Designed for mobile and Mac
Line 6's Mobile Keys 49 controller eliminates worrying about adapters, drivers, or compatibility issues. It directly connects to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or Mac, so you can use a single, great-feeling keyboard every time you want to create. Thanks to class-compliant operation on each platform, Mobile Keys 49 works the first time you plug it in, no driver downloads required.
Ideal for GarageBand, CoreMIDI apps and your favorite DAW
Whether you're in your home studio or on the go, Mobile Keys 49 is designed to work with all your favorite software and apps. Use it with GarageBand and other CoreMIDI multi-track studios, virtual instruments, and drum machines on your mobile devices—or with digital audio workstations such as Logic on your Mac.
Experience up to nine hours of creativity on a single iPad charge, thanks to a new technology platform that enables Mobile Keys 49 to run on less power than similar products. You can connect Mobile Keys 49 directly to your computer, iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad with a single cable and start playing—no adapters, power supply, or batteries needed.
- Premium keybed and 49 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys for expressive playability
- Ideal for GarageBand, other CoreMIDI music apps, and popular digital audio workstations
- Pitch and Mod wheels for expressive effects
- Volume and Pan knobs; Octave Up and Down buttons
- Shift button for accessing advanced functions including Transpose, MIDI Channel, Program Change, Velocity Curve and more
- 1/4-inch Sustain pedal jack; 1/4-inch Expression pedal jack
- USB jack for computer connection
- MIDI Memo Recorder app (free download on App Store) lets you save and restore MIDI settings
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector and USB cable included
- Compatible with iPod touch (3rd, 4th, and 5th* generation), iPhone 5*, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad (3rd and 4th* generation), and iPad mini*, as well as Mac computers
Did you notice?Directly connects to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or computer—no adapters required.
Apple Recommends ForA great music playing experience on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Line 6 Mobile Keys 49 keyboard
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector for mobile devices (3 ft./91.44 cm)
- USB cable for computer connection
- Height: 2.7 in./6.9 cm
- Width: 7 in./17.8 cm
- Weight: 5.13 lb./2.33 kg
- Length: 31.7 in./80.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 99-072-0515
- UPC or EAN No.: 614252020305
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- *Using Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
It's great. Works with all iPads, also as USB controller
When I bought mine, it was the only keyboard controller for the iPad or iPhone. I understand there is also a Samson but I have nev When I bought mine, it was the only keyboard controller for the iPad or iPhone. I understand there is also a Samson but I have never seen one. I use it to play GarageBand instruments in real time, using my iPads as sound modules. It also works as a standard MIDI controller via USB.
It comes with a proprietary cable with a 30pin iPad / iPhone 3/4 connector that plugs into the keyboard. It draws very little power. This also works with the Apple Lightning adapter on an iPhone 5 or my iPad Air.
There is an app for recording MIDI and firmware updates. The keyboard works fine without it. Through the Lightening adapter, iOS7 doesn't notice the app isn't installed. With the 30pin connector on older iPads, a pop-up tells you that the app isn't installed. I have never use the app although I did install it on my 1st gen iPad to get rid of the pop-up.
Why 4 stars? Line6 Support. Still no mention on their site that this works on Lightening connector. It's been a couple of years - you'd think that Line6 would have a lightening cable by now. No matter. Connect the Line6 cable to the Apple 30pin to Lightening Adapter and you're good to go. No mention of this on their web site, though.
This is weird: On 30pin iPads, if the iPad goes to sleep, you have to unplug and reconnect the connector at the keyboard for it to work again. Through the Lightening adapter, this is not an issue - wake up the iPad, you're ready to go.
There is some velocity response as you get with non-weighted keyboards. The unit weighs 5lb 5oz. I'd like to find a decent fitting bag or case - its compact size lets it bounce around in a standard 49 key case.
Overall, this is a great product. …
- Written by Mike H from Sunnyvale
7 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it work well with Logic Pro X?
- Asked by David L from Laval
- Feb 11, 2014
yes it is :)
- Answered by Aquilla A
- Feb 20, 2014
does it work on desktop?
- Asked by Ruben C
- Nov 26, 2013
yes. It works for both Mac and PC
- Answered by Aquilla A
- Feb 20, 2014
Does it create music scores which can be printed?
- Asked by Bonnie G from Rio Vista
- Sep 2, 2013
Will this product work with the Mac Book Pro
- Asked by Fredda L from Vero Beach
- Dec 18, 2012
Is the Line 6 MIDI compatible with input/ output plugs?
- Asked by Thomas M from Forest Hills
- Mar 9, 2013
Does this device have speakers, or will it only play aloud through another device?
- Asked by Jennie B from Hilo
- Jul 19, 2013