Belkin’s WeMo Switch + Motion work together to let you use motion to turn almost anything in your home on or off. A heater, a lamp, your stereo, you name it—if you can plug it in, you can control it with WeMo Switch + Motion. WeMo works on on any iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad running iOS 5 or later. With the free WeMo app, you tell WeMo Switch + Motion what to do when motion is sensed. With multiple WeMo Switches, you can control as much or as little of your home as you like.
- Works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
- Modular system—easily add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors at any time
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, whether you're at home or away
- Six-foot power cord and 10-foot motion sensitivity range allow for optimal placement of sensor
- Put your home electronics on a schedule, telling them when to come on and when to turn off
- Free WeMo app
Did you notice?The free WeMo app adds remote home control functionality to your iOS devices.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your electronics on or off—from anywhere—using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your home Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- One Belkin WeMo Switch
- One Belkin WeMo Sensor
- User manual
- Mfr. Part Number: F5C0340fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868864197
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
App controls the WeMo Switch and WeMo Motion.
The iPhone home remote. Control stuff in your home – from anywhere.
Belkin’s new WeMo system is a family of simple, ingenious products that use your iPhone and your home Wi-Fi® network to connect you to the things and people you love. WeMo is your home at your fingertips.
WeMo can control just about anything.
With WeMo you can turn on a light from another room, or turn it off from across town. You can put your home on a schedule—living room lights go on in the evening, kids’ TV goes off at bedtime. You can check to make sure you turned the iron off, after you’ve already left. WeMo Switch is the iPhone home remote.
The Complete WeMo System.
The WeMo App runs on your iPhone and controls any electronic device you plug into a WeMo Switch—if you can plug it in, you can turn it on or off with WeMo. And WeMo Motion lets you control the devices when motion is detected. Have the floor lamp go on when you enter the living room, and turn off when you leave.
WeMo Switch and WeMo Motion are available at major retailers.
The WeMo family of products is great at automating repetitive tasks, and at allowing you to control your household in ways you’d never thought possible.
The beauty of WeMo is it’s completely modular. You can control as much or as little of your home as you like. Control one light, one room, or the whole house. There’s no limit to what WeMo can do. If you can think of it, you can probably do it with WeMo. WeMo is your home at your fingertips.
Check out the WeMo community at https://getsatisfaction.com/belkinwemo …
Ratings & Reviews
This product is great. It works perfectly. I have my living room lamps plugged into it. They go on when I enter the room, and shut This product is great. It works perfectly. I have my living room lamps plugged into it. They go on when I enter the room, and shut off 5 minutes after I leave. The sensor works perfectly. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about. Also, you can set it to only turn them on during certain hours so the lights aren't coming on during the day. …
- Written by Ryan A from Brockville
78 of 99 people found this useful
One Location Only
The iPhone App will only work with one location (one Router). I try to set it up with my home and vacation home, failed. Otherwise The iPhone App will only work with one location (one Router). I try to set it up with my home and vacation home, failed. Otherwise, it's working really well. …
- Written by James C from Riverside
45 of 55 people found this useful
OK except IFTTT doesn't work reliably
1. I haven't had a any problems with setup or operation on our home wifi.
2. The WeMo app controls the switches both The Good:
1. I haven't had a any problems with setup or operation on our home wifi.
2. The WeMo app controls the switches both locally and via 4G.
1. WeMo app crashes pretty often on my iphone 5 - maybe 1 out of 5 times the app is opened.
2. WeMo integration with IFTTT is pretty unreliable. I have a switch setup to turn on a lamp at dusk and then off at a set time. The on time can vary by 2 or 3 hours from day to day and same with the off time.
3. Switch status has to be manually refreshed when viewing with the app to see the latest switch state.
4. The motion sensor takes some moving around to get it to operate a switch like I wanted. For example, I put it in the TV room and set it up to turn off the lights when no one is in the room. Turns out you can't put it 10 ft away from the couch and have it detect any but large motions. Moving your head or an arm won't always be detected. It it is only a 3 or 4 feet away it will detect small motions that occur while being a zombie in front of the TV. …
- Written by Robert H from Arlington
35 of 47 people found this useful
The switches when they do work, which is almost never, are intermittent. Issues connecting to wireless routers, issues with Remote The switches when they do work, which is almost never, are intermittent. Issues connecting to wireless routers, issues with Remote Access, no support from Belkin other than referring me to the setup guide. Keep away from this product! There are better alternatives. …
- Written by Chris B from Edmonton
I had purchased this product with the hope that I could use it to control items in our winter home in the south.
After spending a I had purchased this product with the hope that I could use it to control items in our winter home in the south.
After spending a great deal of time trying to get this unit to operate properly I have give up.
I would not trust the WeMo to control anything. …
- Written by Derek R from Markham
Complete and utter piece of junk. Totally unreliable with virtually no range. Regularly drops out requiring resetting and at the t Complete and utter piece of junk. Totally unreliable with virtually no range. Regularly drops out requiring resetting and at the time of writing this review it refuses to see my wifi - Rarely have I been this unimpressed! …
- Written by Dave F from High Wycombe
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged in It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged into the switch when to turn on/off. Yes, you do have to buy a separate switch. …
- Answered by Urick M from Yonkers
- Nov 10, 2012
will it turn my tv on, or just have the tv go to standby
- Asked by Martin C
- Jan 11, 2013
This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answ This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answer this is to test the TV as follows.
Without the Belkin Wemo Switch connected if you connect the TV to the power socket. Does it go into standby or does it power on. If it goes into standby mode, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo Switch will do. If it powers on, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo switch will do.
The Belkin Wemo switch cuts off the power supply and initiates the power supply back to the device either through its motion sensor or Wemo App. …
- Answered by Belkin Uk 1
- Feb 11, 2013
Does this product capable of dual voltage?
- Asked by Christopher F from Apo
- Jul 1, 2012
It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They d It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They don't mention that you can also control via SMS & email &......
The list is endless. Got mine to control the boiler, far better than a timer …
- Answered by Huw L
- Oct 22, 2012