OverviewMoshi's iGlaze case for MacBook is designed for anyone who prefers a minimalist approach that still provides plenty of protection. This polycarbonate casing is remarkably thin, lightweight, and extremely durable—with an outer surface coating that delivers superior scratch resistance. The two-piece construction allows installation or removal in seconds and it's 100% compatible with Moshi's full line of protection for MacBook.
- Ultra-thin and lightweight protection for your MacBook
- Specialized coating that accentuates MacBook's elegance
- Raised rubber feet and an unobstructed vent for better heat dissipation
- Full access to all ports and the MagSafe connector
- Apple logo elegantly shines through the case
Did you notice?A special outer coating adds scratch resistance to keep the case and your Mac pristine.
Apple Recommends ForTough protection that complements the beauty of your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi iGlaze Shell Case for MacBook
- Height : 0.3 in./0.76 cm
- Width : 9 in./22.86 cm
- Weight : 8.8 oz./249.48 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 99MO054902
- UPC or EAN No. : 4712052312975
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : Limited lifetime
Ratings & Reviews
So far, so good
I got the translucent iGlaze for my 13" MBA, and so far it's great: super thin, fits the computer very well, and the finish is mat te without having that sort of rubberized coating that so often peels off. The case feels like it has just enough flex that it won't be brittle and crack, too. Compared with the competition — or what I've seen of it — the iGlaze seems like a winner. …
- Written by Jim P from Houston
117 of 119 people found this useful
Love it! (but beware of the one con..)
When I a little dent into my new air when my phone fell onto it, I decided it was time for a hard case. After doing a lot of rese arch and seeing the common problem of shells breaking very easily, I picked this Moshi in pearl white, based on reviews indicating that it was a bit more sturdy than others.
Pros: sturdy-doesn't feel like it will break too easily and makes my computer feel much more durable. Color- more opaque than expected but still looks quite nice. And I also appreciate that it is totally smooth along the bottom (where your wrists are when you are typing). Super easy to put on, and seemingly easy to take off.
Con: When the case is on design doesnt allow the screen to open very far. I think I will find this quite annoying considering that Im more often than not using my computer in settings other than a standard desk/table (But, I would think this is a common problem with most cases)
Overall the pros outweigh the con and I think that of the options out there this is a great choice. …
- Written by Molly H from Washington
111 of 121 people found this useful
I was skeptical of buying a shell case for my new MacBook Air, but decided to give the Moshi case a try. It has proved to be a sp ectacular purchase. First of all, it seems almost invisible on the Air -- the clear/frosted finish makes the overall look of the computer virtually unchanged. Second, the fit and construction is superb. Easy to install, yet the fit is snug and absolutely form fitting. Finally, it does not impact the use of the Air at all. No binding in the back when open, easy to open and close. This is an absolute winner of a product. One bit of advice: Before installing, clean the outside of the Air very carefully. The cover is clear enough that even small bits of dust show through. No sense in having a beautiful look marred by fingerprints or stray dust. …
- Written by Tyler C from Tiburon
102 of 104 people found this useful
Looks great, doesn't last
At first receipt, I loved this case. Life caught up quick and the case did not stand up to it. First failing, less than a 2 foot d rop in a bag off the back of my roller luggage. Lower from right corner of MBA 13 bent, case cracked. An even smaller drop out of a chair, also in the bag, the upper rear iGlaze case cracked on both corners. Between drops, while only in use for about 5 months, 2 rubber pads disappeared from the bottom of the case. Summary - Looks great at first, doesn't last. Disappointed relative to the high cost. Maybe OK for people that just want scratch protection and good looks. Not for travelers. …
- Written by Steve M from Atlanta
worst case ever
i had a friends MacBook with this case on and set it down,just a litle too hard,and the case snapped in half! I had to buy her a n ew one,the computer was ok,but the case wassnt …
- Written by Cas S from Clymer
Moshi 13" iGlaze Shell CASE for MacBook Air
This is the worst PRODUCT EVER! Extremely poor quality . The CASE is like a thin crisp flat bread. Unfortunately, now my laptop ha s not case and I need one. but i don't what to lose my money again. …
- Written by Magaly S
0 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Brianan C from Dysart
- Apr 7, 2013
No, I wanted one for my older macbook 13" but was unable to find one. The Retina Display model is d ifferent and will not work. …
- Answered by Timothy M from Kokomo
- Apr 10, 2013
- Asked by David F from Broomall
- Feb 27, 2013
Does the frost white case turn yellow after time? I find that most cases that have the soft white texture start to discolor after awhile.
- Asked by Jeff N from Westland
- Aug 13, 2012
I don't want my MBA to be too bulky because I will be commuting to and from school, will this keep it protected while looking thin and sleek?
- Asked by Vivian R from Fresh Meadows
- Aug 9, 2012
- Asked by Kayla M from Mount Airy
- Dec 31, 2012
The back of the Shell Case is open to the venting port on the MacBook Air. While no additional vents are in the Shell Case, I've found they are not needed. …
- Answered by Chris B from Vancouver
- Mar 14, 2013
- Asked by Nicolette T from Denver
- Jan 4, 2013
Yes. As long as you pop it all the way on there are no restrictions on the movement. It takes 60s to install. …
- Answered by Michelle D from North Andover
- Jan 26, 2013