The HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer gives you the freedom to print wirelessly with ease from your iPhone or iPad. Use the printer's built-in Wi-Fi and connect quickly with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
Convenience and efficiency
Print affordably, using individual inks and automatic printing and copying on both sides of a single page. Also access a library of free apps using the 2.65-inch (6.74 cm) color touchscreen.
Create lab-quality, water-resistant photos without borders, as well as archive-quality documents. Scan photos and everyday documents to email—even without a Mac. You can also use your memory card to print photos directly.
- Print wirelessly and stay connected on the go
- Balance affordable printing and brilliant quality
- Easily save paper and energy
Did you notice?Automatic two-sided printing helps you use up to 50% less paper.
Apple Recommends ForPrint high-quality photos and documents wirelessly from your iPhone or iPad with built-in AirPrint functionality.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer
- Four ink cartridges (Black Ink Cartridge, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Software CD and reference guide;
- Power cord
- Display Size: 6.74 cm/2.65 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 16.06 in./40.79 cm
- Width: 19.37 in./49.2 cm
- Weight: 14.26 lb./6.47 kg
- Length: 7.48 in./19 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 11 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a Mac)
- Color print speed: Up to 8 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a Mac on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 15-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- Intel processor
- 1 GB free hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX042A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112492502
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support.
- *Print speeds and resolutions vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. Well done!!! I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Yannick L from Amherstview
604 of 633 people found this useful
Easy & Quick setup, works great
Probably the easiest printer I've had to set up. It works great with all my i devices. And it looks nice.
- Written by Zdenko D from Lawrence
320 of 343 people found this useful
Worst Printer Ever
This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going to return it!! …
- Written by Millie A from Orlando
208 of 343 people found this useful
Don't ever buy this printer
The printer doesn't work with wifi at college. it won't set up so i called HP and asked for their help and they told me to get a U The printer doesn't work with wifi at college. it won't set up so i called HP and asked for their help and they told me to get a USB cord which isn't included so i would have to buy one, or that i need to get my own wifi. They blamed apple saying that it is their fault for "not advising buyers to have their own wifi". The printer is honestly the worst investment i have ever made. Seriously, buy any other brand except HP because they are terrible. …
- Written by Lydia S from Cincinnati
Best printer I have ever had. Note that I am not a heavy user. Around 35 pages per month.
- Written by Mario D from Guaynabo
5 of 5 people found this useful
a sweet little gadget with personality
A little noisy, but it doesn't seem to be hurting itself when it grinds a bit. It likes to bounce around some also, but stays on i A little noisy, but it doesn't seem to be hurting itself when it grinds a bit. It likes to bounce around some also, but stays on its stand. Print quality is excellent. Use a lighter bond paper, I use 20. The cartridges that come with it do not last long, but for $12 I picked up a replacement (Black which is all I need) good for 500 sheets, medium density. I use it for text, charts & music scores. For ~$100 purchase price, it's great.
To install and set up: first search YouTube for HP5520 Installation video. Then search "HP driver" and choose the 5520 and Mac. After installation, the video walks you through it, install the drivers, the hp link; the Installation process walks you through this. Then to print turn on unit and print from the computer document. Copy & Scan at the printer unit.
Nice appearance, well behaved when it's turned off. I plan to keep it. …
- Written by James B from Tucson
11 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you use any wifi?
- Asked by Robert M
- Jun 15, 2014
Yes. You would normally use your own
- Answered by Michael I from Las Vegas
- Jun 30, 2014
is this printer for just pictures or paper to?
- Asked by Shay G from Hurley
- Jul 25, 2014
No answers yet
What number is the ink cartridges used in HP Photosmart 5520
- Asked by Suzanne B from South Haven
- Jun 24, 2014
Can I print from my macbook air?
- Asked by Angela S
- Jan 15, 2013
Hi there, Yes you can the printer is AirPrint - you can send things to print over WiFi.
- Answered by Jack C
- Feb 17, 2014
Is it compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Laura G from Vancouver
- Dec 15, 2012
What size pictures does this printer print ?
- Asked by Ursula M from Edmonton
- Dec 17, 2012