Cobra iRadar is the first radar/laser/camera detection system to integrate with the iPhone. Using Bluetooth wireless technology, iRadar enables you to view radar alerts, control settings, log alert history, and receive warnings of upcoming speed and red-light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections.
Detects all radar and laser guns
Full 14-Band protection from X-Band radar, K-Band radar, Ka-Band radar, POP mode, VG-2, all six laser types, and Safety Alert.
Bluetooth® Enabled Unit
Built-in Bluetooth easily and quickly pairs with your iPhone or iPod touch.
Alerts sound through the speaker while visual alerts are shown on iPhone through the free Cobra iRadar app.
Get warnings about the presence or approach of emergency vehicles, railroad crossings, and road hazard locations equipped with Cobra's exclusive Safety Alert transmitters.
Keep track of radar/laser alerts detected.
Speedometer and compass
Automatically get accurate electronic speed and direction headings.
User your iPhone or iPod touch to configure the iRadar unit.
AURA™ Speed & Red Light Camera Database Included
Gives iPhone users continuously updated access to Cobra's industry-leading verified data.
- See radar detector alerts on your iPhone
- Drive safer with speed and red-light camera warnings
- View your alert history on an interactive map screen
- Truly innovative, technologically advanced, and user-friendly
- Works with free iRadar app available from the App Store in iTunes
- Includes iPhone or iPod touch mount
Did you notice?Award-winning technology alerts you to radar, laser guns, and speed and red-light cameras for a safer driving experience.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your iPhone or iPod touch into a powerful radar detector.
What's in the Box?
- Cobra iRadar detection hardware
- 12V power adapter with USB charging port
- Suction cup mount
- Dash mount
- Quick start guide
- iPhone//iPod touch mount
- Height: 1.15 in./2.92 cm
- Width: 2.92 in./7.42 cm
- Weight: 5.01 oz./142.03 g
- Length: 4.22 in./10.72 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: IRAD500
- UPC or EAN No.: 028377106125
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
- Requires use of free Cobra iRadar app for full functionality.
iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. Now you can share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra’s AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
Cobra iRadar App:
• Shows visual alerts from the Cobra iRadar detector on the iPhone *
• Allows you to submit and receive locations of Live Police, Red Light Cameras, Speed Cameras, and Caution Areas from other members of the iRadar community
• Displays live radar and laser alert information from all iRadar users
• Warns of upcoming speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections with AURA, the industry’s premier 100% verified camera database.
Cobra iRadar Detector unit:
• Detects all radar & laser guns used by Law Enforcement
• Provides full 360-degree protection
• Reduces false alerts with City/Highway Mode
Award Winning App
• Mac | Life's Most Innovative Product, CES 2011
• 2011 IDSA International Design Excellence Award
• 2011 CES Innovations Award Winner
• 2011 Chicago Innovation Award Finalist
• 2010 SEMA Best New Product in Mobile Electronics Runner-Up
• 2010 SEMA Global Media Award Winner
"Saved me from no fewer than five different tickets already. It is fantastic." -Clayton Morris, Fox News Channel
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
This product is awesome. Great interaction between sensor and iPhone
I've had this for over two months now and it has been extremely accurate. Plus the "social" aspect of users reporting speed traps I've had this for over two months now and it has been extremely accurate. Plus the "social" aspect of users reporting speed traps, live police etc is brilliant. I have been forewarned of every police car setup along the road. The price is great and I haven't had a single problem with it. It pairs quickly and easily and connects automatically every time I get in the car over 90% of the time. I love it, its the best accessory I've ever bought for the iPhone (and I've bought tons....) …
- Written by Timothy W from Durham
80 of 86 people found this useful
Having owned the iRadar for over a year now, I must say the performance hasn't disappointed. In its earlier iterations, the cobra Having owned the iRadar for over a year now, I must say the performance hasn't disappointed. In its earlier iterations, the cobra app had a few glitches, which seem to have been ironed out more recently. The only remaining issue is the apparent lack of feedback from user marked areas. The hardware itself is minimalistic, and with single LED display, doesn't lend itself to being a detector. When stopped for a busted taillight, the officer never took note of it sitting below my rear view mirror. Detection performance is great, I have only come across a few false alarms, which can be marked via the iPhone's GPS. Addressing the cigarette lighter durability issue, I solved that with a hardwire kit. It also cleaned up the dashboard immensely, but only install it if you're confident in your knowledge of your cars 12 volt system. …
- Written by Matthew S from Salem
70 of 77 people found this useful
Product is Awesome
I have used this for about 2 months now and i love it. I havent had any problems and it did good enough that i think it deserves a I have used this for about 2 months now and i love it. I havent had any problems and it did good enough that i think it deserves a better review. This has saved me from getting caught in speed traps and has some really cool features. The only down side is that it doesn't have a place to put your iphone but i have a magnetic case on my iphone that holds it into place on my dash. If you want a radar detector then i suggest getting this one. …
- Written by Tyler F from Harrisonville
68 of 73 people found this useful
Best of the many radar detecters I've owned!
I have owned quite a few radar detectors over the years, some cheap, some expensive, but this one has worked the best for me. Firs I have owned quite a few radar detectors over the years, some cheap, some expensive, but this one has worked the best for me. First off, just like other people here, I like the single light which is red or blue depending on if your phone is connected. I don't need all sorts of flashing and blinking lights in my face while driving, and especially if I do get pulled over. Also, contrary to what many people think, this radar detector will work without your phone, however it is limited. I am alerted well in advance of a police car, so well in fact that I have been alerted before I am able to see the police car at all! The database of cameras and the user reports are also very helpful, and I can easily see what's nearby on the map. There is also a speed limit feature that you can set to a particular speed, and it will alert you when you exceed it, which is useful for the highway. I have personally never had an issue with this radar detector in the entire time I have had it.
For those that say it doesn't work, drove right by a cop car, etc. please remember this: This item is a RADAR DETECTOR, NOT A COP DETECTOR. An officer MUST HAVE IS RADAR ON for you to be alerted. Also keep in mind that an officer doesn't always need his radar to stop you for speeding. If he is behind you, he can use his own speedometer as a reference while estimating your speed. Therefore, your radar detector is not necessarily broken if you happen to come up on a patrol car without an alert. …
- Written by Joe S from Orlando
8 of 8 people found this useful
Not completely what I was looking for
Many police vehicles have passed by me and the detector did not alarm. Also it kept on alerting me for false alerts all the time o Many police vehicles have passed by me and the detector did not alarm. Also it kept on alerting me for false alerts all the time on the highway. …
- Written by Noor A from Hawthorne
7 of 22 people found this useful
I knew the iradar wasn't as good as a Passport or Escort or Valentine, but I thought I would try it so I bought it 2 days ago. I I knew the iradar wasn't as good as a Passport or Escort or Valentine, but I thought I would try it so I bought it 2 days ago. I was stopped this morning by a state trooper and there wasn't as much as a squeak from the iradar. He only gave me a warning, but it's also a warning that the iradar is worthless. Glad to know now with just a warning. I'm returning it to the store today.
Don't waste your time buying the iradar and possibly get a ticket. …
- Written by William H from Madison
15 of 27 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does it work with photo radar? will it work with iphone 5S? does is work outside the U.S? (south america)
- Asked by Leonardo O from Miami
- Sep 25, 2013
I just bought the iRadar last week for my iPhone 5 and it works fine with my 5
- Answered by Brian S from Provo
- Jun 20, 2013
My iPhone connects to my car's audio system via bluetooth. Would I be able to have the Cobra system and the car audio connected simultaniously?
- Asked by Higinio R from Humacao
- Nov 9, 2012
Yes. I do this with my 4S on a 2013 Altima.
- Answered by Giancarlo B from Gainesville
- Mar 25, 2013
Does it require a data plan to function?
- Asked by Sydney S from Brandon
- Nov 27, 2012
You don't need a data plan for the radar detector portion to work, but a cellular data plan is requi You don't need a data plan for the radar detector portion to work, but a cellular data plan is required for the Cobra iRadar app to fully function. (With a data connection, it allows you to tap to report live police activity at your current location, and to receive other similar warnings created recently by other iRadar users.) Without a data connection, you're not really getting much benefit out of the whole point of linking the iPhone and a radar detector together. …
- Answered by Tom W from Poolesville
- Feb 1, 2013