Smart Baby Monitor by Withings
Smart Baby Monitor by Withings
The Withings Smart Baby Monitor incorporates a 3 megapixel video sensor for impressive picture quality that takes advantage of the screen resolution on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. With the Pan/Tilt/Zoom technology, you can virtually move around the baby’s room. Just slide your finger like you would on a web page to get a full view of your child's activity.
Talk, play, and illuminate
You get three ways to interact with baby. First, the video feature lets you talk to baby while watching his or her moves. Then you can choose from four melodies to provide your little one with her favorite musical atmosphere. Or use the Smart Baby Monitor night light to pick a softly colored light mood. All directly from your iOS device.
Easily set up automatic alerts to warn you in case of noise, motion, or when the temperature and humidity exceed thresholds you've defined.
Whether at home, at a friend's, or on the road, you're always connected to your baby. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to monitor your baby with an unlimited range and for an unlimited time, even outside your home Wi-Fi network.
- WithBaby app available for free in the App Store
- High-resolution video, motion-free and intuitive Pan/Tilt/Zoom, night vision
- Crystal-clear sound
- Talk to baby, play lullabies, or turn on the multicolor night light
- Monitor noises, motion, temperature, and humidity in baby's room
- Set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature, and humidity
- Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road, or from work
- Alert logs to monitor and improve baby's room conditions
- Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Ethernet cable
Did you notice?Simultaneously listen and talk, select music, monitor room temperatures, and even choose lighting.
Apple Recommends ForKeep an eye and ear on your baby via your iPod, iPhone, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Smart Baby Monitor by Withings
- Carrying case in 3D fabric
- White support stand for baby's bed
- Rechargeable Li-On battery
- Power supply plus three local adapters
- User manual (in multiple languages)
- Height: 2.48 in./6.3 cm
- Width: 3.6 in./9.2 cm
- Weight: 10.34 oz./293 g
- Length: 3.6 in./9.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 70001901
- UPC or EAN No.: 3700546700019
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
WithBaby connects to your Smart Baby Monitor by Withings.
The Smart Baby Monitor offers a cutting-edge way to monitor your baby, interact with him/her and ensure your infant’s well-being using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
By using the free WithBaby app, you can easily watch over your baby with high-resolution video, intuitive Pan-Tilt zoom and night vision, so you don’t miss a thing. Always be near your baby by listening, talking to your child, playing lullabies or turning on the nightlight from anywhere in the world. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to receive discrete alerts in case of noise, motion, temperature or humidity, so that you can control your child’s environment. The Smart Baby Monitor can give you the peace of mind you need by being able to monitor your baby’s safety and comfort from wherever you are at any time.
• Watch over baby in exceptional conditions on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• High-resolution video, motion free and intuitive Pan Tilt Zoom, night vision
• Crystal clear sound
• Ability to talk to baby, play lullabies or turn on the multicolor night light
• Monitor noises, motion, temperature and humidity in baby’s room
• Capacity to set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature and humidity
• Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road or from work
• Alert logs to monitor and improve baby’s room conditions
• Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet cable
You leave outside the US, Europe or Australia? Sign up for alerts and be the first to know when the Smart Baby Monitor is available: http://www.withings.com/en/babymonitor …
Ratings & Reviews
Tried so hard to like it- went through 3 of them
I really wanted to like this monitor- when I heard about it I waited on the waiting list for 3 months until it got approved in the I really wanted to like this monitor- when I heard about it I waited on the waiting list for 3 months until it got approved in the US. Got the first one direct from Withings, and shortly after setting it up the power cord broke. Contacted customer service who said that parts are not available, so I'd have to get a new one. Sent that one back for a replacement
Got the replacement very quickly, and set it up. Was great for 2 days, with the exception of the normal delay that WiFi monitors have- about 5 seconds. After 2 days, none of my iPhones or iPads could connect without rebooting the monitor and the the app. Contacted Withings, and sent it back.
At that point, I was so disappointed because the idea of only having to carry around my phone as the monitor was so great. I figured I'd give it one more shot and got the third one from Apple. Just packaged that one up for return. Once again, worked great for 2 days except for expected delay in signal, but then, once again, despite green lights saying the monitor was connected and great WiFi signals, my iPhones and iPads again could not connect without manually rebooting everything. Once the monitor was unplugged and plugged in again, the app could acquire it, though it took some time to get a good signal, and then had a lot of drop-outs before I could not take anymore. The simplest thing that I can say is that it is not very "Apple". It just doesn't work. …
- Written by ADAM L from Santa Barbara
267 of 321 people found this useful
I really wanted to like this but…
I really wanted to like the Withings Smart Baby Monitor but it’s just not a good product/solution. The first one I purchased had t I really wanted to like the Withings Smart Baby Monitor but it’s just not a good product/solution. The first one I purchased had to be returned because the camera optics were misaligned. The replacement wasn't much better; dark picture. The software seems like it's a work in progress. I will be returning the second (replacement) to the Apple Store and look for another product/solution. …
- Written by Robert S from Tampa
222 of 268 people found this useful
Best baby monitor we've ever had
Rating- Only giving 4 out of 5 because this is pricey especially considering you have to also have an iPhone/ iPad in addition to Rating- Only giving 4 out of 5 because this is pricey especially considering you have to also have an iPhone/ iPad in addition to monitor. We've had three kids and our share of monitors...
A/V- Great video and audio quality. App is very intuitive and has some nice features. Clear a lot of thought was put into it. At night, you can't see that well... but this is not advertised to be night vision goggles. WIth a little backlight provided by something else, you can still see something. Also, the audio is really good.
Setup- Fast and easy. Had it working in 10 minutes.
Wifi- The biggest plus is the wifi- "unlimited distance" and no hissing at extended distances.
iPhone App- well built and thought out. They could have built a great piece of HW and skimped on the UI, but that's not the case. It exceeded my expectations.
Other- have not tried it at friends houses, but since you ideally set it up over the wifi (bluetooth backup), it's not as flexible at the traditional monitor. Since we plan to use this 99% of the time at home, this is not a significant use case for us.
Finally, we took an old iPhone and use it for monitoring. We like to leave it on for long time periods, so using or iPhone is not always ideal. However, it's super great to switch from the extra iPhone to my or my wife's iPhone. Also, both of us can monitor.
Bottom line- if you want an easy to use, top notch baby monitor and will be monitoring from more than 1 room away, this is the way to go. …
- Written by Rylan H from Dedham
215 of 254 people found this useful
Micro USB connector (power cord) stripped from circuit board
1. Micro USB connector (power cord) stripped from circuit board after 9 months preventing me from powering it on at all...
2. Mou 1. Micro USB connector (power cord) stripped from circuit board after 9 months preventing me from powering it on at all...
2. Mounted by a magnet that can easily be knocked off
3. Wireless signal often resets leaving you with no video feed during the down period.
Neat concept but I can't recommend this product. …
- Written by Michael C from Leavenworth
Is the best baby monitor i have used. Works at all times, have never failed so far.
Use it on wifi network, and is very stable. T Is the best baby monitor i have used. Works at all times, have never failed so far.
Use it on wifi network, and is very stable. The only thing missing is PC or Mac support... …
- Written by Frank H from Klepp stasjon
0 of 1 people found this useful
Best way to say "we love you" to our child
As a father of a 10 month old boy I want to transmit just one thought to the Withings Team:
Using this gadget for almost a year n As a father of a 10 month old boy I want to transmit just one thought to the Withings Team:
Using this gadget for almost a year now gave us the opportunity to make our little boy feel safe that someone is always near him when we wakes in the dark without needing to cry out loud for someone to hear his needs.
This babyphone rocks. I am sure that problems listed by other people below are just lack of knowledge in having this gadget well configurated.
The 2 - 5 seconds delay is something very normal for split video in a home networking. Industrial equipments are 100% live and costs also 100 times more. …
- Written by Lucian P from Normandy Park
0 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this allow me to see my child while I am deployed overseas with an internet connection or TDY in a different state?
- Asked by John M from Durham
- Mar 7, 2014
I've successfully checked in on my baby in California while on a business trip in Florida. As long I've successfully checked in on my baby in California while on a business trip in Florida. As long as your device has relatively open access to the public internet (and the baby monitor does, too) you should be okay. This worked on hotel WiFi as well as 3G.
It doesn't make for a good videoconferencing solution as there is a lag of a couple seconds between the app recording your voice and when you hear it come out of the baby monitor. But you can say a few things, maybe even sing a song or read a story - as long as it's not too interactive.
This lag is present even when you're on the same network, by the way. …
- Answered by Steven W from Van Nuys
- Mar 10, 2014
I am stationed in Germany, I know we are not allowed to have certain baby monitors here because they interfere with the German frequencies. Can I use?
- Asked by Gabrielle T from Apo
- Mar 29, 2014
Is the withings baby monitor work in Yemen at 220 v ??
- Asked by Nahyan G from Cupertino
- Sep 17, 2013
Can more than one parent use their iPhone to check on the baby as well? Is it accessible through other phones?
- Asked by Sharon R from Jersey City
- May 4, 2012
Yes. You can have as many Smart Baby Monitor as you want, connected to as many iPhone/iPad as you ow Yes. You can have as many Smart Baby Monitor as you want, connected to as many iPhone/iPad as you own. To answer your question, Mom and Dad can access the feed from their own iPhone and connect using a shared iPad as well. …
- Answered by Michelle S
- May 7, 2012
Can you buy an extra camera for it thats not an extra 300 dollars for multiple children
- Asked by Joseph P from Milan
- Sep 25, 2012