Designed for mobile and Mac
Line 6's Mobile Keys 25 controller eliminates worrying about adapters, drivers, or compatibility issues. It directly connects to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or Mac, so you can use a single, great-feeling keyboard every time you want to create. Thanks to class-compliant operation on each platform, Mobile Keys 25 works the first time you plug it in, no driver downloads required.
Ideal for GarageBand, CoreMIDI apps and your favorite DAW
Whether you're in your home studio or on the go, Mobile Keys 25 is designed to work with all your favorite software and apps. Use it with GarageBand and other CoreMIDI multi-track studios, virtual instruments, and drum machines on your mobile devices—or with digital audio workstations such as Logic on your Mac.
Experience up to nine hours of creativity on a single iPad charge, thanks to a new technology platform that enables Mobile Keys 25 to run on less power than similar products. You can connect Mobile Keys 25 directly to your computer, iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad with a single cable and start playing—no adapters, power supply, or batteries needed.
- Premium keybed and 25 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys for expressive playability
- Ideal for GarageBand, other CoreMIDI music apps, and popular digital audio workstations
- Pitch and Mod wheels for expressive effects
- Volume and Pan knobs; Octave Up and Down buttons
- Shift button for accessing advanced functions including Transpose, MIDI Channel, Program Change, Velocity Curve and more
- 1/4-inch Sustain pedal jack; 1/4-inch Expression pedal jack
- USB jack for computer connection
- MIDI Memo Recorder app (free download on App Store) lets you save and restore MIDI settings
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector and USB cable included
- Compatible with iPod touch (3rd, 4th, and 5th* generation), iPhone 5*, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad (3rd and 4th* generation), and iPad mini*, as well as Mac computers
Did you notice?Directly connects to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or computer—no adapters required.
Apple Recommends ForA great music playing experience on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Line 6 Mobile Keys 25 keyboard
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector for mobile devices (3 ft./91.44 cm)
- USB cable for computer connection
- Height: 2.7 in./6.9 cm
- Width: 7 in./17.8 cm
- Weight: 2.63 lb./1.19 kg
- Length: 18.7 in./47.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 99-072-0505
- UPC or EAN No.: 614252020206
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
- *Using Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
I Love It!
I love this little keyboard. I use it in Garage Band all the time. It just makes the keyboard functions so much easier. What I I love this little keyboard. I use it in Garage Band all the time. It just makes the keyboard functions so much easier. What I wish that could be done is modifying the Mod wheel for use in the B3 organ mode to control the Leslie rotor speed. I also wish i would have splurged a little on the 49-note keyboard instead of the 2 octave. I actually like using my iPad as an instrument, so the 25 note is a little prohibitive as far as actual music production is concerned. It's easy to travel with and super-easy to use. It's literally plug and play. Very versatile. I will be getting the 49-note keyboard in the near future, though. …
- Written by Josh B from Norman
7 of 9 people found this useful
It is basic and works with GarageBand. All I had to do is plug it in and choose the instrument and create music. Nothing fancy abo It is basic and works with GarageBand. All I had to do is plug it in and choose the instrument and create music. Nothing fancy about it and it does the job. What is nice is that it has a USB plugin which will work with a Mac based computer. …
- Written by Roland G from Carlsbad
144 of 155 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this have a headphone jack? I like to use headphones with my instrument so that I can hear myself better. If not, would anybody know of anThanks!
- Asked by Mary L from Staten Island
- Jan 12, 2014
I don't even own one - I'm going to be buying one today! - but I know the answer to this! NO it does I don't even own one - I'm going to be buying one today! - but I know the answer to this! NO it does not - BUT - it doesn't need one! This keyboard generates NO sound of its own, but simply drives the sound coming out of the iPad/iPhone. So you simply plug your headphone or earbuds into your iPhone or iPad and listen! Voila! Just like listening to music - because that's what you're creating! Same would apply to a Mac or PC via MIDI - use the headphone with the sound card or device you're using. …
- Answered by James T from Crestwood
- Jan 22, 2014
does it record what I play into music notation that can be printed?
- Asked by Jim W from North Haven
- Nov 20, 2012
Yes! I use Finale with this keyboard to use the "hyperscribe" feature to record right into notation. Yes! I use Finale with this keyboard to use the "hyperscribe" feature to record right into notation. It'll work with any CoreMIDI program. This works GREAT for composition! And you can easily change octaves up and down with it too, right from the octave +/- keys on the keyboard itself. …
- Answered by Janna P from Clackamas
- Feb 2, 2013
Can this connect to other General MIDI instruments?
- Asked by Bernist P from Beaufort
- May 20, 2013
The only I/O that is on the instrument controller is the two for the expression/sustain pedals and t The only I/O that is on the instrument controller is the two for the expression/sustain pedals and the connector for the 30-pin cable or the USB that they provide. There are no MIDI-specific channels that are present. Unfortunately, I cannot say without doubt that it will work on other MIDI instruments, unless they have USB. …
- Answered by Josh B from Norman
- Nov 5, 2013
Can an adapter be used to connect to the iPad mini? If yes, which adapter?
- Asked by Heather K from Mcallen
- Nov 15, 2012
Yes- check out the 30 pin to Lightning adapters. There's one that's just a block that adapts it to t Yes- check out the 30 pin to Lightning adapters. There's one that's just a block that adapts it to the old 30-pin connection, and one that's also a cord too. Both work great with this. …
- Answered by Janna P from Clackamas
- Feb 2, 2013
Can this be made to sound like a piano accordion?
- Asked by Luis C from Norwalk
- Dec 8, 2012