The HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer gives you the freedom to print wirelessly with ease from your iPhone or iPad. Use the printer's built-in Wi-Fi and connect quickly with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
Convenience and efficiency
Print affordably, using individual inks and automatic printing and copying on both sides of a single page. Also access a library of free apps using the 2.65-inch (6.74 cm) color touchscreen.
Create lab-quality, water-resistant photos without borders, as well as archive-quality documents. Scan photos and everyday documents to email—even without a Mac. You can also use your memory card to print photos directly.
- Print wirelessly and stay connected on the go
- Balance affordable printing and brilliant quality
- Easily save paper and energy
Did you notice?Automatic two-sided printing helps you use up to 50% less paper.
Apple Recommends ForPrint high-quality photos and documents wirelessly from your iPhone or iPad with built-in AirPrint functionality.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer
- Four ink cartridges (Black Ink Cartridge, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Software CD and reference guide;
- Power cord
- Display Size: 6.74 cm/2.65 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 16.06 in./40.79 cm
- Width: 19.37 in./49.2 cm
- Weight: 14.26 lb./6.47 kg
- Length: 7.48 in./19 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 11 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a Mac)
- Color print speed: Up to 8 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a Mac on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 15-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- Intel processor
- 1 GB free hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX042A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112492502
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support.
- *Print speeds and resolutions vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. Well done!!! I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Yannick L from Amherstview
458 of 479 people found this useful
Easy & Quick setup, works great
Probably the easiest printer I've had to set up. It works great with all my i devices. And it looks nice.
- Written by Zdenko D from Lawrence
209 of 220 people found this useful
Worst Printer Ever
This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going to return it!! …
- Written by Millie A from Orlando
134 of 212 people found this useful
Good general printer - Horrible with cardstock
Printer works ok on regular weight paper for most ordinary printing jobs. Scanner is good. Wireless set-up no problem. But if you Printer works ok on regular weight paper for most ordinary printing jobs. Scanner is good. Wireless set-up no problem. But if you are trying to print a more complicated document, there are a lot of problems. The printer tends to increase the bottom margin, cutting off any text - even accounting for the lack of full-bleed and compensatory margins. If you want to use cardstock, forget it. The printer handles the paper differently no matter what settings you use. The alignment is squared up only occasionally. If you are trying to align cardstock double-sided, you are out of luck. Even if you manual feed one sheet at a time and print one-side at a time, it is very difficult to consistently get a good print. Seems the printer is designed for the person who only prints generic documents and the occasional photo, not being very concerned with quality or alignment. …
- Written by Scot C from Bellingham
0 of 1 people found this useful
I purchased this printer from the Apple store with my new desktop. I've had this printer for 14 months and the black ink no longer I purchased this printer from the Apple store with my new desktop. I've had this printer for 14 months and the black ink no longer prints. HP tech offered me a reconditioned printer for $99.00 because the warranty is no longer in effect. Apple should reconsider selling products like this when the reviews indicate problems like this. Very unsatisfied with this HP product. …
- Written by John W from Auburn
this is the noisiest slowest printer aI have ever known. It takes ages to think about what its going to do, then grinds out the p this is the noisiest slowest printer aI have ever known. It takes ages to think about what its going to do, then grinds out the pages before whirring and grinding its way back to sleep. Don't know what HP were thinking! …
- Written by Catherine L from Tairua
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this printer connect with my apple ipad
- Asked by John S
- Mar 10, 2014
Yes, the HP Photosmart 5520 is AirPrint enabled. The printer and iPad must be on the same wifi netw Yes, the HP Photosmart 5520 is AirPrint enabled. The printer and iPad must be on the same wifi network. …
- Answered by Rick S from Vancouver
- Mar 12, 2014
Is this printer compatible with OS X v.10.9
- Asked by J K S
- Dec 7, 2013
It works perfectly. Purchased in December after researching to find the driver update. Thanks
- Answered by J K S
- Feb 12, 2014
Can I print from my macbook air?
- Asked by Angela S
- Jan 15, 2013
Hi there, Yes you can the printer is AirPrint - you can send things to print over WiFi.
- Answered by Jack C
- Feb 17, 2014
Can I print wirelessly from my new ipad with retina display ?
- Asked by Tina N from Richmond
- Nov 13, 2012
Yes, you need to to set it up as Direct connect, then it works .
- Answered by Hing T
- Nov 20, 2012
Can this printer also print from SD card?
- Asked by Lynn A from Village
- Nov 14, 2012