OverviewKanex ATV Pro provides an easy way to mirror and stream your new iPad, iPad 2, or iPhone 4S content directly to a VGA projector. It links your projector and Apple TV, so you can view and share information via AirPlay.
- AirPlay mirroring for VGA projectors
- No external power required
- Built-in 3.5mm audio jack
Did you notice?There's no need for an external power supply.
Apple Recommends ForGreat for sharing visual content with students in classrooms that have an Apple iPad and Apple TV.
What's in the Box?
- Kanex ATV Pro
- Mfr. Part Number : ATVPRO
- UPC or EAN No. : 814556014653
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit http://kanexlive.com/company/warranty.html)
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Great for teachers
Purchased the adapter to connect an Apple TV to a VGA projector. I teach at the high school level and having to be tethered to a computer to show videos, presentations or photos was not practical. The setup was simple and to the point. Connected the Apple TV and VGA cable to the Kanex adapter. I have my Apple TV connected to a wifi network so I can use airplay on my iPad. The added feature of audio out is a great benefit when showing videos from my iPad. Picture quality is definitely not HD but it gets the job done. This is a great, small, lightweight product for connecting devices to a VGA. …
- Written by DANIEL M from Byron
260 of 268 people found this useful
***It Works Great With Apple Tv Too!
I got this right when it can out to hookup my Apple Tv to my older projector. It just works great with monitors and TV's with VGA ports where there is no HDMI port.
- Written by Robert G from Madison
200 of 210 people found this useful
Using with my old home theatre projector
At first I was a bit annoyed because when I had it hooked up with my Apple Tv... the Apple Tv was video flashing on and off at the projector. I found out later it was because I was using too long of a VGA cable (50ft). Then I switch to a shorter cable (25ft) and the silly problem went away. Sorry it has been a great solution for not having a HDMI ready projector. I just use the optical out on the Apple Tv so I don't know how well the Audio Support works. …
- Written by Eli G from KITCHENER
190 of 198 people found this useful
incompatible cable with powerbook
This cable is recommended for connecting an Epson projector with a vga port to a power book, in What Cable Do You Need on the Sto re website. The computer doesn't recognize it nor does the projector. After 60 plus dollars, how many cables do I need in order to connect various computers, Ipads to my projector which is two years old? And is it really that difficult to find the correct one? …
- Written by thomas B from Makawao
1 of 11 people found this useful
For what it is . . . . .
The device works to a degree. It does not recognize HDCP and thus is basically useless. I downloaded a video from iTunes for my iP ad. When I connected to my vga projector I kept getting a HDCP error and it would not play. Using it in the classroom with my iPad, it works with most of my appications and does a fair job.
I would not recommend it for most users. There are less expensive ways to go that work much better. …
- Written by William F from Teton
1 of 1 people found this useful
Does what i want
i have it connected to my ATV 3 through my Pioneer amp and out to a 720P VGA projector. I've had no problems at all and it certain ly simplifies things by not having to have yet another power source! …
- Written by Jaimini H from fairfield
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Lucille K from Beverly Hills
- Jul 14, 2012
You would need the Apple Digital AV adapter, and an HDMI cable to connect to the Adapter and the TV . Any apple store would have both these in stock. …
- Answered by Geoffrey C from Springfield
- Jul 29, 2012
- Asked by Richard J from Flushing
- Feb 24, 2013
No answers yet
Will it work plugged into the hdmi out port of my amplifier if my Atv3 is connected to an hdmi in port on my amplifier?
- Asked by Jaimini H from Fairfield
- Jan 29, 2013
- Asked by Scott D from Lemont
- Oct 22, 2012
Bad advice. I bought it and it does not support hdcp content. As far as I can find, unless you have a projector with HDMI you are out of luck for streaming videos from an iPad to a projector. …
- Answered by Scott D from Joliet
- Feb 20, 2013
Is that possible to plug on that device only audio speakers via the Jack 3.5 plug and use them with AirPlay ?
- Asked by Alexandre M
- Feb 2, 2013
- Asked by Ben N from Oberon
- Jan 7, 2013
No, it doesn't, since ATV Pro is does not require external power adapter to power on, it extracts p ower from HDMI sources like apple tv, in this case the newer mac book pro retina displays do not support power enough to ATV Pro, therefore it will not display or work with newer mac book pros. …
- Answered by Kashyap K from Brea
- Jan 10, 2013