Square is a revolutionary service that allows you to accept credit cards, using a reader that plugs into your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad along with a free easy-to-use app. There's no need for complicated contracts, monthly fees, or merchant accounts. All you pay is 2.75% per transaction. You can download the free app from the App Store to easily run your business and track analytics. Square is available for use in the U.S. and Canada.
- Free and easy to use; plug in the free Square Reader to accept credit cards on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards
- Download free Square app from App Store in iTunes
- Flat rate of 2.75% per transaction
- Know exactly what you pay thanks to no transaction fees, no monthly fees, and no commitments
- Make informed decisions with real-time sales data and reports
- Track sales, tips, and tax and quickly export into Quickbooks for accounting purposes
- Record cash payments, track sales history, and more
- Send receipts via email or text message
- Square Reader keeps credit card information secure
- Get paid quickly; funds are automatically sent to your bank account for deposit
- Receive $10 instantly when you activate your Square account
Did you notice?You can use the same account on as many devices as needed. Download the free Square app and log in using the same account information.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants to accept credit cards on their iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Square Credit Card reader
- Card with $10 redemption code
- iOS 5.0 or later
- Square app; free download from App Store in iTunes
- Mfr. Part Number: A-PKG-0109-1
- UPC or EAN No.: 855658003206
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Accept credit cards and run your business on the go and in store with Square Register. Process Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express, pay just 2.75% per swipe, and access your funds in 1-2 business days. No monthly fees, commitments, or surprises.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Download Square Register.
2. Sign up and request your free Square Reader.
3. Plug in your Square Reader and start taking payments.
2.75% PER SWIPE
Swipe $100, see $97.25 in your bank account. Accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express at the same rate.
Square deposits payments into your bank account in 1-2 business days.
FREE SECURE CARD READER
Request your free Square Reader at sign-up. Credit card information is encrypted at swipe.
COMPLETE POINT OF SALE
Transform an iPad into a complete point of sale. Square Register for iPad works with receipt printers, kitchen ticket printers, cash drawers, and barcode scanners.
BACK OFFICE TOOLS
Sign in to your web dashboard to access all your business data plus tools to help you make sense of it.
FREE ONLINE STORE
Open an online store for free in Square Market. Sell in person and online with Square.
Square Register has everything you need to start, run and grow your business from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Get the latest in point of sale features with app updates.
- Swipe or key in all major credit cards
- Record cash, gift cards, and other forms of tender
- Accept Square Wallet mobile payments
- Customize your pdocuts with photos, names, and prices
- Customers sign and tip right on your device
- Send receipts via email or text message
- Apply discounts, create order modifiers, issue refunds
- Access real-time sales data and complete sales history
- Sync hardware with Square Register for iPad
- Reconcile your cash drawer
- Print receipts and kitchen tickets
- Connect barcode scanner
- Set employee logins and permissions …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
this is so much easier and cheaper than my credit card machine! allows me to even send receipt in a text or email!
- Written by MONICA L from HOUSTON
440 of 464 people found this useful
Very useful for Crafters
It was great to be at a craft fair and be able to take credit when most others don't. The only downfall is, obviously, because it It was great to be at a craft fair and be able to take credit when most others don't. The only downfall is, obviously, because it is based on your phone, you need a good connection for it to work. …
- Written by Nicole H from Montgomery
348 of 364 people found this useful
No more confusing statements no more being ripped off by credit card processors. One honest fee. Canceled my other CC possessor. No more confusing statements no more being ripped off by credit card processors. One honest fee. Canceled my other CC possessor. Thia is a GREAT product …
- Written by John A from Spring
341 of 360 people found this useful
Great App-sketchy reader
The app is genius. Clean simple product that gets the job done beautifully and allows CC sales anywhere. The reader is poor though The app is genius. Clean simple product that gets the job done beautifully and allows CC sales anywhere. The reader is poor though. I have two of them and found them both to be very unreliable at reading cards irrespective of the condition of the card. This means manual entry that adds cost to the transaction-not good. If they fixed the reader I would give it en stars. …
- Written by Mark D from Palm Springs
4 of 4 people found this useful
Reader is really small! So easy to carry around. App is easy to use. Now I don't have to turn people away because I can't take cre Reader is really small! So easy to carry around. App is easy to use. Now I don't have to turn people away because I can't take credit cards. …
- Written by Martin P from San Francisco
3 of 3 people found this useful
Square Card Reader iphone 5 Problems
Square worked great with my iPhone 4. Not so much with my iPhone 5. Service is intermittant at best using 4G LTE. Wi-Fi is better. Square worked great with my iPhone 4. Not so much with my iPhone 5. Service is intermittant at best using 4G LTE. Wi-Fi is better. I had to switch to Square's competition. Squares user interface and reporting is much better than their competition. I would have given this product 5 stars on my iPhone 4. …
- Written by Kevin B from Wildwood
17 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If the credit card is not present how do you manually enter the credit card info and what info do you need to do this
- Asked by Harry C from Dallas
- Nov 15, 2011
Upon pressing the dollar sign icon in the top-right corner of the app, you have the ability to tap " Upon pressing the dollar sign icon in the top-right corner of the app, you have the ability to tap "Credit Card Number." Simply enter the desired credit card number, and tap "Authorize" for the transaction. When the signature page appears, write "card not present" or "CNP" in print. …
- Answered by Nathan S from Dallas
- Jan 18, 2012
can I use square creidt card reader with ipad air
- Asked by Leslie W from Yelm
- Nov 5, 2013
The square reader works with all iPad, iPhones, and iPod Touches, so yes it will work with the iPad The square reader works with all iPad, iPhones, and iPod Touches, so yes it will work with the iPad Air …
- Answered by Paul B from San Francisco
- Nov 12, 2013
I work for a company that offers both Fitness and Parking membership. Is it possible to differentiate what each payment is for with with Square?
- Asked by Amanda G from Melrose
- Nov 15, 2013
No answers yet
Can the square be shared and used by multiple people?
- Asked by Mark S from Newark
- Aug 29, 2013
Does anyone use this for a non-profit?
- Asked by Steven S from Houston
- Sep 3, 2013
Yes. We use this at our volunteer rescue squad for donations. People do not always carry cash anymor Yes. We use this at our volunteer rescue squad for donations. People do not always carry cash anymore. Sometimes we will have multiple volunteers collecting donations at the same time, in different areas. Square gives you the ability to use multiple card readers all on the same account. Works great. I would recommend it. …
- Answered by Brian D from Richmond
- Sep 7, 2013
will the square reader fit my iphone 5 with an otter box case on it
- Asked by Randal C from Michigan City
- Nov 25, 2012
I have found the "CellPay 3.5mm audio extension cable" that works on all Apple iPhones (3, 4, 5), iP I have found the "CellPay 3.5mm audio extension cable" that works on all Apple iPhones (3, 4, 5), iPad (1, 2, 3, 4), IPad Mini, ITouch or any apple product using a protective case. It's a 3.5mm audio extension cable from CellPay Accessories. We tried for months to find an audio extension that worked and we kept having to take the cases off. Then one day we found CellPay as our local Radio Shack rep referred us and since then we have not damaged a device removing it from the case (as we don't any more) and our sales are easy and simple. Plus our techs are happier as it saves them time and us money.
Just plug the reader into the cable and the cable into the phone. You can look online for the CellPay 3.5mm audio extension cable otterbox compatible. FYI it works with Gum Drop cases and others, plus other 3.5mm mobile readers by PayPal Here, Intuit and more. …
- Answered by James D from Westlake Village
- Mar 11, 2013