this drive with Time Machine?
- Asked by Rachael G from Pensacola
- Aug 31, 2012
It has worked for me.
- Answered by Donald Z from Port Tobacco
- Sep 2, 2012