The Twelve South HoverBar's flexible arm elevates your new iPad or iPad 2 to either side of or above your Mac, turning your iPad into the ultimate Mac sidecar. Simply clamp HoverBar to your iMac or Apple display, snap your new iPad or iPad 2 into the secure clip, and then use iPad to monitor your Twitter feed, stocks, weather, or collaborate via FaceTime—all while you continue working on your Mac.
You can also use HoverBar as a stand-alone iPad mount. Clamp HoverBar to a kitchen cabinet and use your iPad while preparing dinner. Or attach HoverBar to a table for an instant compact workstation. Use HoverBar to interact with your favorite DJ or music app. Create a steering wheel for racing apps. HoverBar literally expands the ways you can use and interact with your iPad.
- Heavy-gauge steel clamp is padded with silicone to protect surfaces to which HoverBar is attached
- Flexible steel arm works with all iMacs and Apple displays
- Positions iPad on either side of or above an iMac or Apple display
- Compatible with new iPad and iPad 2
- Attaches to any surface up to an inch thick without drilling holes and without permanent installation
- Rotates iPad into portrait or landscape position
- Ball mount on iPad clip allows you to tilt iPad back and forth or use as a rotating wheel for driving/racing apps
- Clamp has a two-way mount to accommodate the back of a Mac or flat surface such as a table or desk
- Cable managers keep your workspace free of clutter
- Compatible with iPad Smart Cover
Did you notice?Also works beautifully as a stand-alone mount for your iPad—not just next to your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForEasily place your iPad next to or above your Mac to create the ultimate Apple workstation.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South HoverBar flexible arm
- Bi-directional mounting clamp
- Support clip that fits new iPad and iPad 2
- Four cable management clips
- Allen wrench
- Height: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Width: 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight: 3.5 lb./1.59 kg
- Length: 10.38 in./26.37 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1215
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002504
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.twelvesouth.com/warranty/)
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is slick. I just got mine today and was impressed with the versitality of it. It not only will clamp to your iMac, but This thing is slick. I just got mine today and was impressed with the versitality of it. It not only will clamp to your iMac, but anywhere that has a ledge of about a couple inches in thickness. I had it mounted on my desk (looks freaking awesome) and then I mounted it on my night stand for when I got to bed for some hands free use for watching movies or something. The price is a little steep but your getting high quality from Twelve South along with a pretty sweet companion for your iPad 2. Highly recommended. …
- Written by Kristina T from Saint Joseph
145 of 169 people found this useful
Rock solid construction, I have my iPad now floating on the same eye-level to the screen of my MacBook, which itself is raised up Rock solid construction, I have my iPad now floating on the same eye-level to the screen of my MacBook, which itself is raised up off the desk on a stand to be more ergonomic. Didn't experience what other reviewers say as too flexible and not tight enough--perhaps the angle of my setup is a bit different as I have it mounted from the back ledge of my desk. I can freely rotate and adjust my iPad to any infinitesimal variation of angle I want, and I simply tightened the ball-and-socket joint enough to the resistance/pressure level I wanted. When mounted, I keep my iPad plugged in and turned off auto-lock so the screen is always-on. And I love how they included these small cable clips to neatly tuck away the charging cable out of sight behind my iPad. Overall, a well thought out product. My coworkers are all envious of my "Minority Report" style setup. …
- Written by Kelvin L from Chino Hills
102 of 122 people found this useful
Great item, great customer service!
This is the first Twelve South product I've bought, and I have to say I love it! This is a great product, and when I had inadverte This is the first Twelve South product I've bought, and I have to say I love it! This is a great product, and when I had inadvertently broke the black locking piece that connects the clamp to the arm, I was able to contact them and they shipped out a new part for me. Very nice! …
- Written by Daniel M from Centralia
72 of 80 people found this useful
My son brought me this for christmas. An expensive gift. No sooner do you place the IPAD 2 on the stand, the arm falls. There i My son brought me this for christmas. An expensive gift. No sooner do you place the IPAD 2 on the stand, the arm falls. There is no support. Totally disappointed. …
- Written by nicola A from Grand Cayman
3 of 3 people found this useful
Not with iMac 21.5" !!!
The concept is great however if you mount the way shown on the box, it tips over the monitor. With monitor on Twelve South HiRise The concept is great however if you mount the way shown on the box, it tips over the monitor. With monitor on Twelve South HiRise that the Apple Store also sold me the whole thing fell over and cracked screen. Cost me $400+ …
- Written by Owen M C from Jamaica Plaine
5 of 5 people found this useful
Not Worth It
Useless, in fact. Will not support the weight of an iPad when attached to an iMac stand.
- Written by JAMES M from MILWAUKEE
10 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If a child pushes or hits the ipad will it remain clamped on to the desk?
- Asked by Heather M from Surrey
- Dec 6, 2013
The clamp consists of a solid aluminum build with a heavy hex bolt to tighten. The clamp has extreme The clamp consists of a solid aluminum build with a heavy hex bolt to tighten. The clamp has extremely grippy durable silicone pads that help it stick to the desk/other.
I think the most likely event should a child knock into it would be the arm bends, the threads between the clamp and arm loosen slightly making the arm swing out/in or the iPad just wobbles. …
- Answered by Daniel W from Guelph
- Jan 31, 2014
Is this compatible with iPad Air?
- Asked by Bryan D from Ottawa
- Nov 3, 2013
It is not.
- Answered by Steven A from Clovis
- Nov 4, 2013
Will this work with the Apple smart case ? I get fed up with taking my current case off every time i use it off stand
- Asked by Carlo S from Radstock
- Mar 30, 2013
Unfortunately, no; the holder is pretty tightly fitting around the iPad. Thin "skin" type protectors Unfortunately, no; the holder is pretty tightly fitting around the iPad. Thin "skin" type protectors wouldn't be an issue, but regular "thick" cases definitely would be.
Hope that helps. …
- Answered by Angus M
- Sep 7, 2013
Does it charge the ipad while docked?
- Asked by Loris M from Pasadena
- Jul 18, 2012
It is not a dock, so manually.
You could connect the Pad to one of the USB Connectors though.
- Answered by Helge B
- Jul 20, 2012
Does it work with the New iPad?
- Asked by Robert C from Kendall
- Mar 7, 2012
I have heard that it does. It is a tight fit due to the slight increase in thickness of the iPad (3) I have heard that it does. It is a tight fit due to the slight increase in thickness of the iPad (3) over the iPad 2. …
- Answered by Scott F from Calgary
- Apr 2, 2012
How wide does the clamp open?
- Asked by David G from Glendale
- Oct 23, 2012
The clamp will open roughly 2.0cm - 2.5 cm and will still be able to clamp onto a surface. Therefore The clamp will open roughly 2.0cm - 2.5 cm and will still be able to clamp onto a surface. Therefore the desk / object the HoverBar is clamped onto needs to be around 2.0cm thick or less. …
- Answered by Samuel B
- Feb 5, 2013