The HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer gives you the freedom to print wirelessly with ease from your iPhone or iPad. Use the printer's built-in Wi-Fi and connect quickly with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
Convenience and efficiency
Print affordably, using individual inks and automatic printing and copying on both sides of a single page. Also access a library of free apps using the 2.65-inch (6.74 cm) color touchscreen.
Create lab-quality, water-resistant photos without borders, as well as archive-quality documents. Scan photos and everyday documents to email—even without a Mac. You can also use your memory card to print photos directly.
- Print wirelessly and stay connected on the go
- Balance affordable printing and brilliant quality
- Easily save paper and energy
Did you notice?Automatic two-sided printing helps you use up to 50% less paper.
Apple Recommends ForPrint high-quality photos and documents wirelessly from your iPhone or iPad with built-in AirPrint functionality.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer
- Four ink cartridges (Black Ink Cartridge, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Software CD and reference guide;
- Power cord
- Display Size: 6.74 cm/2.65 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 16.06 in./40.79 cm
- Width: 19.37 in./49.2 cm
- Weight: 14.26 lb./6.47 kg
- Length: 7.48 in./19 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 11 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a Mac)
- Color print speed: Up to 8 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a Mac on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 15-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- Intel processor
- 1 GB free hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX042A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112492502
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support.
- *Print speeds and resolutions vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. Well done!!! I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Yannick L from Amherstview
613 of 642 people found this useful
Easy & Quick setup, works great
Probably the easiest printer I've had to set up. It works great with all my i devices. And it looks nice.
- Written by Zdenko D from Lawrence
326 of 349 people found this useful
Worst Printer Ever
This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going to return it!! …
- Written by Millie A from Orlando
220 of 357 people found this useful
You get what you pay for!
The print quality is really good, but It jams at least every other time I print something. It also stops in the middle of jobs and The print quality is really good, but It jams at least every other time I print something. It also stops in the middle of jobs and will have to restart. Such a waste of paper and ink. …
- Written by Amanda A from West Liberty
1 of 2 people found this useful
Don't ever buy this printer
The printer doesn't work with wifi at college. it won't set up so i called HP and asked for their help and they told me to get a U The printer doesn't work with wifi at college. it won't set up so i called HP and asked for their help and they told me to get a USB cord which isn't included so i would have to buy one, or that i need to get my own wifi. They blamed apple saying that it is their fault for "not advising buyers to have their own wifi". The printer is honestly the worst investment i have ever made. Seriously, buy any other brand except HP because they are terrible. …
- Written by Lydia S from Cincinnati
3 of 8 people found this useful
Best printer I have ever had. Note that I am not a heavy user. Around 35 pages per month.
- Written by Mario D from Guaynabo
9 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this printer only print photos or does it print documents as well?
- Asked by Megan S from Muncie
- Sep 9, 2014
It prints both and very well too. It's optimised to allow photographs to be printed.
- Answered by David H
- Sep 13, 2014
Yes. Just plug printer into power outlet then follow instructions on printer to connect to your home Yes. Just plug printer into power outlet then follow instructions on printer to connect to your home WIFI network. If mac doesn't automatically recognize and connect with printer, then simply open "PREFERENCES" on your mac, select "PRINTERS" then click the "PLUS" button. Printer will connect, print and scan all WIRELESSLY from your MacBook, iPad or iPhone. No need to plug in directly to a computer. Just make sure they are connected to the SAME WIFI NETWORK. Enjoy! :-) …
- Answered by John R from Denver
- Sep 3, 2014
Does this printer work with windows 8
- Asked by Nicholas W
- Dec 30, 2012
What number is the ink cartridges used in HP Photosmart 5520
- Asked by Suzanne B from South Haven
- Jun 24, 2014
Can you use any wifi?
- Asked by Robert M
- Jun 15, 2014
Yes. You would normally use your own
- Answered by Michael I from Las Vegas
- Jun 30, 2014