Escort's SmartRadar Apple Pack makes it even easier to stay protected while you drive.
Simple to install
Mount SmartRadar on your dash and connect the power cord. Download the free Escort Live app for your iPhone from iTunes, register your unit, and you're ready to hit the road.
Easy to operate
Start your car, activate the app, and you're connected to the world's most informative Social Driving Network.
You're in control
Configure SmartRadar to provide maximum alert performance with minimum false alerts using your iPhone.
- Free Escort Live app lets you choose either the map or the dashboard display on your iPhone
- Eliminate false alerts on daily commutes and regular routes using mark location;
- Get notifications of Speed Limit changes and warnings when you exceed your specified limit
- Alerts to locations of all red light and fixed speed camera in North America with the award-winning Defender database
- Receive automatic Defender database updates whenever you're “Escort Live”
- Live traffic information
- Next-generation radar detection technology for superior all-band radar detection
- Multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning with outstanding off-axis protection
- AutoSensitivity mode intelligently identifies real threats from other radar sources
- Exclusive Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software rejects interstate traffic sensors for even quieter operation
- Mute and AutoMute automatically reduce the volume level during an alert to eliminate annoyance from long radar encounters
Did you notice?Mark known speed-trap locations so you'll no longer be surprised by law enforcement presence.
Apple Recommends ForProtect yourself from unwanted tickets with alerts to your iPhone working in conjunction with the best detection technology.
What's in the Box?
- Escort SmartRadar receiver
- SmartRadar Apple Pack cord
- SmartRadar windshield mounts
- User manual
- Universal air vent swivel mount
- Height : 1.25 in./3.2 cm
- Width : 3.25 in./8.25 cm
- Weight : 7.2 oz./204.12 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 0100015-1
- UPC or EAN No. : 737795555421
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
This has saved me the cost many times over
This is a wonderful product. I have the Escort 9500ix and it's coupled with the Escort Live app.
This product REALLY works!!!
I have detected the police operating their speed trap shops more than 5 miles away and avoided shopping at their establishments because of this product. If you don't want to pay through the nose for driving, this will help you to do it. You know in advance where the cameras are located, where the speed traps are set up and when they are trying to catch you napping. In addition to the other things, the gps info and locations are awesome.
You can't go wrong with this combo. Try it, you'll LOVE it. …
- Written by Frank S M from Pinellas Park
15 of 18 people found this useful
Best radar detector for iPhone!
After researching radar detectors online and reading just about every review out there, it came down to either this, or the cobra iradar. Every review and test I found, showed the Escort SmartRadar out shining the cobra iradar in every aspect. Miles equal minutes! Wen your on the thruway or just around town, the sensitivity of this detector has amazed me! Definitely would recommend this to all iPhone owners! …
- Written by Jason B from Blasdell
23 of 24 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Rory J from Mississauga
- Oct 8, 2012
Radar detectors are legal in some parts of Canada. Alberta,BC,Saskatchewan are legal. Manitoba and Ontario forbids them. I do not know about rest of the country. …
- Answered by Albert D from Sherwood Park
- Oct 12, 2012
- Asked by Sy H from Austin
- Mar 21, 2013
Yes, your iPhone can do it, but it does use some data.
- Answered by Frank S M from Pinellas Park
- Apr 1, 2013
- Asked by Jean-pierre L from Vancouver
- Dec 8, 2012
Does this have to be mounted on the dash/exposed to work, or will it work if below the dash in a bin?
- Asked by Jason K from Lakeland
- Jul 15, 2012
This particular design is a windshield-mounted radar detector. It must have a full, clear view of th e road to work at as designed. However, Escort does offer "hidden" radar detectors that have the receiver antennas mounted in the grill of the automobile. …
- Answered by Tom B from Topeka
- Jul 25, 2012
- Asked by Scott S from Colorado Springs
- Jun 17, 2012
The product that is available in the Apple Store includes a power-plug that is designed for the ciga rette-lighter plug in your car. Escort offers direct-wiring options separately, as well as battery-powered radar detectors.
There is no cost to install it. It mounts on your windshield using the provided windshield mounting clips.
Once you launch the app, it will run continuously, unless the iPhone is out-of-range for 15 minutes (and causes the app to disconnect), or you quit the app. However, you can always re-connect to the app after a time-out.
It does not auto-activate, because that's not always the appropriate thing to do in all circumstances. …
- Answered by Tom B from Topeka
- Jul 25, 2012