Protect your MacBook Pro and personal information with the Kensington Portable Combination Laptop Lock. The pushbutton design offers one-hand operation for easy installation while the Kensington T-bar secures the lock to your Mac. A keyless four-wheel combination is easily resettable and offers 10,000 possible combinations. The self-coiling cable stretches to six feet to anchor to a desk or fixed structure, yet shrinks down to just three inches for easy packing.
- One-button installation and removal
- T-bar provides most secure internal grip of computer
- Three-inch coiled cable expands to six feet
- Customizable combination with up to 10,000 codes
Did you notice?The six-foot cable self-coils to a mere three-inch diameter for convenient packing.
Apple Recommends ForLock your MacBook Pro while you're in a cafe, the library, or anyplace where it might be vulnerable to theft.
What's in the Box?
- Kensington Portable Combination Lock
- Instruction guide
- Height: 0.5 in./1.27 cm
- Width: 0.25 in./0.63 cm
- Weight: 4.8 oz./136.08 g
- Length: 3.0 in./7.62 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: K64670
- UPC or EAN No.: 085896646709
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
- Compatible with products that have a security slot, such as MacBook Pro, iMac, and 30-inch Cinema Display. Not compatible with MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Retina Display models.
Ratings & Reviews
It works great with one hand. Orientation could be better. I couldn't find much places to lock it on to at a cafe which makes it p It works great with one hand. Orientation could be better. I couldn't find much places to lock it on to at a cafe which makes it pretty useless. …
- Written by sang K from Los Angeles
0 of 11 people found this useful
Fits perfectly, discreet enough.
Small and compact. The coiled cable is a major advantage. Fits perfectly on a Macbook Pro 15in without obstructing the CD/DVD. Ind Small and compact. The coiled cable is a major advantage. Fits perfectly on a Macbook Pro 15in without obstructing the CD/DVD. Indeed, the lock can be installed or removed with one hand.
On the flip side, the major flaw is the orientation of the lock: the combination faces forward instead of being displayed on the top of the lock. In other words, this lock is difficult to remove if the laptop is sitting on a surface because the combination is not on the same place as the keyboard but perpendicular to it and difficult to see. The easiest way to remove the lock requires to close the laptop and lift it up on its dorsal spine. The combination numbers are not easy to roll if one does not have one finger on either side of the lock. This again makes it difficult to remove the lock if the laptop is on flat surface.
The coiled cable is definitely worth it! This lock permits a one hand use keeping in mind that the other hand is holding the laptop up in the air! …
- Written by Philippe M from Halifax
106 of 113 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I want a laptop lock for my MacBook pro with retina display. What are my options?
- Asked by Alison N from Milford
- Aug 4, 2012
I want to buy a laptop lock for my macbook air. What choices do I have?
- Asked by John L from Lisle
- Jul 25, 2012